Pop-up lights?

• There have been quite a few pop-up vehicle mods that allow the popping up of lights like in the Toyota Celica, etc etc.

What I don't understand, is that they use the "scoop" method. WHY?

Recently (last year) the Cunning Stunts DLC added a vehicle that had pop up lights. Why not utilize that?

I'm very confused about this, any clarification would be appreciated.

• Banned

@AHK1221 They are using that method, just to keep you guessing, LOL.

• @eshenk Most of the mods that I see that use pop-ups either use the bulldozer "scoop" or custom "doors" that can be manipulated through scripts.

Mind explaining?

• Banned

@AHK1221 I don't know enough about the subject to reason the why of it. Could it be the limitation of said modder's skill, so they employ the only method they know to get it working?

• It's because when Cunning Stunts released, the pop-up lights function was hardcoded for the Tropos Rallye. Even if you made an exact copy the settings, the pop-up lights would behave the same as Dukes' light covers - barely any rotation, in the wrong way as well. The problem continued with Import/Export when Ruiner 2000 got released.

In the last update (Cunning Stunts: Special Vehicle Circuit) two more vehicles with pop-up lights were added, but this time they were not hardcoded. Rockstar actually added a handling setting that allows to control the rotation of the pop-up headlights (<fPopUpLightRotation value="rotation value goes here" />), which is used in the Turismo Classic and Infernus Classic. As far as mods go, I've only ever seen CP utilize it for the Hakumai in his IVPack, so I'm guessing it's more about modders not knowing they can freely do that now rather than technical difficulties.

• @WildBrick142 Thanks for the info there :)

• 29 August 2015 for me
    https://fr.gta5-mods.com/vehicles/bmw-e31-850i

It was using the duke's light_cover. It was pretty hard to do, need to find the final angle with the lights almost already rotated. And not all car could use this sytem. For exemple, i had a lotus elan, but the lights couldnt be made correctly. the part that complete the bonnet was hidding half the lights.

But yeah, with the new update it is easier as we can set the max angle.

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.