[C#][NativeUI] How to create a mod menu using NativeUI(Part 1)

• Is this up to date

• Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
    Error CS5001 Program does not contain a static 'Main' method suitable for an entry point ModMenu c:\users\itroken\documents\visual studio 2015\Projects\ModMenu\ModMenu\CSC 1 Active
    PLZ HELP ME

• does this still works?
    can i also do this with notepad++?
    and iss it still C++ like in gta iv?

@DSE_ShadowZ said in [C#][NativeUI] How to create a mod menu using NativeUI(Part 1):

does this still works?
    can i also do this with notepad++?
    and iss it still C++ like in gta iv?

.NET is not C++ (Well, C++/CLI, but let's just pretend that doesn't exist for our mental health). Most .NET scripts are in C#, as is this NativeUI demo.

• @ikt thanks for the info man, im trying to make my own mod menu again so im trying to figure everything out, i used to make gta4 mod menus but as i thought its all different now,

still tying to find some ppl that wanna explain some things to me but ur the first one that replied :)

and do u know a program for .NET?

@DSE_ShadowZ
    Yeah notepad or vim if you're a masochist.

Visual Studio Community is free and is Visual Studio, one of the best tools for development on Windows. IntelliSense :ok_hand:

Especially with C#, it helps a lot with object members and member functions, and autocompletion.

Shameless plug: I've also made this C++ menu. Worth taking a look but set-up is somewhat more tedious.

• can't seem to get this menu to work on gta so that I can test it I put all the files in my game directory and the code is the same as yours here, do .dll files not get read for some reason? if no then what do I need to convert it to for it to work?

EDIT: nvm I figured it out stupid me had the modmenu.dll outside the scripts folder.

• @AHK1221 HOW DO I INSTALL THE MENU IN TO GTA

• @DefconFive HELP it dosent work

• when i try to see if i can see the mod menu it does not show up how do i fix this?

• @DefconFive hey, have you been able to fix it because i am having the same problem, please help

• Error on build: "must have a properly static main method".

When i just put the .cs inside scripts folder it doesn't work either... Error message:

[02:46:02] [ERROR] Failed to compile 'modMenu.cs' with 3 error(s):
    at line 5: O nome de namespace ou o tipo 'NativeUI' não pôde ser encontrado. Precisa de uma diretiva using ou de uma referência de assembly?
    at line 17: O nome de namespace ou o tipo 'MenuPool' não pôde ser encontrado. Precisa de uma diretiva using ou de uma referência de assembly?
    at line 18: O nome de namespace ou o tipo 'UIMenu' não pôde ser encontrado. Precisa de uma diretiva using ou de uma referência de assembly?

Basicly... it says that these things wasn't found: NativeUI, MenuPool, UIMenu.

I have the NativeUI.dll inside the scripts folder.

• How do you test it ingame?

• @AHK1221 you rock!
    :santa:

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.