Map Editor Objects

• @Marco_italy The ability to import new objects into the game (models). For example: Easy to work with slabs (in the shape of the model) rather than blocks of dirt, sand, wodden planks, cobblestone, etc. This reminds me too much of Minecraft! XD

@OmegaKingMods Do please keep me posted... I suppose modelling support is very possible, but one needs to make a DLC importing the objects in such a way they can afterwards be spawned in-game...

( ͡ō ͜ʖ ͡ō) ....................... ( ͡ō ͜ʖ ͡ō) ....................... ( ͡ō ͜ʖ ͡ō) ....................... ( ͡ō ͜ʖ ͡ō)
    ( ͡ō ͜ʖ ͡ō) ....................... ( ͡ō ͜ʖ ͡ō) ....................... ( ͡ō ͜ʖ ͡ō) ....................... ( ͡ō ͜ʖ ͡ō)

Marking my Territory.

• Oi I have a big problem that is upsetting me greatly:

The Map Editor seems to constatly crash. I mod a file for 10 minutes (I'm constantly saving, in preparation for the all of a sudden crash) and then a few minutes later, it crashes. Now, it is very relative. Sometimes the map editor would crash 5 minutes after I begin modding, and other times it would crash after an hour. I notice it's much more common when I spin objects (Yaw, Roll & Pitch, and even more so on a roll).

Once the Map Editor crashes, the objects spawned, stay in-game. However, the entire menu disappears, the bottom left map (which when you open the map editor, disappears) is once again visible, and my "F5" (I changed from F7 to F5) key no longer can be used to open the menu. Also, I am then stuck without being able to move the screen using the mouse.

Has this ever happened to someone else? I don't know what the cause is, but it drives me insane as I then have to reload the game and reopen the pain in the ass map I've been working so hard on, with over 1.580 objects (currently). So, as you could imagine, I would be spending a total of 10 minutes reloading the game, only to then spend 10 minutes working on the map, before it would once again crash (again, I'm referring to the map editor, not the game). This is incredibly frustrating, and turns my map building experience into a nightmare. Weirdly, I don''t seem to be getting a crash report in the MapEditor. txt file.

• It used to happen to me a lot, I know it's really annoying! I solved this problem downloading something for the map limit can't remember what tho. Try to look for maps limit or something similar and you should solve the problem! Let me know! Ah for coming back to the topic, when you have time could you upload some items of your note's object list?

• Wow. I find this offensive.

• @MAFINS ? Why? :o

• lol

because his mod, menyoo, is also pretty prominent for making maps

objects in GTA V are not "map editor objects," map editor is just one of the map making mods out there (although it was definitely the first to get popular)

• @MAFINS I use Menyoo, and it's the best trainer I have ever used in my life. Period. So don't feel bad, bruv.

I might switch to yours in the future, after I finish this project if the thing keeps crashing. Your trainer never seems to crash. I have wasted so much time making this Map Editor work. How many props can yours spawn? Is it easier to use? Can you actually spawn vehicles with the ability to change their color and what not? Thanks in advance!

• I saw many stunt props that weren't used in the DLC ? Huge loopings , ramps etc.

• @Hyper-Droid have you tried my method? For me it worked! Where are you building your map? @MAFINS excuse me dude I tried map editor first, is your mod suitable for making map so big? I used it for vehicles and as a trainer/spawner

• @Marco_italy Yeah I just asked @Guadmaz to see what the deal is there. I'm hoping he will give me some info on what you said about the "map limit".

Makes good sense to me as my map is pretty easily one of the biggest map mods ever made (certainly wouldn't surprise me), at least in prop variety: walls, cranes, objects such as laptops, coffee mugs, bottles, burgers,...; wall lights, towers, huts, furniture, vegetation like trees, grass, rocks, floor like (thanks to @OmegaKingMods wooden plank floor, gravel/road, resources, contruction items, weapon props, signs, fences,... etc etc etc etc!) I'm not taking into account vegetation overhauls, because while these mods use 1500-5000 props, they just spam the exact same few types of trees and rocks over the land, which is very very easy to do. I'm mostly comparing my project (when I say this) to other buildings/bases.

Anyways, getting to the details, I find my mod to have:

• 1623 Props.

• 3 Vehicles. (At the moment there are very little as I am using the @ImNotMentaL Persistence mod). When I upload the map mod, I'll make sure there's a version for those who don't have that mod, with lots of helicopters, gang vehicles, etc.

• Several markers (Been pricking around, but I cannot figure out how to use them for teleportation among other things! Help would be appreciated)

• 65 NPCs. Grove Street Gangsters in their vast majority (There were many more, but I removed some to reduce lag for normal gamers).

All in all, I think it's very possible that some sort of resource limitation in the map Editor may be causing the issue. I noticed that as I added more and more and more props, the Editor would crash more and more often. For users, this doesn't seem to be an issue, but as a map editor, it sucks.

Once I have uploaded the mod I will make a topic displaying my personal list of objects I found over time. Others can of course contribute, but while this topic is called "Map Editor Objects", it to me doesn't feel like a topic about objects, but more like the Map Editor itself.

Thanks again,
    Hyper.

• It should be this but I can't remember exactly https://it.gta5-mods.com/misc/no-boundary-limits .
    However You are working on a big thing, good luck! Can't make teleports work as well so I can't help you ahah
    Can't wait to see your work! :) Have a look of mine! https://it.gta5-mods.com/maps/ludendorff-mod https://it.gta5-mods.com/maps/ludendorff-station-addon https://forums.gta5-mods.com/topic/210/maps-requalification ;)

• Thanks @Marco_italy! Appeciate your input!

Well, it's funny your requalification mod is set in sandy shores because... I so happen to be redoing the entire Motel at the moment. That's my project! Shame I then can't use your map too, unless I remove everything you did in that area, which I might actually do!

• @Hyper-Droid @Marco_italy Woah these forums are getting serious! :fencer:

• @Hyper-Droid Ahahah good luck dude, can't wait to see your work either! :)

• @Hyper-Droid @Hyper-Droid Mine spawns all props entered in the PropList.txt file. And yes; peds, props, and vehicles maintain all changes made to them.
    There are 2 ways to move objects in Mayo currently (Can be changed via Spooner>Settings>SpoonerModeMethod), but I'll try making an easier triple arrow method in the future I S A.

• @MAFINS Wow I'll check that's great news! As I said before, I'm switching to your Map Editor, chances are, because I still can't fix the constant crashing in Map Editor. :thumbsup_tone3:

• @Marco_italy Well I think Menyoo has one nice feature what could be useful also for Map Editor. It is creating your list of favourite objects. During listing through the big list of all props just push one key to save a prop as your favourite object. The list of your favourite objects is avaible any time in the menu. The list of favourite props can be shared with anyone because it can be found in the game directory as one file.

• @T3mas1 I've just discovered @MAFINS 's menyoo It is really a giant work it's amazing! Now I am trying to improve my map with it because it makes possible animations and actions that are really amazing! But @MAFINS I have a problem maybe I can post it even between the comments of menyoo file when I try to save the database it says: "Fatal error can't find native" and then the code of the error? What do I have to do? I really would like to improve all of my mod giving them life thanks to your mode but without saving is really difficult!

• @MAFINS an update I found out that menyoo for me crashes only when I add a generic vehicle into the database. Could you help me?

• @Marco_italy @MAFINS @T3mas1 @OmegaKingMods Am I wrong in saying my map mod can be ported to be used in the Menyoo Spooner?

Then again... I can't because I've been using @OmegaKingMods Map Builder. Dank it.
    Still, if I hadn't used the Map Builder, would I have been able to convert my map mod to be compatible on Menyoo?

• @Hyper-Droid yes you can save all the objects present in your map using menyoo including map builder ones

• @Marco_italy

24 days later, forgot to say: Thank you! ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• @Hyper-Droid ahaha never mind! :) How is going the development of your mod?

• @Marco_italy It was uploaded a while back, actually. Sorry I never answered. I still to this hay have an issue that involves me not getting a notification sometimes when someone @'s me.

I sadly feel like I'm the only one with this problem... :/

https://www.gta5-mods.com/maps/gangsta-s-paradise-mega-grove-street-base-with-interior-autoload

https://img.gta5-mods.com/q85-w800/images/gangsta-s-paradise-mega-grove-street-base-with-interior-autoload/5ebea1-backgrounder.png

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.