[WIP] [Add-on DLC Map Edits] California Air National Guard at LSIA (Help Wanted)
So... I am looking to make an add-on DLC map that adds a hangar, some aircraft cover things from Zancudo, edit vehicle spawns, and props. The screens below are just to show where I mean...
I want to bring this hangar from Zancudo in but I also will need assistance editing the model to place California Air National Guard wording on it.
These are the aircraft covers I am referring to...
Inspired by @Dekurwinator
You want hangar from zancudo at ls airport so first you need to find object:
- In x64s/levels/gta5/_hills/country_03/cs3_07.rpf theres open hangar cs3_07_hanger05.ydr, it uses cs3_07_3.ybn collision file, but you can see theres other buildings in that collision, so extract only cs3_07_hanger05.ydr rename it to unique name for example test_hanger05.ydr and place that file to your test.rpf archive.
- You need to find out what textures use this object so in x64s/levels/gta5/_hills/country_03/ country_03_metadata.rpf/ country_03_metadata_001_strm.ytyp you see that cs3_07_hanger05.ydr object using CS3_07_Build01.ytd so find it and extract to desktop and rename it to unique name like test_build1.ytd and place it to your test.rpf archive.
- Edit test.ytyp file in your test.rpf archive:
- Edit your test01.ymap:
Test in game
This object for test is without collision but easy you can make in 3dsmax or zmod
I made the files structure as you said but I am not seeing the hangar spawn in my game... I messed up somewhere I guess.
I made my custom map named “caghangar”
- In OpenIV add line
to dlclist.xml in mods/update/update.rpf/common/data
- Create folder named ”test” in Grand Theft Auto V\mods\update\x64\dlcpacks
- In OpenIV create RPF archive named “dlc”
- Now inside dlc.rpf create folder named “x64” then inside x64 create folder named “levels” inside create next folder named “gta5” inside create next folder “test”
- In folder test create RPF archive named “caghangar” it will looks like:
- Put objects what you want to spawn in game to your caghangar.rpf archive. In this example object: caghangar.ydr with embedded collisions (didn’t tested with .ybn yet)
- Now create caghangar.ytyp file and put to your caghangar.rpf archive and edit it. Example for caghangar.ydr object:
- In OpenIV add line
@DarthPungz csn you show me your content and setup2 files?
@Dekurwinator and you add "caghangar" to dlc list but dlc folder named test so change test name to caghangar to have caghangar/dlc/x64...ect
@Dekurwinator You don't have to change lodDist in ymap if it's already set in ytyp. Also remove test entry from <parent>. It's useless.
contentFlags set to 65.
Jeśli coś napisałem niezrozumuale, pisz na pw.
@CP about parent i know now, with LODs thanks and about contentFlags - 65 what it does? Im in my mod always set to 0 and dont have any issues with that and i know that 73 is for interiors if im correct.
@DarthPungz DLC done as pack. You can add your own cars and props for tests i used @SkylineGTRFreak m977l and m977t and yours f5adv. Cars/plane spawn with no problems at start of game. Heres test video:
Link to DLC i send ya by DM cuz it contains cars not created by me.
Could you upload the DLC with the vehicles taken out? People can easily figure out how to add vehicles to it, but I'm interested in seeing a complete DLC for building mods and vehicle spawns by ymap.
@PNWParksFan i can upload full dlc pack but without car models or if i will have permission from @SkylineGTRFreak (cuz m977l and m977t cars used in this example are made by him) then i will upload with cars models
@Dekurwinator yes you have permission. go ahead.
@Dekurwinator just go ahead, I have no problems with it
@SkylineGTRFreak long time no chat my friend. i hope everything is okay.
@SkylineGTRFreak oh thank you. You saved me work
@FoxtrotDelta well, the busy times started again with all the exams coming up but I still need to be more active in the Forums
@SkylineGTRFreak if there is a request you would like to take, and i have taken it. just let me know. i'll choose something else. this is for future also.
Good luck with exams. i took admin task for past few days. and it has been a pain in the neck. i'll get back to mod creation soon. admin task and mod creation don't go hand in hand.
@PNWParksFan so heres link to dlc http://www.mediafire.com/file/8teufjpc4i481u5/caghangar.rar
Add line to dlclist <Item>dlcpacks:\caghangar</Item>
To anyone who download this:
Dont reupload without permission of @SkylineGTRFreak and @DarthPungz In this pack are included models:
m977l and m977t created by @SkylineGTRFreak
f5adv created by @DarthPungz
Cars and plane with hangar spawns at start of game at LS airport
@SkylineGTRFreak Are you taking summer classes?
@FoxtrotDelta hmm, a lot of people seem to want the M1070 HET. Perhaps I would take that one (The US version with 3 wheels in the back) if you don't mind. I also have a model of it... At least I have been seeing it quite a few times in the comments of M939, HEMTT, etc
@nathanjamesddg151 yea I do and currently I'm noticing that I should've done a lot more a lot earlier... Oh well.
@SkylineGTRFreak it's okay you can do it. i am sure , yours and my models are different.
i have a different source than call of duty model as well. you can make this one. i'll make it later with a different trailer and features. with a script as well.
@SkylineGTRFreak well, join the club. I'm entering finals week and I'm taking summer classes...
@Dekurwinator I just woke up and it is like a lovely Christmas morning! I am downloading the package now and am so eager to load it up and take a look! Thank you so much for leading the charge on this project!
This is super exciting stuff that has broad applications for the GTA 5 community!!!
@DarthPungz well we all here for help each other even if some of us dont have good english
First spawn in-game! Yay! Thank you so much man!!! You rock!
@DarthPungz im glad that its works for ya