Upvoting/Downvoting comments on the main site for mods.

• Would be a good feature. Rappo considered it, but stepped down as admin.

• @JZersche Would be absolutely nice to have. The only setback is sometimes on the main site, the comments section of some mods can get highly out of hand, and that feature would just probably be abused. Maybe just a like button?

• There you go. Just a like button. The same reason FB doesn't have a dislike. Makes sense.

• @JZersche said in Upvoting/Downvoting comments on the main site for mods.:

There you go. Just a like button. The same reason FB doesn't have a dislike. Makes sense.

If we're having a dislike button people would like "Oh that guy disliked my comment, i should dislike them also"

• @jkrzd Dude, most people already get pissed right off on the forums every time they get downvoted. It'd be WAY worse to have it on the mainsite.

• I don't think it's a good features to have on the main site, keep it to forums.

• @V4D3R There was a comment by one of the admins but I can't find it, that confirmed my fears about this. They said that they had tried it on one of their sites and cliques formed with people being trolled and having their comments downvoted en-masse, just because they disliked a mod.

I'll be damned if I can find it though... it's on here somewhere and only recently too I think.

Edit: Found it https://forums.gta5-mods.com/topic/11363/suggesstion-rappo/7

• Gives groups the opportunity to witch hunt certain people. Too easy to hit downvote, even if someone has a valid point.
    Sadly downvoting doesnt work.

If someone is truely an asshole. Then there is a report link.

• @Cass said in Upvoting/Downvoting comments on the main site for mods.:

Gives groups the opportunity to witch hunt certain people. Too easy to hit downvote, even if someone has a valid point.

Oh, that's already happening here. I've noticed that a lot of comments took a shit-kicking lately in the last few weeks. It's bad enough we even have reputation votes here, why spread such infectiousness to the stable-minded mainsite of any virtual nuthouse. (I mean for all forums, I ain't calling anybody anything here, but if you've been on as many forums who center respect/disrespect based on your reputation level, those are the nuthouses I reference. Let's try and veer away from such similarities.)

• Yeah, I'm not so sure about it... I gave someone helpful advice not too long ago, and it got downvoted. Probably by mistake...

Someone made a post and said it in a really strange way, so I responded with-
    Red Fish, Blue Fish.
    One Fish, Two Fish.

I also said it with that 4a.m. tired haze thing going on so I thought it was much more funny than when I woke up after I passed out.

• @TheLoneWolf293 said in Upvoting/Downvoting comments on the main site for mods.:

Yeah, I'm not so sure about it... I gave someone helpful advice not too long ago, and it got downvoted. Probably by mistake.

Nope, troll downvoters. Had a notification that a guy upvoted my comment. Not a mistake, right? Nope, the guy downvoted when he realized he upvoted.

• ADMIN

@krashadam said in Upvoting/Downvoting comments on the main site for mods.:

Gives groups the opportunity to witch hunt certain people. Too easy to hit downvote, even if someone has a valid point.

We had this system at Nexus Mods for a year or so but it was used for exactly that. All it took was for a mod author to do something a group of people didn't like (e.g. not make their mod open source) and the witch hunt and downvoting would start.

Unfortunately it doesn't matter how much you tell people to rate the comment, not the person, it won't stop people and then it becomes another thing that needs to be moderated. As I'm sure you can imagine, an upvote/downvote system is next to impossible to moderate properly.

• @Dark0ne said in Upvoting/Downvoting comments on the main site for mods.:

@krashadam said in Upvoting/Downvoting comments on the main site for mods.:

We had this system at Nexus Mods for a year or so but it was used for exactly that. All it took was for a mod author to do something a group of people didn't like (e.g. not make their mod open source) and the witch hunt and downvoting would start.

Unfortunately it doesn't matter how much you tell people to rate the comment, not the person, it won't stop people and then it becomes another thing that needs to be moderated. As I'm sure you can imagine, an upvote/downvote system is next to impossible to moderate properly.

Good point 'n' all, but you replied to the wrong dude. It was @Cass who said that. I tagged him so he would see it.

• @TheLoneWolf293 said in Upvoting/Downvoting comments on the main site for mods.:

Yeah, I'm not so sure about it... I gave someone helpful advice not too long ago, and it got downvoted. Probably by mistake...

Someone made a post and said it in a really strange way, so I responded with-
    Red Fish, Blue Fish.
    One Fish, Two Fish.

I also said it with that 4a.m. tired haze thing going on so I thought it was much more funny than when I woke up after I passed out.

Lmao!

Try giving helpful advice or asking a simple question on those StackExchange/StackOverflow or whatever sites, They love downvoting. I actually looked something up and the only answer to a question I had was some dude who got downvoted and accused of answering a question that had nothing to do with the topic when in reality it did, and it was in my opinion the best answer. Ha

I told them to just ban my account like 7 months ago, because their community sucked. XD XD

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.