Main site "Bug"

• Dear, @administrators
    As you can see, that my profile picture on the left are different with the upper right corner, also my Linked Accounts are not appearing. Please Fix this ASAP

Does the administrator are like "Do something" about this? @Global-Moderators
    I don't want to be sound rude; I know, i should have some patience but. Seriously?
    alt text

• @jkrzd Yes, I already reported this bug to @FoxtrotDelta, this is happening with @Zen-Imogen as well.

• ADMIN

RE: the profile pictures, this was a bug from when Rappo was running things which he had to fix manually for every single user who had the issue (which is a lot, because the feature is broken). Unfortunately, I do not have the time that Rappo did to do this for every single user who has this issue, and it's not something moderators/admins can fix as it requires database edits. As such, I'm not sure what we'll do about it just yet.

RE: the issue with the linked accounts, this was a caching issue which we believe is now fixed. You'll need to resubmit your profile for the fix to occur.

• @Dark0ne So will it ever get fixed?

• ADMIN

@AHK1221 If you mean the profile pictures then the answer is simply "I don't know". The problem is the fact the site and forums are "hooked" together with very buggy code and we do not have the time (or perhaps the experience, considering we've never used NodeBB before) to fix it right now.

Considering we'd have to learn NodeBB to fix it, it's possible the fix could take a LOT of work...for some profile pictures. I don't think it would be worth our time.

• @Dark0ne A bug should be at least TRIED to be fixed, and then you say it won't be worth your time? Sorry if I come off as rude, but... you have a site to run and maintain, and when there is a bug, you say its not worth your time? A bug is a bug, and needs to be fixed.

• @AHK1221 said in Main site "Bug":

@Dark0ne A bug should be at least TRIED to be fixed, and then you say it won't be worth your time? Sorry if I come off as rude, but... you have a site to run and maintain, and when there is a bug, you say its not worth your time? A bug is a bug, and needs to be fixed.

Read
    I don't want to be sound rude
    No offense

I agree with that, but as you can see. The new Admins never used NodeBB Before. Considering that, why rappo can just give them a few "Training" (How to use NodeBB. Perhaps) before completely mantaining this site?

Also keep your cool man @AHK1221

I'll tag rappo, usually he tend to fix the problem(s) quickly. @rappo
    I don't want to be sound rude but we need rappo, and rappo should still take care of this site before they take a proper training or something. If you know what i mean.

Also i don't think that rappo are leaving this site (In few weeks or so), he probably just taking a vacation or something.

This website is kinda in a mess. For now.

• @Dark0ne You could try asking around for another moderator that is familiar with NodeBB and has experience managing various databases (SQL, Mongo etc..) to handle the profile pictures. I'm sure there is someone who is willing to do it for free out of love for the community. Saying stuff like "it's not worth my time" is not the right way to approach this issue.

• @Razed said in Main site "Bug":

@Dark0ne Saying stuff like "it's not worth my time" is not the right way to approach this issue

THERE

The problem is fixed now.
    alt text

@Global-Moderators Please lock this thread to avoid unnecessary debates.

• ADMIN

@AHK1221 said in Main site "Bug":

Sorry if I come off as rude,

You do come off as rude.

I explained exactly how we're approaching this issue and the time to "worth" aspect of how we have to manage things moving forward. I'm sorry you disagree with this, but unfortunately, it's the reality of the situation.

I shall refrain from commenting on these sorts of issues from now on as I'm simply going to have my hand bitten off for trying to explain the current situation and the realities as a result of the site to forum hook being a mess, and the impracticality of how it was managed up until now.

Jumping on me, the person who inevitably would be the one to fix it, because it's not going to be done in a time frame you deem acceptable helps no one.

@jkrzd AHK1221 is talking specifically about the profile image issue.

• @Dark0ne said in Main site "Bug":

@AHK1221 said in Main site "Bug":

Sorry if I come off as rude,

You do come off as rude.

I explained exactly how we're approaching this issue and the time to "worth" aspect of how we have to manage things moving forward. I'm sorry you disagree with this, but unfortunately, it's the reality of the situation.

I shall refrain from commenting on these sorts of issues from now on as I'm simply going to have my hand bitten off for trying to explain the current situation and the realities as a result of the site to forum hook being a mess, and the impracticality of how it was managed up until now.

Jumping on me, the person who inevitably would be the one to fix it, because it's not going to be done in a time frame you deem acceptable helps no one.

@jkrzd AHK1221 is talking specifically about the profile image issue.

But you also come off as rude "it's not worth my time".

Anyway, lock this thread. Before it gets derailed.

• ADMIN

But you also come off as rude "it's not worth my time".

Taken way out of context there.

Once again, here's what I said:

"The problem is the fact the site and forums are "hooked" together with very buggy code and we do not have the time (or perhaps the experience, considering we've never used NodeBB before) to fix it right now...

...Considering we'd have to learn NodeBB to fix it, it's possible the fix could take a LOT of work...for some profile pictures. I don't think it would be worth our time."

There's the context. If you think it's rude to explain exactly why it's not worth the time it would take to fix it right now then...I can't help you.

• @Dark0ne But you should make some efforts to repair it, right? Like @Razed suggested, you can try asking around other people who know NodeBB, instead of just ignoring the problem.

• ADMIN

I'm not being dismissive of this issue like I feel you think I am. I know the bug, I know why it's happening, and I know how much work it's going to take to fix it. When I say "we won't look at it anytime soon" it's because there's no quick fix to the problem.

GTA5-Mods was completely custom-coded by Rappo. The forums (NodeBB) hook into this custom code. As such, we have the same problem in reverse if we bring in outside help -- they'd need to have access to and to be able to learn and understand Rappo's code and how 5Mods works. That would not only take time, but it would also be a potential security risk giving someone else access to the site's code.

@AHK1221 the way you are suggesting it impatiently, won't help the situation.

Give them time and im sure issues will be resolved. He didnt say he is going to ignore it, simply said there are other things more important , which are being implimented this week and coming weeks.

We should all be patient and report bugs . but don't get impatient in getting those bugs fixed, these things take time.

• Woah, woah, I think we're taking this a little too out of context.

As much as I hate saying this (@AHK1221 and @jkrzd are 2 of many people I actually get a kick out of posting on certain topics with, they both have fairly decent knowledge and know what they're talking about, but I can see they get a bad smell off you, DarkOne), in DarkOne's defense, Rappo never really gave him a long session on how his coding with NodeBB works.

It's actually Rappo's fault if you ask me, he gave the administration powers to somebody he never taught how his forum's/mainsite's code worked.

Also, DarkOne does have the Nexus to administer/, too. It's MrMason who's been sort of... not here, announcing things, fixing things. (Who knows why on that one, but that's a little off-topic.)

But I think we all got a bad bug in the air here for a few minutes, let's ease it out. CAKE!!!!

@Dark0ne @FoxtrotDelta

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.