The end of OpenIV

• @KingsixIII 30 k in 2 days dear friend . those millions of copies were not sold in 2 days. You will see in time.

• @KingsixIII said in The end of OpenIV:

@jwbjnwolf I fail to see how modders "keep it alive". you'll have to explain that. out of the 70 million copies sold, 30k of those have stepped up to say something. it's kind of like an ant screaming at an elephant and wondering why he doesn't hear them.
    at the end of the day, it's take2's property. they have the right to defend it under the law as it stands. does it suck ? of course. is it unfair ? maybe.

I get what you're aiming at, but you're taking the 70 million copies out of context. Let's take Mario Kart Wii as an example, which is on rank 6 of the best-selling video games, with around 36,950,000 copies sold. Only because that's a huge number, it doesn't mean the game is still alive, since I doubt that lots of people still play Mario Kart Wii. If you want to make an accurate comparison, you would have to take the number of people who still play GTA V on a regular base and set THAT number into relation with the 30k who signed the petition. Comparing them with the 70 mio copies sold doesn't make a lot of sense.

// Also, what @FoxtrotDelta said.

• @KingsixIII GTA IV was a bad port from console to pc and among many went well hated and short lived. Not a massive amount play it anymore because GTA V is out so everyone's in GTA V or in other games.

Heck so many people I know have just gotten sick of GTA V, of online and play completely different games exclusively because people get fed up of the same damn thing, especially the darn micro-transactions.

Also have you seen GTA SA:MP lately? It's still typically 50,000 active players. And people still to this day buy GTA San Andreas to play SA:MP, some because they can't afford PCs to run GTA IV or V on, others because they just like the more nostalgic experience of the 3D era games and it's zero need to be updating and online all of the time.

These things could sure be said for people that don't have an interest in using mods at all, but then when you can make the game your own, such as making it more homely by modding in vehicles, maps and all sorts of things familiar to what you see everyday at home in your country. Do I need to even say how many people like that?

Even just simple things like being a police officer, being a train driver, being a bus driver, a taxi driver, or all sorts. Roleplaying, being animals. Modding in a custom ped that maybe looks a lot like you. Changing the road signs, billboards, vehicle textures. Changing the police lights from red and blue to blues and twos. Using custom sirens. Making the game look nicer.

Not everybody is interested in all of that, maybe none of that, rather completely different things. Mods is about creativity, freedom, choice and making the game your own. Even just improving things that are already in the game as some of those above things are depending which game in the series it is.

If I didn't have mods in ATS, ETS 2 and OMSI 2, I would just have no interest in playing them as much as I do, and I sure wouldn't have the interest in doing videos of them as much as I have. But because I can put custom buses/trucks/trailers/maps in etc, I can well and truly make it my own to be unique to everything I like.

Forza, they have one very simple thing that is absolutely loved by the creative and gaming community, creating designs to your heart's desire and then other people can choose from them. That's the main thing I love about mods in GTA, I can create designs from my favourite graphics editor of choice and put them in the game. Yellow and black buses with Jasja (my wolf logo) and Wolves Travel printed on the body, oh that's my heaven. Yellow and black designed top and hoodie etc with Jasja printed on like my designed tops from my Rage On store page, yes please! Yellow and black police cars with Jasja printed on as a department logo and then printed on "Wolf Trooper", oh that's my jam right there.

Making the whole game feel more like my local area in the UK, therefore British emergency vehicles/peds/sirens, British taxies, Europeon trucks, cars, buses (or at least liveries), British signs, advertisements, maybe even script and map edits to make everything drive on the opposite sides of the roads.

Modding is wonderful and we all have different reasons to. I more so create things instead of playing the game because I love doing creative things and I'm making the game better to me at the same time.

If I couldn't do this I would be gone from GTA years upon years ago. Same with a lot of people.

@KingsixIII said in The end of OpenIV:

@CrazyLegz

@CrazyLegz said in The end of OpenIV:

This is stupid, why would they call ''Illegal'' a modding tool for Singleplayer? This is totally legal! They are just too thirsty with the money, those idiots don't know that most of the people buy GTA 5 to mod the game, the console players are an exception.
    But seriously though, modding is what makes the game better, even better than that online bullcrap, this is the main reason why GTA 6 is going to be an epic fail. This shut down will create a war and probably even send R* to the grave.

give me a break. if take2 was your business, you'd do the same thing. take2 is in business to make money. period. your happiness is a byproduct of that. honestly, I'd do the same thing. I also wouldn't care what less than 1/10 of 1 percent of the people who buy my have to say. modders are one timers. they buy the game and never look back. thier target is the people who are content to play the vanilla version online and buy the shark cards.
    face it, the various petitions floating around the web have barely 30k signatures. now GTA V has moved 70 million units since release. on track to be 3rd on the list of best selling game of all time. If it were my property, I'd protect it too. and deep down, you all know you would too.

think about it. 70 million vs. a mob of 30k .. not even a drop in the bucket.

I am a game developer and I can say with 100% certainty that all my games are built and will always be built to support modding. Modding the game adds to the fun after the shine has worn off.

• @KingsixIII Oh lord, you're blind. If it was mine I would play right, I wouldn't shut down a tool that most people buy the game for, I would keep searching until I get the right tool that allows hackers to ruin online, you can't talk about something you know about nothing. I don't care about money.

• You never know, rockstar/ take2 might be making a deal with alexander blade to charge everyone to use his script hook so half of the profit goes to rs/ t2

• I know it won't help (and the chances of a reply are slim) but I Twitter DM'd the OpenIV team asking them if Alexander Blade is discontinuing Scripthook development just like they are discontinuing Open IV development.

• @TRDOffroad97 Thanks . atleast you tried :) we all need to be patient it normally takes 7 to 10 to update that big update in scripthookv

• @FoxtrotDelta said in The end of OpenIV:

@TRDOffroad97 Thanks . atleast you tried :) we all need to be patient it normally takes 7 to 10 to update that big update in scripthookv

Your absolutely right and I completely agree. Just like all of us, Alexander deserves respect. He is a human too and I think he takes his time each update to ensure our community has a stable base for us to run our various scripts.

Depending upon the update, it can take anywhere from a few days to over a week? I've been in this rodeo since. 844 came out so, it's a semi-new process for me.

At least I prepared with a backup of all the files needed to downgrade.

• Please just ask that the modding for GTA V do not die, I hope and I wish you to continue mods

• Gr8 job PPL 36,500+ people signed i hope to reach 50,000 in next 2 days. please keep this up. we need to give it all we have.!
    0_1497739890942_upload-1a62a845-7539-4412-bc05-17f23d9c73b5

&
    Steam reveiwes Great job!! we need to keep doing this , Steam says recent reviews Overwhelmingly Negative Kudos to Gta 5 players and community!!! i love you guys keep going! 31,670 negative reviews in just 3 days! we can go above 80,000!!.
    0_1497740061124_upload-dc668206-d8c4-4a23-bdce-4f078b7b7014

my review.

0_1497745061475_upload-9d530074-53f7-4401-8686-72e557682632

• 0_1497750378002_upload-bbfe06a0-49ec-43ba-9568-5ccde6c7932b

**i wonder who this former fan is , they talk about. @V4D3R**

0_1497750428179_upload-d6a2dd37-446b-43de-81fb-938b255ca2fb

original article link:
    http://kotaku.com/take-two-shuts-down-paid-gta-online-cheating-tool-forc-1796195820

• Banned

@InfamousSabre said in The end of OpenIV:

@KingsixIII said in The end of OpenIV:

@CrazyLegz

@CrazyLegz said in The end of OpenIV:

This is stupid, why would they call ''Illegal'' a modding tool for Singleplayer? This is totally legal! They are just too thirsty with the money, those idiots don't know that most of the people buy GTA 5 to mod the game, the console players are an exception.
    But seriously though, modding is what makes the game better, even better than that online bullcrap, this is the main reason why GTA 6 is going to be an epic fail. This shut down will create a war and probably even send R* to the grave.

give me a break. if take2 was your business, you'd do the same thing. take2 is in business to make money. period. your happiness is a byproduct of that. honestly, I'd do the same thing. I also wouldn't care what less than 1/10 of 1 percent of the people who buy my have to say. modders are one timers. they buy the game and never look back. thier target is the people who are content to play the vanilla version online and buy the shark cards.
    face it, the various petitions floating around the web have barely 30k signatures. now GTA V has moved 70 million units since release. on track to be 3rd on the list of best selling game of all time. If it were my property, I'd protect it too. and deep down, you all know you would too.

think about it. 70 million vs. a mob of 30k .. not even a drop in the bucket.

I am a game developer and I can say with 100% certainty that all my games are built and will always be built to support modding. Modding the game adds to the fun after the shine has worn off.

what games ? are the multi million dollar titles ?

@jkrzd agreed, as long as there is GTA online hackers will attack, they don't need openiv for this

• @Jitnaught i see. thanks.

@Biggdogg sony leaked an SDK for gta 5 files. and ever since hackers on consoles and pc use that sdk for reference.

• Elsewhere
    Menyoo gets forced to shut down too
    I hope simple trainer doesnt gets affected by this

• @date Only the online cheating version of Menyoo was shut down. The SP version on GTA5-Mods.com was not.

• @date anything that can be used in online cheating methods. can be taken down.

• @FoxtrotDelta I really hope this will work

• and as of now I typing this post.. the negative reviews went up to 78k now, increased 3k-ish.

• Don't know if anyone has seen this, but apparently one of the most popular online cheat menus has been taken down by it's creators after talks with Take Two (don't worry @Reyser I won't be linking anyone to their site by mistake!!)

alt text

So from that can we say that TakeTwo are targetting everything to do with modding GTA V online and that included OpenIV - even though you can't actually go online if using OpenIV. If that's the case then I'm sure we will see more mods and menus and hax getting C&D's or removed by creators.

Anyway just thought it was an interesting bit of info lol

• @krissboo Ok that means that the reasoning they have given is somewhat true at least.

However, since OpenIV disables itself when you go online, it shows me that TT and R* did not put a single thought into this before unleashing their lawyers or they might consider single player modding as acceptable collateral damage.

• @askavian I would imagine EDIT Rockstar/TakeTwo (and possibly their lawyers) don't understand how these things work from a tech point of view so they just take down every tool available that can be used to open up GTA V files for modding. It looks like OpenIV falls under that category.

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.