The end of OpenIV

• @meimeiriver said in The end of OpenIV:

Um, Good-NTS is Russian.

That's why I said the other russians.

• @jwbjnwolf Actually 27% of the reviews in the last 30 days are positive, not negative. That means about 12,817 of the 17,557 reviews of this month (at the time of posting) are negative.

• @Jitnaught ok I mixed that up lmao

• @GPlay90 Shouldn't RockStar use more anti-cheats rather than target OpenIV?

• Rockstar should implement a mod menu like that .net script mod that adds the ability to turn on and off scripts within the GTA V menu.

Plus they should have a R* & T2 regulated program like Bethesda's Creation Kits for Fallout 4 and Skyrim/Skyrim SE that is a replacement for open iv

• Targetting OpenIV isn't gonna solve anything, how would it? They would need to shut down Scripthooks. I honestly feel like they're trying to bail Take Two out of their dumb decision.

regarding Rockstar's Official Statement:
    http://www.pcgamer.com/heres-rockstars-statement-about-take-two-shutting-down-gtas-openiv-modding-tool/

• @JZersche IT seems that OpenIV would need to implement a system that alters the game so much that it removes online mode altogether or something...

• @House-Rushton I mean, backbone is one thing, but I don't blame the OpenIV team. What it comes down to is that hosting a video game modding tool, no matter how essential or beloved, isn't worth the time and money that a legal dispute like this would eat up. I can't say whether I'd do any different.

• Take2 is so insane with greed, they had to go and pull this move. Wow.. Funny thing is, I bet there still will be online hacking and still the same ol story on the online mode that is killing the GTA franchise and this is proof.

I still have my OpenIV installed tho, I just get to look at that ugly removal message. Does anyone know if there is a way to roll back my version to a previous one? Im just waiting for the scripthook and I will continue using my modded single player story.

• @TrustNo1 indeed online hackers can use tools other than openiv. for example use .sprx files (plugins) written in C++ and using Sony's leaked SDK

• Just an idea like that, tell me if I'm saying shit :
    We can avoid the OpenIV uninstallation and that's really great for now. So if Take2 will definitely banish mods but Alex could update ScriptHook anyway for this time and let GTA runs again with mods. Maybe we could find a solution to freeze the game and isolate it from Rockstar updates and checking like a pirated game.
    I'm agree that we will be limited to mod the game but at least we could continue to play with current mods we got and not get bored with the original game (even online, I feel bored quickly).

Honestly, like many gamers, I paid few times this game. The last time, just for modding. Also to play a modded game with a decent graphics quality, we need a strong machine and I personally upgrade it to be able to play a really nice modded game. So I would prefer to freeze the game and enjoy it as long as I want even if I couldn't anymore update it or be limited for modding.
    That will be better than nothing, really!

What's your idea on that ?

• @Jonathan6506 i think rockstar will seperate online and single player exe files & then some more.

• Modding will continue the game will be more reverse-engineered than ever. It will just be distributed through torrents the same way other warez are distributed. It won't solve nothing. If anything they should improve their security systems.

• This post is deleted!

• seems like they have no idea to against all those hackers in Online session. That why.. cos OpenIV are the main program to edit files inside GTA V.. and OpenIV as a target, let say 'wrong' target. ALSO it depends on players, how use it in proper way.
    I saw someone reviews on steam, he still saw hackers in online even no updated scripthook....

I assume they want release SP DLC in LC "maybe". I saw in last 7 days on Ned Luke and shawn fonteno (solo118) instagram they are together. That why they tried everything to cancel LC project by OpenIV.
    Dont quote my words, just check their instagram.
    Also they tired with leaked/ unreleased cars on youtube videos, forums.
    $hark card$

Tell me if I said this wrong.

• @FoxtrotDelta said in The end of OpenIV:

@Jonathan6506 i think rockstar will seperate online and single player exe files & then some more.

I wish. Those stupid Online updates mess up mods big time so much so that you ahve to install them all over again which is a pain in the butt.

• ameen to that.

• @IrregularJohn said in The end of OpenIV:

@FoxtrotDelta said in The end of OpenIV:

@Jonathan6506 i think rockstar will seperate online and single player exe files & then some more.

I wish. Those stupid Online updates mess up mods big time so much so that you ahve to install them all over again which is a pain in the butt.

Can only hope the modders come out on top in a different way haha.

• @FoxtrotDelta @FryTHF @Thero @IrregularJohn @GPlay90 @Gta5KoRn @Vermin I think you guys might like what I did here:

BY THE WAY, IT'S ONLY A JOKE!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5qq4ut

• OpenIV responded regarding rockstars statements today.

http://gtaforums.com/topic/889348-take-two-vs-modding/?p=1069656426

@Thero said in The end of OpenIV:

OpenIV responded regarding rockstars statements today.

http://gtaforums.com/topic/889348-take-two-vs-modding/?p=1069656426

'Unfortunately OpenIV enables recent malicious mods that allow harassment of players and interfere with the GTA Online experience for everybody'

I thought it was only Menyoo that prevented going Online. If OpenIV does too, then Take2 is telling bald-faced lie.

Either that, or hackers found a way to hook into the OpenIV file-structure, to use it to their advantage for Online mods. Not saying I find that particularly likely, but -- be ready to have your mind blown -- if OpenIV can hack GTA V, then maybe other hackers found a way to hack OpenIV. Just sayin'.

• @meimeiriver I remember ScriptHook had a flaw where it worked online too. I don't think he ever noticed it, so Take-Two must've accidentally shot down OpenIV thinking it was the cause of the GTAO exploits.

...unless I'm seeing this wrong... who knows, there's probably a set of modders who made a script for GTAO. If that's so, Take-Two shot down the wrong people (or the right. Maybe the OpenIV team did open an exploit. Not much detail was placed into this whole predicament, so...)

• We advertise on all sites to put gta5 negative on steam if you love the mod

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.