The end of OpenIV

• Ugh. Non modders. :rolling_eyes:
    Takes forever to explain the situation to them.
    alt text

• @jwbjnwolf said in The end of OpenIV:

https://i.redd.it/pe4xqwlw114z.jpg

das fake poo interhacktive, dough (sarcasm grammar, but I can totally relate to that)

• An article about the petition that was started here. 29k signed

http://www.pcgamer.com/20000-sign-openiv-petition-as-gta-5-is-hammered-with-negative-steam-reviews/

• @RLaVellW it will go to 100,000 i am hopeful and negative reviews 80,000 i hope

• With over 1600 hours logged it was time to add my signature to the cause and my negative steam review for the game.

• @Servulus thats an awesome contribution

• Oh no... It's real ? Modding is finish ?
    ;(

• @Theoasterix For now, yes.

• @Theoasterix modding has a hiccup, it will be back to normal soon. Sad about openiv though

• I'm guessing nothing is known on ScripthookV still?

How to protest against Take-Two: Mod the shit out of the game
    Not very efficient but yeah :grin:

• Banned

@CrazyLegz

@CrazyLegz said in The end of OpenIV:

This is stupid, why would they call ''Illegal'' a modding tool for Singleplayer? This is totally legal! They are just too thirsty with the money, those idiots don't know that most of the people buy GTA 5 to mod the game, the console players are an exception.
    But seriously though, modding is what makes the game better, even better than that online bullcrap, this is the main reason why GTA 6 is going to be an epic fail. This shut down will create a war and probably even send R* to the grave.

give me a break. if take2 was your business, you'd do the same thing. take2 is in business to make money. period. your happiness is a byproduct of that. honestly, I'd do the same thing. I also wouldn't care what less than 1/10 of 1 percent of the people who buy my have to say. modders are one timers. they buy the game and never look back. thier target is the people who are content to play the vanilla version online and buy the shark cards.
    face it, the various petitions floating around the web have barely 30k signatures. now GTA V has moved 70 million units since release. on track to be 3rd on the list of best selling game of all time. If it were my property, I'd protect it too. and deep down, you all know you would too.

think about it. 70 million vs. a mob of 30k .. not even a drop in the bucket.

• @Unknown-Modder lol

• @GamingKatz44 said in The end of OpenIV:

I'm guessing nothing is known on ScripthookV still?

For now nothing, no Script hook, no trainer, no update at the moment, I was worried too

• @KingsixIII -- Your condescending demeanor must be a hit at parties; I mean, nothing says fun like a cynical know-it-all. You seem to think word of mouth is just some abstract idea that is inapplicable to business, when word of mouth has made AND broken several of them. Now, will Take Two lose business? Probably not. What will happen is that modders won't easily forget how Take Two took the easy way out by halting Open IV, and in turn, if there product doesn't turn heads, then the next one won't sell as well-- and so on and so forth. It'll accumulate over time, and they'll go down as another EA.

And let's be frank here, thank God you don't run a gaming business, because while you imagine yourself a shrewd entrepreneur, you seem the type who'd undervalue your consumer base and employees. You want to applaud Take Two? Have at it, but most of us here will lament how utterly lazy and greedy they ultimately are-- so enjoy being the minority, bub.

Oh, and 30k isn't anything to scoff at. That plus publicity has probably not sat too well with Take Two. Oh, you might imagine they don't care, but until the dust settles, they will keep a cautious eye out. Also, in case you never leave that bubble of yours, people as of late have been complaining about the pay-to-play model of GTA Online, not to mention how they feel it's being overrun with punks-- all this BEFORE Open IV was taken down.

Someone around here has a link to Take Two's inquiry dept.; why don't you run off and grovel to them? They may have a PR job for ya.

• Banned

@BatKnight interesting you couldn't make a comment without resorting to personal insults. very telling. and 30k in comparison to 70 million means your or my opinion mine doesn't really matter.
    also, I'm not applauding anyone, rather, it's just a statement of the facts before you. they have your money, they have my money. end of story.
    and if you seriously think any business out there cares about you or doing the right thing ? you're living in a dreamworld.

• @KingsixIII said in The end of OpenIV:

@CrazyLegz
    modders are one timers. they buy the game and never look back.

Modders have kept GTA 3D era games alive to this day and people still buy them because of the mods.

Same with GTA IV, it would of just gone totally irrelevant 5 or so years ago if there was no modding.

I've always loved the Driver game series, especially Driv3r. If it had a modding community, the Driver games would still be relevant. But no they're not relevant today because they're old games and are just the same old thing without any mods available.

If Take Two and Rockstar used their brains when they did GTA V, they would of made GTA Online a separate exe to GTA V single player because modding on pc is inevitable.

Rockstar and Take Two have every right to protect their game and not allow these things, but dragging us along for 10 years saying they love the creativity of the modding community and then ultimately destroying it whilst still saying they love the creativity of the modding community, it's disgusting.

If you don't love me, damn well tell me, don't drag me along for the ride wasting a chunk of my life that all turns out to be a play along.

And when did everyone buying games only once and not wasting on micro-transactions get classed as not truly an owner of the game so they don't matter? Yes that's Take Two and Rockstar basically saying that, not you exclusively, but still. If they actually released extra content for single player like a map expansion and/or alternate/sequel/prequel story lines like EFLC, you're saying modders are one time buyers so they'd not buy them?

Rockstar and Take Two would make so much money off us modders and single player only folks (remember it's not only modders that exclusively only play single player) if they actually released content for single player.

I'd pay for a big map expansion dlc like Liberty City and/or North Yankton etc. I'd pay for new story line dlc like EFLC even though I'm not much of a storyline person with GTA but I would eventually. Just as I buy map expansion dlcs for Euro Truck Simulator 2, American Truck Simulator.

But then even if I didn't, I still bought the darn original game so to be treated like what I have to say means sod all because I'm just one in 60 million, it's disgusting like as so I just downloaded it illegally. At least SCS listens to their players even one time buyers.

• @jwbjnwolf copy paste this and post a ticket or email to rockstar

Becuz i think its genuine.

• @jwbjnwolf said in The end of OpenIV:

@KingsixIII said in The end of OpenIV:

@CrazyLegz
    modders are one timers. they buy the game and never look back.

Modders have kept GTA 3D era games alive to this day and people still buy them because of the mods.

Same with GTA IV, it would of just gone totally irrelevant 5 or so years ago if there was no modding.

I've always loved the Driver game series, especially Driv3r. If it had a modding community, the Driver games would still be relevant. But no they're not relevant today because they're old games and are just the same old thing without any mods available.

If Take Two and Rockstar used their brains when they did GTA V, they would of made GTA Online a separate exe to GTA V single player because modding on pc is inevitable.

Rockstar and Take Two have every right to protect their game and not allow these things, but dragging us along for 10 years saying they love the creativity of the modding community and then ultimately destroying it whilst still saying they love the creativity of the modding community, it's disgusting.

If you don't love me, damn well tell me, don't drag me along for the ride wasting a chunk of my life that all turns out to be a play along.

And when did everyone buying games only once and not wasting on micro-transactions get classed as not truly an owner of the game so they don't matter? Yes that's Take Two and Rockstar basically saying that, not you exclusively, but still. If they actually released extra content for single player like a map expansion and/or alternate/sequel/prequel story lines like EFLC, you're saying modders are one time buyers so they'd not buy them?

Rockstar and Take Two would make so much money off us modders and single player only folks (remember it's not only modders that exclusively only play single player) if they actually released content for single player.

I'd pay for a big map expansion dlc like Liberty City and/or North Yankton etc. I'd pay for new story line dlc like EFLC even though I'm not much of a storyline person with GTA but I would eventually. Just as I buy map expansion dlcs for Euro Truck Simulator 2, American Truck Simulator.

But then even if I didn't, I still bought the darn original game so to be treated like what I have to say means sod all because I'm just one in 60 million, it's disgusting like as so I just downloaded it illegally. At least SCS listens to their players even one time buyers.

I LOVED DRIVER SO MUCH! Driver 2 and 3 were my most favorite. Same with Parallel Lines.

And I understand every bit of your whole post. So damn true.

• Banned

@jwbjnwolf I fail to see how modders "keep it alive". you'll have to explain that. out of the 70 million copies sold, 30k of those have stepped up to say something. it's kind of like an ant screaming at an elephant and wondering why he doesn't hear them.
    at the end of the day, it's take2's property. they have the right to defend it under the law as it stands. does it suck ? of course. is it unfair ? maybe.

• Guys, there maybe is some hope after all and maybe an alternative can be made for ScriptHookV if that's also hunted and c&d'd by TakeTwoToNoFurtherComments.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/GrandTheftAutoV_PC/comments/6hhhh6/if_script_hook_v_gets_taken_down_as_well_i_have/
    It's open source too and is apparently ScriptHookV's open source code or something similar, you guys could probably modify it or make something like OpenIV to it, I dunno, I'm not that advanced with modding.

• @KingsixIII People do know that, that is why people are signing petitions and trying the best they can to shit on T2 and their dumbass decision. People are leaving negative reviews on Steam, spamming the shit out of their private messages etc. And even if PC players are in the minority, if that keeps going on and news sites and drama is eventually created over it as well as a bigger backlash as well in sales, that would be felt by them.

It may be in their right to do what they did, however at least give a better reason for doing so, and this goes the same with Rockstar's very vague and senseless statement.

• @MrGlavez we are waiting for alexander blade , if he says he is ditching scripthook we will upload alternatives which most of us are working on. It will take a while but we can do it.

But i think and hope alexander blade will update scripthook himself . as its his hardwork we dont. Want to take it away from him

@KingsixIII

70 million copies total. If Zelnick is to be believed, 75% is bought digitally/on Steam. SteamSpy gives us about 7 million buys, which is only 75%, with the 25% left adding up to 9.3-ish million PC copies floating around.

Visiting GTA5-Mods' ScriptHookV download page nets us about 3.6 million downloads, though these probably aren't unique downloads. However as it's hosted on AB's page too, the number should be around there.

That's like 1/3rd of the player base playing with mods.

Or, if you want to get anal, OpenIV floats at 1.6 million downloads. Since OpenIV has an internal updating mechanism we can say the number of downloads is relatively close to the unique downloads. That's about 1/6th of the player base.

Given that both OpenIV and ScriptHookV are available from their original websites instead of the GTA5-Mods.com re-host, I'd say the total numbers of modders would be at least in the millions.

That's a pretty significant chunk in any case.

• @FoxtrotDelta I guess so, however the link is there just in case. Hopefully, Zelnic and his money fuckers don't c&d Blade too and therefore hopefully an update is on its way. If it is, it's most likely gonna come when all this drama dies down which I don't think it will for a while.

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.