OpenIV taken down and the Future of this site Question

• @Vixter Scripthook really is another big target, you can still essentially mod without openIV, it isn't easy or as simple but you can still do it but scripthook is required.

@TsukasaHiiragi

The RagePluginHook team and @MAFINS got things to work already. My crappy fork from OpenVHook didn't work so I assume people can generate / have generated the hash translation tables already. Polishing up OpenVHook so it's 1:1 on API with ScriptHookV would probably make everything work fine-ish.

• Nice :3 Since Take-Two went nuclear by directly applying a Cease and Desist, even if the entire community boycotted them, metabombed and attacked their steam reviews, nothing will change. Take-Two literally started a war here - and the modders really need to come together as a good, and solid community.

• @TsukasaHiiragi Take-Two didn't start anything. They STOPPED online modders, which is probably why they lashed at OpenIV to begin with.

I bet somebody was hacking into the Gunrunning DLC on GTAO and leaked it to everybody, while Take-Two was watching.

Can you really blame them? You'd be pissed too if a drop of every coin was being taken because some fuck-hole online modder leaked your next best thing for your game.

• @krashadam said in OpenIV taken down and the Future of this site Question:

@TsukasaHiiragi Take-Two didn't start anything. They STOPPED online modders, which is probably why they lashed at OpenIV to begin with.

I bet somebody was hacking into the Gunrunning DLC on GTAO and leaked it to everybody, while Take-Two was watching.

Can you really blame them? You'd be pissed too if a drop of every coin was being taken because some fuck-hole online modder leaked your next best thing for your game.

Gunrunning patch<Singleplayer modding

• @kkrive500 Same problem. With trainers, people can just spawn in the DLC that you're supposed to legitimately purchase.

Spawning DLC items>Theft of Creator Content>Corporation/Company reacts in LEGAL means>Cease and Desist>Why>Allowing third parties to disable security features and modify game assets>Recipient: OpenIV Team>OpenIV Team Backs Down>We All Bitch About It>Actual Cause Of The Issue? FUCKING ALL OF US.

For example:

mpgunrunning in SP (Theft Of Creator Content, Spawning DLC Items)
    https://www.gta5-mods.com/scripts/mplowrider2-in-sp

Various trainers (Spawning Items, DLC Included)

https://www.gta5-mods.com/all/tags/trainer/most-downloaded

Tell me whatever, I'm just leaving it at this.

• @krashadam I'm confused isn't everything in multiplayer free? You don't have to pay with actual cash to play the DLC, just fake money you earn in-game. So what's the harm if people want that sh** in singleplayer? I really don't see the problem, they want to target 1-500 people who hack online so 13k+ people who enjoy singleplayer mods are the ones who suffer? F*** Take-Two is stupid

• @kkrive500 Because that "fake-money" is turned into REAL MONEY for every purchase made in the game.

That's the point of MICROTRANSACTIONS. It's like Paypal.

• @kkrive500 To buy something in GTA Online, you need shark cards. To get shark cards, you have to buy them with real money.

For an example, the "red shark" card values $100,000 in game currency. It costs real life $3.
    The "Megalodon Shark" card values $8,000,000, which costs $100 real money.

• @V4D3R You pay real money first, they somehow turn it into millions. You buy DLC with the fake money in game, they turn the GTA dollars you just gave them, into billions.

It's a clever tactic, and it's been used in various MMOs, including All Points Bulletin by 'GamersFirst!'.

Here's a list of other ones:

Club Penguin (Dead since May 21st)

ROBLOX (Since 2007, maybe?)

World Of Warcraft (seen some cards in stores for this game)

PlayStation HOME (Dead, time unknown)

Actually, screw the list, this should say everything. I don't know if they used cards to purchase in stores to get in game money, but I could be wrong.)

https://www.google.ca/#q=list+of+MMO+games

@krashadam
    They'd be better off suing dedicated GTA:O supported mods. Stopping OpenIV development is not going to stop people messing around in GTA:O.

• @ikt That's what I think, too.

• @krashadam Are you dumb? DLC in GTAV is free, always has been, and always will. Single player modding has nothing to do with online. OpenIV is used for single player, you cant access online at all if you have it installed. DLC is already in the game once its updated. Spwaing it in singleplayer mode takes no money away from any company at all. Rockstar in fact has supported the modding community. Take Two INT. has not. EDIT( I took out the mean things 😂) sorry everyone couldn't handle it

• @V4D3R yeah.. and if you dont want spend real money then you need to grind those CEOs etc
    Take so much time.. those cars is overpriced imo :)
    they make cars is so expensive (take pretty long time if you want buy 2-3 cars) and theres griefers too, even more difficult isnt it... then $hark card$

you're right @ikt I saw someone posted a review.. he saw cheaters in online, even scripthook isnt updated.

• @yodabear Dude, you need to rethink your attitude and learn how to respond to people's comments in ways that isn't gonna get you downvoted!!

Please check your facts before spreading BS - Nobody here knows for sure if openIV has been manipulated for online use so unless you can prove it hasn't then please don't comment.

One last thing, seeing as you have no rep here, and only one post, I'm not sure how you can speak for everyone with your comment about @krashadam's dailymotion page?

Thank you :)

• @yodabear Please refrain from being rude.

• Besides his insults I think his comment was valid, we shouldn't be fighting, we should be FIGHTING TYRANNY OF TAKE-TWO

• https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/user_images/FlZrR3ncJtpyfuka1Qh-Rw.jpeg This is the screen you get when you try to connect online with OpenIV. I don't care about my rep or being voted down. This website it very close to being useless at the moment, seeing as how ScripthookV isn't updated. I have had mods installed on gta for about 2 years. As soon as you have OpenIv installed it doesn't let you past that screen to even get close to being online. Sorry for being mean @krashadam

• Can anyone tell me where to get the offline installer for openIV? Decided to play the story again but never tried modding before and wanted to do so only to find out the news about whats happened days prior! Typical!

• Я очень не доволен тем, что rokstar запретил пользоваться OpenIV.У меня нет возможности купить GTA 5 ,по этому играю на пиратке,чтобы увлечься,я с помощью OpenIV устанавливал новые машины,мод на супер героев и тогдалее.Но теперь вы Rokstar,и это запретили,теперь интерес к игре полностью исчез,вы постарались над этим.Не у всех есть возможность купить эту игру,но у этих людей был шанс,сделать эту одиночную игру как в онлайне.Программа, с помощью которого можно было добавлять почти все задания такие же как и в Gta Online исчез,его теперь не возможно установить.Коротко говоря,вы суки,и на этом всё,мне больше нечего сказать таким тварям как вы Rokstar.

• We can still use OpenIV as long as we disable internet connection before using it, otherwise it will automatically update.

• @IAmGtaBoy so far when i use it, it won't act right...

• This post is deleted!

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.