OpenIV shutdown // Official statement of Rockstar Games

• Take Two made a big mistake. I think modding will eventually make its way back into being allowed but I really hope they don't ruin GTA 6 with a whole bunch of microtransactions because I've got a good feeling they're going to do that with read dead redemption 2.

• @BeanMachine Take Two doesnt has the complete force over Rockstar, and Rockstar never did anything like that to unlock Game content do I doubt they will in RDR 2

• Banned

here is the part I'm not getting. openiv still works. if you didn't update to gunrunners, scripthook still works. if you were smart and backed up your game you can roll back to the previous version. and guess what ? it all still works. this is allegedly Rs last update for 5, so that means, if you're smart, and I know most of you are, you're set. wait until somebody uploads the gunrunner dlc and viola, you have a complete , modable game. just like before.
    I'm just not getting the anger. ya it sucks. but keep in mind, you DO NOT own the game. the money you paid was merely a licensing agreement. read the EULA. 100% factual. basically you lease the game from R
    . same if you lease a car. you're not allowed to modify it, because it's not yours. its pretty simple folks.

• You keep using stuff like "If you were smart you would've done this" But I don't think anyone was expecting Take-Two to pull some shit like this.

• I have to wonder if part of this stems from the mods I create as well. I've done at least the last 5 major updates, modded for use in single player. Not a single mod installed in my legitimate copy. Even tho I own the game I still do this for every update and test out vehicles long before I pay for them online. Don't intend to stop either. This game and OpenIV's program allowed me to really learn coding. A shame what's going down right now. But it won't stop me from doing what I like to do. Mod.

• @FoxtrotDelta No, that´s not what i meant. It´s just 100% speculating that i´am 100% sure. It´s my intuition. You don´t need always a proof of something in life to know it´s the truth, maybe i´m wrong. You know what i mean? It´s intuition. Something is going on. To force OpenIV to stop working on it further is a huge step in blocking people to mod the game in the future. I think T2 analyse the modding business from a financial perspective. Maybe offering some tools in the future so people have to pay for it to mod the game. Something like that.

• So, I am new to modding GTA. I just want to know something. I just want to add a trainer/mod menu & add a few cars but is that still possible or should I wait until someone adds a work around?

• @Daznick dont worry we are just waiting for scripthook v to get released and we shall be pretty much back in business ;)

• @Daznick said in OpenIV shutdown // Official statement of Rockstar Games:

So, I am new to modding GTA. I just want to know something. I just want to add a trainer/mod menu & add a few cars but is that still possible or should I wait until someone adds a work around?

That was my concern exactly, thanks for your reply @FoxtrotDelta

• @FoxtrotDelta Thanks for prompt reply. Much appreciated. But does that mean it is not possible at the moment unless you downgrade your game version? Thanks

• @FoxtrotDelta If not we can still use older game version. What would help if someone know what files except EXEs to revert to make step back, so we don't have to upload/download 60gb game to make it happen.

• @tall70 Besides the exe you need the old update.rpf and MAYBE the common.rpf but I don't know if the latter has also been patched.

• @tall70 im discussing this with admins . and later we shall ask rockstar as well may be.

If admins agree we will host those files 1.4 gb max size . which can be put into working legit copy of the game and it will downgrade the game to working older version. Currently csnt host such files like exe vlauncher or update.rpf cuz its against website policy .

May be we can atleast provide a link to those alternate files . but only after admins agree and we have discussed this.

• @FoxtrotDelta That's an excellent plan, I am a little skeptical to believe R* or T2 will do anything for us, but if you don't try you'll never know...thanks 4 doing all this 4 our comunity.

• @tall70 other moderators advise us not to host exe files and previous update.rpf on this website. as it might not be a good idea for the website.

i might make a new website and link people to that website. what name do you suggest? BackupV.com? BackupGTAV.com?

• @kokocrunch we already know that. mulitplayer was shut down. as it had a multiplayer version of it. which sucks and its very good that take down closed it!.

multiplayer mods are the reason Take two destroyed all our singple player mods as well.

So God damn menyoo online cheating scum. Good thing it got removed!.

• @FoxtrotDelta IDK, maybe it would be good idea to exclude gta out of it, unless gta should be there for other reasons, like visibility, tagging...i wouldn't know what is more important. Is rappo still around? Ic many new admins and moderators

• @tall70 naah. rappo left the website. there is new admin "Dark0ne" and 10 moderators who also moderate the main website downloads and uploads.

• @FoxtrotDelta Don't forget MrMason. :stuck_out_tongue:

@FoxtrotDelta said in OpenIV shutdown // Official statement of Rockstar Games:

So God damn menyoo online cheating scum. Good thing it got removed!.

God Willing ofc....

• @FoxtrotDelta A question, do you know anything about ScripthookV? If it is in the process of updating as the gameconfig? The wait is long, I have the game, I can play but without the mods is not the same

• @mich i dont have any insight, i have same info as anyone else here. May be less

• @FoxtrotDelta said in OpenIV shutdown // Official statement of Rockstar Games:

@mich i dont have any insight, i have same info as anyone else here. May be less

Thanks for your answer, damn Take Two ... as I said in other posts, Take two and Rockstar should end the traps in gtav online and let the modders work peacefully, or make online mode completely separate from Offline, ie files totally different from those of offline

In my case that I do not play online, I only play offline have annoyed the fun of the singleplayer

@FoxtrotDelta said in OpenIV shutdown // Official statement of Rockstar Games:

@tall70 im discussing this with admins . and later we shall ask rockstar as well may be.

If admins agree we will host those files 1.4 gb max size . which can be put into working legit copy of the game and it will downgrade the game to working older version. Currently csnt host such files like exe vlauncher or update.rpf cuz its against website policy .

May be we can atleast provide a link to those alternate files . but only after admins agree and we have discussed this.

Don't get shut down too :/

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.