[Vehicle] (W.I.P.) 1965/66 Pontiac Full-size Package Mod 2.0

• @John-Lemon I'm finishing dirt mapping, i need only fix some streching on wings and trunk. But i need to finish rest of the LODs

alt text

alt text

• @Yarm1995 Looks awesome! It's nice to see where it has come from to now. Also, I've been very depressed so this helped brighten my day. Thanks for all you've done, I don't even know that I'd have gotten this far with this if I was to convert this myself

• @Yarm1995 Anymore progress on the Catalina?

• @John-Lemon Not so much. I wasn't in town on holidays

• @Yarm1995 Ah, what were you on holiday for?

• @John-Lemon In Russia New Year&Christmas holidays continue until 9th january:) About progress, i'm assembly LODs, and planning to make another ingame test soon.

• @Yarm1995 Russia Celebrates New Year till the 9th? In America we only celebrate New Year from 11:30 Pm New Years Eve to New Years 12:30 Am

• @John-Lemon Yes, because in Russia Christmas celebrating on 7th january.

• @Yarm1995 Hey did you fix the roof problem of the vectors not being smooth? Working on newer models and utilizing the smoothing tool I figured out how to fix it. I can rework the old models I have and send you a better one if you haven't already fix them

• @John-Lemon Yes, it would be nice to have smoothed models, because i can't make mesh completely smooth on some parts.

• @Yarm1995 Ok I'll get on to fix the bigger pieces of the model and sent them over to you.

I have to admit something. I was still pretty noobish to 3D Max when I made that model. Still kinda am, but I know my ways around better now then I did then. I've been working on a much better model since. I know you've put a lot of time and effort into this so I wouldn't say drop it all together. Also, this model is only partly done. I've only got the body covered so far

0_1516137769671_New Catalina 4f.png
    0_1516137774316_New Catalina 4r.png

I think I'm going to be awhile (The new Catalina) till I have something I deem FAR better. I want to take my time on this one rather than get it out in a month. I've also since learned that quality always triumphs quantity in modeling, something I didn't get then.

Also, I'll see about getting the 66' parts done if you're still interested

• @John-Lemon On that renders model looks much smoother! I think, that i can merge new body with existing mesh.

• @Yarm1995 I think I'm going to be a while working on the new model, If you want to hold out for it, then be my guest. But I won't be done for some time. I really want to take my time with this one

If you, it's up to you if you want to hold out for this model and drop the old one or if you want me to finish the old body and you do that car and then I send you this one I feel I've got something great

It's up to you, I don't want to be a dick and say "Oh, by the way, you know that old crappy model I did a while ago and you put a lot of effort into? drop it! we got something better". Till further notice, I'll be reworking the old model till you decide

• @John-Lemon I think its better to take more time and make better and finished model. Thats the way, how i make my other converts, i can spent months, but release completly finished models. I make another ingame test of Catalina soon, and see how it looks ingame. Then, if i finish current model before you make the new one, we can release it as 1.0, and then make 2.0 with new model.

• @Yarm1995 I'm good with that solution

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.