[Vehicle] (W.I.P.) 1965/66 Pontiac Full-size Package Mod 2.0

• @Yarm1995 Can I have a 3DS Max file of the car as now? I'm working on newer 3D models and I want to compare and contrast what I've done and what I'm doing now
    0_1505251494772_upload-505cd80c-193b-474a-ab5a-d82dba70e0da

• @John-Lemon Its complicated to convert my file into MAX, because all the materials, textures and normals can be screwed. I only can convert into .obj or .3ds. And there is not much changes in model itself, i'm only add mirrors and change tires, generally changes to conert in GTA in parts compounds and materials properties

• @Yarm1995 Okay, I was asking because it looks really good from the picture you sent a while back and I was having trouble with the Hoodoo Project I was during getting it smoothed out completely

• @Yarm1995 What's new on the Catalina?

• @John-Lemon I'm still fixing normals manually, because after exporting some body parts ingame i see, that reflections looks distorted in some places
    alt text

alt text

And how its looks in Zmodeler (before/after)

alt text
    alt text

• @Yarm1995 I see, my question though, why? I know that it's far from a perfect model, but some of the distortions are weird, like the hood or quarter panels. Also, I have to ask, because it made me laugh a little bit, what happened to the bumpers? Also, can I see a front view of the car in-game?

• @John-Lemon Honestly, i dont know, how to work with normals in Max, while creating car from scratch. So i can only advice to make proper vertices cutting and correct unwrapped UV mapping (thats how i fix them manually in Zmodeler). About bumpers and front side of the car, i'm just attached body to default car chassis, main purpose of this test was only to see, how reflections on body looks ingame, and how i should work with normals further.

• @Yarm1995 Gotta Ya, aside from the messed up areas you pointed out, the rest of the body did seem to come out very well, but that's what I saw

• @John-Lemon Yes, quality of your model is pretty good. With proper normals, correct material settings and good textures it will be looks nice

• @Yarm1995 What's new with the Catalina?

• @John-Lemon I wasn't have acces to my PC for a few days. I'm making UV mapping, and smoothing normals, where they can be improved

• @Yarm1995 Kool

• @Yarm1995 What's new with the Catalina?

• @John-Lemon I'm making UV mapping for exterior and interior, seats as example (mesh isnt perfect in some places, so thats best, that i can make)

alt text
    alt text
    alt text

• @Yarm1995 It's that time of the week! What's new?

• @John-Lemon I had a busy week at job, and my Zmodeler license expired. At my next holidays i buy new license and finish with UV mapping for interior, continue with mapping for body.

• Sorry for no updates for a long time, but i don't have inspiration with car mods at all. Now i have little progress with Catalina: almost finished normals and UV mapping for exterior&interior, setup some materials, improve headlights, add some details.

alt text

alt text

• @Yarm1995 I like the Fuzzy dice! You've done a really good job on a model that's okay. I've been away from modeling my self for a while (Smuggler's Run's Nokota's a blast to fly when it's yours!). Looking at this model again, It feels like ages since I considered it done. Anything that you needed to rework?

• @John-Lemon I'm not planning to make significant changes anymore, but i think that i can rework polygonal mesh in some places a bit, to make model less polygonal without losing quality. I upload some screenshots soon, to show what i mean.

• @Yarm1995 sounds good!

• @John-Lemon What i mean by optimizing polygonal mesh: on example of rear seat flat surface, there is no need to make such hignpoly mesh
    alt text
    alt text

• @Yarm1995 Gotta ya. Working newer and better model, ya this is completely pointless. It just makes working with the model harder and I wanted to smooth out the mesh, but I had no idea how the smoothing tool worked. For what I was doing I should have been using the smoothing tool instead of the smooth mesh button. Of course, I realize this later on when I messed around the smoothing and realized what it was for, something I didn't know at the time. To get a high quality, smooth, not low poly looking, mesh I used a faulty and rather awful tool when I should have been using the tool built specifically for doing what I wanted, smoothing. Anything else I should take note of?

• @John-Lemon I have no experience in 3d max modelling, so i can't give good advices. Try to research polygonal mesh of some models, even default GTA cars, maybe it helps you to make smoother and less polygonal meshes.

• @Yarm1995 Good idea, I probably should study other people's models

• @Yarm1995 Anything new with the Catalina?

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.