[WEAPON] Pepper Spray

• Hi. For some time now I have been hoping for somebody to release a pepper spray weapon in GTA 5, but I haven't had any luck. Today I'm turning to any modder to make a complete new weapon, called pepper spray.

Now this would be similar to BZ or Tear gas, except you spray it.

When the weapon sprays the fog, the entity you spray at will play the same coughing and spluttering sound that plays when you gas them. The person would spin round a bit, loose control, then lay out on the floor.(Not dead, they get up again just like if you tase an entity)

Would absolutely love to see this feature.

• Good idea
    would be even better if peds would use it as self-defense weapon

• Yup. I'm gonna bump this so that this feature gets added.

• @MalachiWalsh said in [WEAPON] Pepper Spray:

Hi. For some time now I have been hoping for somebody to release a pepper spray weapon in GTA 5, but I haven't had any luck. Today I'm turning to any modder to make a complete new weapon, called pepper spray.

Now this would be similar to BZ or Tear gas, except you spray it.

When the weapon sprays the fog, the entity you spray at will play the same coughing and spluttering sound that plays when you gas them. The person would spin round a bit, loose control, then lay out on the floor.(Not dead, they get up again just like if you tase an entity)

...better they just cough real hard. That bolded bit, like.. it's kinda exaggerated (this is GTA 5, Rockstar's attempt at recreating reality, hence LS looking like Los Angeles, and all of the trends mentioned within the game are parodies of today's trends. This is not a spy movie. Just because it's spray, does not mean it well send them all "ooh im dizzy" and instantly pass out.

Saints Row 2's pepper spray feature has them cough real hard. Hell, citizens will carry the pepper spray themselves, and use it on you. Even the police! When an NPC does use the pepper spray, your character will stop and cough his brains out.

While you're still coughing, the NPC has an opportunity to kick your ass. The cops will do it too, but if your health is low enough, they'll arrest you.

In this video, this concept is much similar, except without the coughing (he probably wasn't sprayed enough, or he can tolerate pepper spray.)

But anyways, watch when he gets sprayed. He didn't fall to the floor, BUT, HE WAS BLINDED, AND THAT WEAKENED HIM (His eyes were closed, if he opened them, he'd probably be hurting because of the spray.). The cops saw this and had an opportunity to arrest him, to which they did.

A much more realistic concept if you ask me. There's no beef, it's just most things today already get way overdone nowadays. coughcoughfnafcoughcough

• @krashadam Trust me, I understand what pepper spray is, but a lot of modders can't be bothered to put that much effort in to coding a weapon that sprays, enough to simulate the coughing & other effects pepper spray gives you in GTA.

• @MalachiWalsh There's various sounds and animations in the game that are closest to coughing. The whole point of a good mod is you put a shit-load of time into it.

I've seen script mods here that are like, complete copies of each other. All with obviously 0 time put into it.

Anybody can code a trainer (although Menyoo is one susbstantial exception, and I'll soon get onto why), anybody can code a ragdoll command, and anybody can code playing animations, as well as sounds.

Now, Menyoo. Why is Menyoo such a beloved trainer? I can't think of why. But I've used it before and it has a shit-ton of features to explore.

https://www.gta5-mods.com/scripts/menyoo-pc-sp

I can tell you, this trainer is as good and popular as it is because? Hard work was put into it. It's what makes a good mod in the end.

• I'm sure it's a good trainer, but what can a trainer do to make pepper spray?

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.