GTAV on Steam, 64bit vs 32bit

• Please forgive me, I'm really new to having a PC. Actually I've had one for many years until going Mac some 22+ years ago...so my knowledge is very dated...Windows 95 was still new when I stopped using the PC for the mac.

I have GTAV from Steam, its in my 32 bit folder, like a lot of my stuff, and I recently heard someone say that they have a 64 bit version... Am I using the wrong version if I have a newer machine (which I do). How do I get Steam to give me the 64 bit version vs the 32 bit version? I'm assuming I'd notice a huge difference...

Anyway, I don't know and thought I'd ask...

• @vendetta1969 What version of Windows have you got and is it 32 or 64 bit?

• @vendetta1969 There are two types of Windows OS: 32 bit and 64 bit.

GTA 5 only runs on 64 bit, so if GTA works for you, then its all good and you don't have to do anything.

@vendetta1969 Steam is a 32 bit application, which is why it is located in Program Files (x86) directory. Steam games are installed within the Steam\steamapps\common directory, whether or not they're 64 or 32 bit.

• @Jitnaught You know I'd forgotten that Steam is 32bit :) Must have had my non-geek head on when I wrote my comment!

• I'm on Windows 10, its 64 bit version. Okay so Steam is 32bit and my game is 64bit, cool. Kinda weird that Steam still hasn't gone 64bit...

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.