Where is the dlc_mpGunRunningCRC?

• Hi everyone~

I'm checking the content.xml of latest DLC, and found a thing I can not understand.
    Need help~~

In the content.xml, there are 2 dlc names, one is "dlc_mpGunRunning", and another one is "dlc_mpGunRunningCRC".
    I understand the name of "dlc_mpGunRunning", cause the name of new dlc's folder is "mpgunrunning".

But what about "dlc_mpGunRunningCRC"? I didn't found it in the folder.

In the content.xml, there are many files in this "dlc_mpGunRunningCRC", but also, some files are in the "dlc_mpGunRunning".

Thanks~

• A cyclic redundancy check (CRC) is an error-detecting code commonly used in digital networks and storage devices to detect accidental changes to raw data. Blocks of data entering these systems get a short check value attached, based on the remainder of a polynomial division of their contents.

• @xXGARRAPPAXx said in Where is the dlc_mpGunRunningCRC?:

A cyclic redundancy check (CRC) is an error-detecting code commonly used in digital networks and storage devices to detect accidental changes to raw data. Blocks of data entering these systems get a short check value attached, based on the remainder of a polynomial division of their contents.

CRC's were like that, in the early 80-ties (and still are, to date, for downloads and such). These CRC's are hashes over the per-item entire content (not block-based), though. Same idea, of course. :)

• I'm old lol @meimeiriver

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.