[VEHICLE][WIP]USS Nathan James DDG-151 (US Navy Destroyer)

• @Oskar does any of the new DLC have homing missiles for land vehicles? I didn't check. Will that affect the missiles for the James if there aren't any?

• @nathanjamesddg151 That's what I'm asking. The speculations said so at least. And well if it has homing missiles for land vehicles we could add Anti Air missiles on the James without a script.

• @Oskar but if not, then it has to be done with a script.

• @Oskar works. But the vehicles Has a limit of 8 Rockets. Interesting: once you fire a missile it will actually disappear on the car model (realistic jets anyone?)

• @SkylineGTRFreak but does it work on all vehicle classes ? and how do you get more missiles once u emptied your armoury in GTA OL :D ?
    And plz check the PM :disappointed:

• @SkylineGTRFreak Sounds good! I guess a script could add the possibility to shoot unlimited missiles. Maybe by fixing a specific vehicle component or just by a simple weapons.meta edit.

• @SkylineGTRFreak limit on the rocket is no Biggy. and yes, as the RPG rocket disappears from the launcher, same happens with the vehicle. which is just what we needed. for our Mods. This is Fantastic

• @Oskar said in [VEHICLE][WIP]USS Nathan James DDG-151 (US Navy Destroyer):

@SkylineGTRFreak Sounds good! I guess a script could add the possibility to shoot unlimited missiles. Maybe by fixing a specific vehicle component or just by a simple weapons.meta edit.

no script needed. i can can modify the weapon settings to fire as many missiles as we want. and with specific time delay. too.

• Yeah, like I said that could probably do the job, too. Time for me to continue on the Wiesel 2 Ozelot (Anti Air Version) so that I can make use of this new feature.

• @Oskar You mentioned that we can't use the doors on the addon vehicles because they are buggy, but what if they were on the VLS cells? Could you script those to open when a missile is fired?

• @SkylineGTRFreak which car?

• @nathanjamesddg151 I said that doors on a second vehicle I attach to a main vehicle are buggy, not addon one's :P

• @Oskar so...we should be able to use those for the VLS cell doors without issue then?

• @nathanjamesddg151 Only on the main vehicle and we only have a limited amount of doors like I've already mentioned. I could add them on the second vehicle too but then I can basically only set them open and close without an animation. Most animations like door or weapon rotation don't seem to work with attached vehicles.

• @Oskar so... we can't use the doors from the additional vehicles then. Well, not without them being buggy. It also occurs to me that we could obscure the doors with smoke and fire from the missile launch so no one would notice if the doors didn't open during the launch phase.

• @Oskar If we didn't use doors, then we can have more places on the VLS grid where the missiles launch from, right?

• @Oskar @SkylineGTRFreak so many new dummies to play with :) i wonder if ruiner 3 or other vehicles have even more weapon dummy possiblities! R-star didn't need weapon_2g H , f etc they gave these dummies to us modders. im pretty convinced! edit: no more new dummies that's about it.

alt text

• Did you guys already get the navy destroyer model in the game?

• @AKmaster not the new model. No. that'll take a few days.

• Working on some interior bridge details... (Thanks to @DevinDJR for helping me decode it).
    alt text
    alt text

• So, I unlocked the Technical Aqua special vehicle mission and well,w hat I can say...? It feels like a native boat in water, which is amazing! I feared that it may have some sort of... idk, other feeling than a boat, but it feels like driving a Dinghy... whipwhip!

• @SkylineGTRFreak i had similar doubts. but then i made a single player dlc of the vehicles and tested it. you are right its a boat in water.

• @AKmaster will be released once scripthook is updated ;)

I also already updated the LAV-25 with working screws and rudders for amphibious journeys :D

• Guys, I brainstormed a little and came to the conclusion that I'd like to perhaps release a beta of the current model with working weapons (granted it works). You know... because of christmas and stuff.

Thoughts?

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.