[VEHICLE][WIP]USS Nathan James DDG-151 (US Navy Destroyer)

• @SkylineGTRFreak if you need another guy in texturing, i can help.

• @FoxtrotDelta @SkylineGTRFreak @nathanjamesddg151
    So if I understand it the right way the sounds of the vehicles in the amphibious vehicle class are switchable and the other vehicle sounds are not?
    Has anyone tried to switch the vehicle sounds for example the sound of a dinghy as the engine sound of a oracle? (Boat sound in a car)(car sound in a boat)
    I don't know if you guys ment to say that the sounds of a vehicle class are exlusively for the vehicles in that class (boat sounds only for boat, plane sounds only for plane etc.)

I forgot if the DDG-151 was ment to be a boat, car, plane or amphibious but what if we change the sounds of one specific vehicle for example if the Nathan James is going to be an add-on vehicle in the car class. Change the sounds of one vehicle with the sounds of the nathan james. Then chagne the audiohash of the nathan james to the audiohash form that specific vehicle. Then we will have one car in the game with the wrong sounds but the ship has the right sounds. Maybe this is an idea, I don't know if this has been tried before because I couldn't follow this thread completely last two weeks but maybe this is a good thing to try out
    Sorry if this has been tried before but if it hasn't been, lets try it out

EDIT 1: Otherwise to make it easier to try out, lets try to make the sounds of for example the dinghy to have the sounds of a car or plane. This way we know if vehicles can have the sounds from the other classes. And are the audio files which are going to be used specially made for this mod or are they from an other vehicle? Maybe with openiv we can use the "replace" option to just replace the sound files in the mod with the sounds of a vehicle like let me say the tug

EDIT 2: is this the only remaining problem at this moment? If it is, do you guys need any help with putting together some readme files or any other things? I am happy to help with anything, I have the holidays now so I am able to help

• @patrickprof From what I gather, the main problem is that the entire amphibious vehicle class (save for the R* created ones) lack audio. I'm not sure about replace versions though.

• @nathanjamesddg151 replace versions have sounds no problem.

• @FoxtrotDelta @nathanjamesddg151 @SkylineGTRFreak anyone could send me a decrypted dlc file of the new dlc?I wanna have a look of the files :P

• @FoxtrotDelta If we were going to replace a vehicle, it should be one that doesn't spawn in offline, like a DLC vehicle. It should also be one nobody uses a lot.

@nathanjamesddg151 You can prevent them from spawn editing vehiclemodelsets.meta file located in update/update.rpf/common/data/aipath, so you could use whatever vehicle you want.

• @Reyser That occurred to me, but it should still be one that isn't very popular or used much.

@nathanjamesddg151 Maybe the Kalahari. Is an Off-Road vehicle and I never saw it used by the game or too much people. Another option is the Wastelander, but as it's a recent DLC vehicle, maybe is not the best option.

• @nathanjamesddg151 no IT only works if replacing the designated amphibious vehicle.

@Elope: I believe you already have the latest version. There hasn't been much progress for a while now

Edit: just saw you said DLC. I'M currently not AT home, but I can upload them later if noone else does

• @SkylineGTRFreak Yeah I mean the import/export DLC XD,I dont have the game on my end anymore
    thanks a lot :D

• @SkylineGTRFreak So we could replace, say, the amphibious technical, but we cannot change the sound to the tug? We'd be stuck with the technical2 sounds?

• @Elope The archive is too big for me to upload with my shitty connection atm :/

@nathanjamesddg151 yea, either that or none at all. Boooo Rockstar!

Also I cheated in the video, I just cut off the back half, slapped those parts on top of a Rhino and froze the vehicle in the water. That's how the weapons worked.

• @SkylineGTRFreak Geez... And we can't use a script. Who knew that the audio would be the Nathan James' downfall? And we all thought it would be the weapons.

• But what if we dig in the audiofiles and internally replace them??
    I have been looking where the audiofiles from the tug were with openiv, till now I haven't found them but if we export those sounds
    we then look up the audiofiles from the technical aqua (startup sounds, engine sounds etc)
    And if we replace alt text all the audiofiles from the liberator with the sound files from the tug.....
    This way we won't create our own sounds files, we just edit the sounds for the technicalliberator aqua, so that vehicle won't have the right sounds BUT the nathan james has the right sound

• great video @SkylineGTRFreak

• @davi2224 a very Good year, for mods indeed! Nice compilation BTW.

• @patrickprof that is a valid option.

• @nathanjamesddg151 @patrickprof If I ever finish reversing the audio metadata formats, it should allow us to add our own audio. I have already made some progress: alt text

but as you can see most of the actual data remains unknown. I imagine some of the data probably represents names/ hashes of .wav files within .awc containers, but its still confusing.. It seems as though each type of sound has a different data structure :/ If anyone is knowledgeable in this area and wants to help it would be great! (-:

• @CamxxCore

wow i hope you succeed. this would be HUGE!!!! sadly i have no knowledge.

• @CamxxCore But would making our own audio solve the audio problem?

• @nathanjamesddg151 Not sure about that :/

• @CamxxCore I'll keep my fingers crossed.

• @nathanjamesddg151 @CamxxCore
    Then maybe try my option I said, That could be a simple solution for quick fix

• Hello friends !! me new version =D
    alt text

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.