[VEHICLE][WIP]USS Nathan James DDG-151 (US Navy Destroyer)

• @xedro99 No... right now @SkylineGTRFreak is mainly implementing lights, and a new gun, while tweaking the handling, depth, etc. @Elope is creating screenshots for us, mainly of progress right now, and @Oskar will be working on the weapons script, so we're making progress. Oh, and I'm making textures and criticizing and/or nagging people while doing nothing except for spending money (which allows me to nag people) and creating a texture here or there (Though in my defense, I've already created all the textures that I can create, they just need to be implemented). So my best guess is by the end of the year maybe? I thought we'd be done with this by March, honestly, but setback after setback, plus our schedules keeps on pushing the completion date.

• @nathanjamesddg151 Btw did you work on the texture for the second stage of the missile yet ?

• @Oskar No. But I will soon. Did you get the info regarding the flags? And I assume you downloaded the missile? And my internet is hella slow right now : (

• @Oskar not sure if the textures will line up.

• New lights and high poly gun added. Though not sure if I will keep the gun in this state, as it is very performance consuming.

alt text
    alt text
    alt text

• Not a problem with the gun or lights, per say. After a bunch of testing, I figured out that it is a problem with only the lights on the turret. No other lighting is causing an fps drop, and it only happens at night, when the lights come on. Fps fine during the day. Could possibly be because the game is trying to render so much? I dunno. Just a heads up.
    UPDATE: It seems to be that the only lights having problems are the ones attached to the 5-inch. And if you get like 50 ft. away, the FPS won't drop. Only when you get close to the mount. ( @SkylineGTRFreak don't forget about the red light on the top of the mast. )

• Can you enumerate again what are the armaments of this arleigh burke-class destroyer?

• @AKmaster Missiles, the Mk 45 Mod 4 127mm cannon, two 25mm chain guns, possibly the M2HB .50 Cal Machine Guns, maybe torpedoes, and it occurred to me that maybe @Oskar could implement chaff, like in his IR decoys mod. ( @Oskar : hint)

• @nathanjamesddg151 What is the name of the missiles? And also is this included?https://i.imgsafe.org/f219cc2d60.jpg

• @nathanjamesddg151 @SkylineGTRFreak @Oskar Damn I love the lights
    alt text
    alt text

• @Oskar @SkylineGTRFreak By the way,skyline,I remember you also have B-17,B-25 and other flying fortresses in your plan right?I've tried the B-17 before,ending with a fail.It's that both the turrent on the valkyrie (for the turrents on the side) and the turrent on the insurgent (for the turrents on the top and the belly )dont work on planes,just like how weapons dont work on ships.I'm thinking maybe use this very same script to create a fake helicopter turrent and attatch it to the plane.How's that?
    Well this is something off-topic,just wrote here as a reminder : D

• @Elope I guess that could work.

• @Elope @Oskar if that works. and i think it will, Skyline's AC-130 can have better turrent As well!

• @Oskar @FoxtrotDelta Yeah!also the AC130!it's a pain in the ass that we have to keep the camera looking to left or right to shoot lol,especially when playing with controllers.
    Better focus on either flying or shooting lol

• @Elope yea, mouse is better for Aiming of Weapons always.

• @AKmaster I believe that we chose the RIM-161 due to its resemblence to the SM-6, a general purpose missile. And yes, I do believe that the CIWS is included.

• @Elope there are now lights on the gun, though they create a severe fps drop.

• @nathanjamesddg151 May be its the Light intensity. Skyline can tweak the intensity values in Zmodler 3. i hope it shall not be a big Issue.

• @Elope there is already a forum page for a B-17/B-25.

• @FoxtrotDelta you think that would cause your FPS to drop by 30 or so?

• @nathanjamesddg151 you said yourself , it happens At night. light polys are too small to cause lag. only thing is their texture or intensity of light being emited.(rendered) it can cause fps drop on Low memory graphics card. do you have atleast 4gb video ram?

• @nathanjamesddg151 i would not worry about the Fps drop , i think Skyline is on top of things. he is doing an amazing job. i have not tested those lights .yet. is the mov parts you gave me the latest one? should i test it using that one?

• @SkylineGTRFreak Some more advises about lights :
    As you can see in the picture's right bottom,it's empty in the light cone ,same for the greenish ones in the helipad,while I 'd like to make it more like the one on the predator,and also the lights in left bottom,you can only see a beam of light but the light itself is totally dark at night,so I think maybe create a surface and set the material same to the Titanic's windows so it will glow in the night,(effect is in the left upper part),the glowing colour will change according to it's texture's colour
    And there's totally four spotlights on the bridge,maybe set these to the lights like the predator?so they can be actived and turn off manually
    alt text
    alt text

• @FoxtrotDelta I'll send you the latest files.

• @nathanjamesddg151 i shall test right away.

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.