[VEHICLE][WIP]USS Nathan James DDG-151 (US Navy Destroyer)

• @Elope yea just noticed.

• @FoxtrotDelta @Elope reported. done.

• @SkylineGTRFreak Check out this pics of the Mk 38 Chain Guns ejecting their casings: alt text
    alt text
    Apparently the shell casings are ejected out the upper barrel thingy. I didn't know that. Anyway to make the shell casings eject from up there?

• @nathanjamesddg151
    there are news ?

• @davi2224 uh... not really. From what @SkylineGTRFreak has told me, the project is on hold right now.

• @FoxtrotDelta more no the lights :/

• @SkylineGTRFreak @nathanjamesddg151 come on...release it already....this beauty needs to be opened for download...the bugs can be fixed later as well...

• @mzaliac14 without working weapons? Ehh... @Oskar is working on that.

• @CANAL-EMBRAER-GTA what do you mean , my friend?

• @nathanjamesddg151 no, no clue how that would work. I mean:

1. The weapon datas are set and the the cannon does not eject anything

2. There would be the need for proper shell casing models.

I have been working on the col a little. Nothing you can see, but sometjing that needs to be done

• @SkylineGTRFreak oh... so the chain guns don't have shells? I thought it did like the mini gun or every other gun in the game. Then again, neither does the Rhino, so whatever.

• @SkylineGTRFreak good to know progress is being made. You mentioned a while ago that you accidentally deleted some things on the James, did you ever fix that? @FoxtrotDelta How's the HMMWV model optimization coming along? No rush. The model is not going anywhere.

• @nathanjamesddg151 haven't touched it yet.

• @FoxtrotDelta kool beanz.

• @SkylineGTRFreak changing the subject, you know the model From the ( Battlefield Bad Company 2 ) there is a new update (Ninja ripper) now gives to convert models ... there is a tutorial that can even help you.

alt text

Here's detailed description of all the importer functions:

Scene

• Bones - choose to or not calculate bones along with the Skin modifier and weights on imported meshes :
    Don't create - bones and weights will be skipped on import;
    Create at zero - bones will be created at mesh pivot center also Skin modifier will be created on the mesh;
    Create at calculated position - bones will be created at calculated positions and Skin modifier will be created on the mesh;
    Reuse scene bones - existing in the scene bones will be reused with the new imported bones;
    Split the mesh by skinning when possible - as it says the mesh could be splitted by the mesh skinning properties;

• Flip Faces - check to flip polygons of the imported meshes;
    • Scale - setup imported meshes scale;
    • Position - setup XYZ position of the imported meshes;
    • Rotation - setup XYZ rotation of the imported meshes;
    • Miror - reflect imported meshes by XYZ;

UV coordinate

• Flip U - flips UV coordinates by U;
    • Flip V - flips UV coordinates by V;
    • Offset U/V - setup U or V offset ;
    • Scale U/V - setup U or V scale;

Texture Indices. Look at the texture's ID which is related to the imported mesh. For example Tex_0001_0.dds defined by the number before ".dds" is usually used as diffuse texture.

• Diffuse - define which texture will be used for diffuse slot map by ID;
    • Bump - define which texture will be used for bump slot map by ID;
    • Specular - define which texture will be used for specular slot map by ID;

Import This section is for settings of the mesh import.

• Mode - choose to import single or group of files;
    • Engine - use specific engine for meshes to import. For most of the time Other engine is just fine. However you can use the following engines: Frostbite 2, Frostbite 3, Frostbite 3.5, YETI engine;
    • Path - path to the folders with rip files and textures. Press folder icon to change;
    • File IDs - enter the mesh number to import. Could be the following input format: "0-15, 589, 67" or just "1" (without quotes);
    • Import - button to start Import;

I think it can indeed work
    more I will convert the Sh-60 and Apache.

• @CANAL-EMBRAER-GTA WIll this work with people models? If so, this could be quite useful... (And perhaps not so off topic).

• @CANAL-EMBRAER-GTA cool. i heard people are using it to Get High quality Tanks from "Armored Warfare" Game.

• @nathanjamesddg151 @FoxtrotDelta @SkylineGTRFreak : Yes it is quite useful, because it also has weapons etc in the game but not yet encotrei models. Only encotrei the Sh-60, Apache, etc ... Humvee some weapons first person.

more @FoxtrotDelta gives to directly convert so WEB : exemple : :P https://p3d.in/BmXSR

• @nathanjamesddg151 well weapons can be updated later...atleast people can drive it around

• @mzaliac14 that's up to @SkylineGTRFreak, not me. I personally don't believe that it is ready for release yet. Closer, but not ready yet.

• @mzaliac14 @nathanjamesddg151 nah, I wouldn't say so either. First off, you can still walk through a lot of objects, since the collision mesh is not finished and features (mostly) just the main structures. Secondly, the interior hallway(s) are far from finished. And last but not least, it's still unstable overall.

• @SkylineGTRFreak YOU NEED TO CHECK THE POST IN THIS FORUM:

From gtaforums.com:
    Hello!

Great work I am seeing here. Let me introduce myself.

My name is Devin Rodrigues the creator of the model you are using for this MOD. I am very delighted to see her used in a way that captures he real beauty. Many hour have went into creating her into what she is today. The model your friend purchased on Turbo Squid seems to be an old version however. I have since updated the files and made her quite a bit more detailed on Autodesk 3DSMax.

Seems as though her textures could use some updating. If you would like I can re texture her into the correct Nathan James features from the show. Also looks like you are missing my newly added 25mm cannons. That has not been added to turbosquid yet but if you would like me to join the team I can sure let you have the updates free of charge.

Looks like you are also using the model that I used for Flight Simulator series which is why the textures on the ships SCC (Ships Control Console) on the bridge appear to have panels from FSX.

Let me know. Would love to be apart of the team and help further the quality of the model. I don't play GTA to much but i saw this thread when i was looking at photos of my model that a friend had sent me and i registered because of major interest.

Other information about myself, I am currently in the United States Navy, I am a Quartermaster which means i work on the ships bridge and deal with ships navigation. I have a extensive knowledge behind the Arleigh-Burke Class Destroyers and more specifically the Flight IIA DDGs which is what i portrayed in this model.

Sincerely,

Devin Rodrigues

• @SkylineGTRFreak I believe that this is his Turbosquid page: http://www.turbosquid.com/Search/Artists/file404 And if memory serves correctly, you were thinking of buying some of his models (the F-14's). Seeing as you are a rockstar in the GTA modding community, it might be worth asking if you can get a bulk discount (like on those F-14's you wanted) if you agree to promote his Turbosquid page. Who knows. You might even get one [or more] for free.
    EDIT: Also, check out his flight sim page: http://deltasimstudio.com/ Note the USS Freedom (both the bridge and hanger bay). I'm thinking that both of those have parts we could use to improve the Nathan James.

• @nathanjamesddg151 @SkylineGTRFreak i think, you should get this guy on your Team, as he can be an asset. even for future.

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.