[VEHICLE][WIP]USS Nathan James DDG-151 (US Navy Destroyer)

• i want to come back on gta 5 after foxtrotdelta's f18f, i ll Use on a new map (i ll try codewalker) 2 DDG beside aircraft carrier and create new texture about the launcher (just need to find a good props), add 2 new launcher on flight deck (just addon props) + white smoke (easy with smoke cigaret improve xD)

I change texture of flight deck with new padeye + reduction size of chemsol (more realist) So huge in previously version

Padeye here :

alt text

and 2 DDG 151 + 113 with peds on it (new texture too)

For DDG

i need to find different picture about hatch on the ground
    I'll change rails (my previously texture was creepy)
    example here :

alt text

Need to add weather effect (rust)
    alt text

Change colour (darker)

alt text
    alt text

• @Voltrock already sort of made a flight deck texture; could use a little work; perhaps a little rust. This is assuming that @SkylineGTRFreak models the RAST system. alt text

• @nathanjamesddg151 said in [VEHICLE][WIP]USS Nathan James DDG-151 (US Navy Destroyer):

already sort of made a flight deck texture; could use a little work; perhaps a little rust. This is assuming that @SkylineGTRFreak models the RAST system.

I use it in font, i ll post new texture of DDG in the paintjob "aircraft carrier texture final", Normally it ll be ok in february.

My target :

• Finish all mods about aircraft carrier with task forces incluing DDG in a map mod (need to have the file to work) with full activities but not in DDG (Bug boat if they move, i used attach "40 peds with animation + 1 prop "flag", maybe i ll add new flag)
    • To do a video movie (clip music) about all of them
    • To Send everything in same time

About flag i try to do this (need to do addon props lol, but i don't know how xD) :

alt text

alt text
    Just need to know actually if i do "task force" from CVN 77 only or i do "task force" CVN-77 (USS George H. W. Bush) + CVN-75 (USS Harry S. Truman) (after u could choose between ur prefer)

• Let’s hope the naval dlc rumours are true cuz that could save this

• @SkylineGTRFreak I don't really play GTA anymore... or any video games as a matter of fact, but I did come across an interesting model that was "recently" (August of this year) posted to turbosquid. It is listed as an Arleigh Burke bridge, but it is really more of a generic warship bridge. Thought that it was interesting.
    https://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/arleigh-destroyer-3d-model-1321692
    alt text
    alt text

• Hey i just start moding can help me i don't no what to click on and i don't won't to mess it up

• @SkylineGTRFreak @Elope @FoxtrotDelta @Oskar so... I hate to revive a near half-decade old mod WIP forum page, but it looks like from the most recent GTA update they added weapons to boats... finally.

• @nathanjamesddg151 Haha came here to see if anyone revived this thread.
    Yeah, cool stuff. Gives so much more new possibilities. We also have proper submarine handling (well we had that before but not for subs of this size) now.

• @Oskar It's been a while, hasn't it. I also came back to this thread for the same reason. It'll be cool to see if this works. Plus, I think there are now native guided missiles as well. It's also nice to see a map expansion.

• @nathanjamesddg151 Are you talking about the missiles guided by the player? I doubt that they count as native weapons in the game, probably more like a script they added for GTA Online. A look into the game files would probably give some more information. Nevertheless very cool stuff, could maybe revive this mod?

• @Oskar Maybe. I don't actually know. I just remember reading something about the submarine having guided missiles added. I didn't read too much into it. But yeah, it probably was just added for online mode. And I'd love to see this mod finished "properly". It would be sick. I think @SkylineGTRFreak is still modding GTA.

• @nathanjamesddg151 Would be awesome. A fully equipped DDG with tomahawks, 5 inch, CIWS, torpedos, etc. I'd be up to contribute scripts if needed.

• @Oskar I think there is a torpedo function from the Stromberg car they released a while back, although that was for underwater vehicles. It shouldn't be too big a deal to create a torpedo function, although it probably wouldn't be animated. And I was looking at it, and there were guided missiles in the new update, but it was for the submarine, which I think is a map item and not a vehicle. However, I also remember quite a few vehicles have missiles as a weapon option (like the rocket bike) so I think it might be possible to add that. This is assuming of course that weapons now work natively on boats. Also, I'm not sure if the boat weapons can be controlled by the player or require an additional person. It's also unclear if machine guns are the only boat weapon right now. They might be upgradable like other weaponized vehicles, but since the vehicle is a boat, that might not be an option.

• @Oskar The other thing that occurred to me is that there are also additional warship interior items that can be used to enhance the model. I'll have to take a look. It's also worth noting that there may have been more functions added to openIV and the modding program used to create the mod since we were last working on this; like maybe the ability to add animations and whatnot. We'll have to wait for @SkylineGTRFreak to respond and hear his thoughts on this.

• @nathanjamesddg151 I did play some hours of the update already. The submarine is driveable (which really suprised me). Only the interior of it is a map object. It's equipped with torpedos and a guided missile system (but like I said, it's probably just a scripted sequence). I guess native weapons on boats is generally a big step forward. Of course limitations need to be tested out like the max amount of weapons per boat, which types of weapons are allowed and how they are controlled.

• @Oskar Ohhh... so it's more like the Avenger/osprey aircraft then. That's still pretty cool. I wonder if we could do that for the James... have the boat drivable, but the interior a map. I think we were working on that a while back, but I don't remember what happened to that concept.

• @nathanjamesddg151 Even if we can't use the native GTA system for that, we could just add a scripted checkpoint which teleports us to the interior. In terms of modding naval stuff, the update is very interesting.

• @Oskar It is indeed. I'm probably going to research to see what has changed since we were last working on this in terms of what we can now do. My Christmas break is coming up and it'll be a nice little project. Was the update any good in terms of playability? (Did you enjoy it?)

• @nathanjamesddg151 Yeah, it's fun. I didn't play too much yet but from what I've seen so far it looks very promising. It's also pretty refreshing to have a new heist location with Cayo Perico.

• @Oskar It is, too bad you can't access it outside the heist in free mode.

• @Oskar If we made the interior a map, then we could in theory add the ability to launch missiles, correct? But that would bring the limitation of not being able to launch missiles while driving the boat.

• @nathanjamesddg151 Would need to test that out but I don't think so. That feature is probably GTA Online only. But scripting missile shouldn't be too big of a problem.

• @Oskar Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Scripting the missile launch isn't difficult, but figuring out how to integrate it into a working boat is a whole different issue.

• @nathanjamesddg151 I don't see the problem. Get the coordinates of the VLS cells, create a missile object there, attach some particles, launch it up in the air and from there let the object fly to the target and create an explosion once it reaches the target.
    It's a little bit of work but certainly possible. So basically a fully scripted missile launch sequence completely independent from how it works in GTA Online

• @Oskar Huh. What was the issue we were having before then? Or did we just not do it?

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.