Important when installing Add-On vehicles

• Hey peeps, anyway just wanted to share this as so far it hasn't caused any problems for me and works perfectly (no crashed or bugs or that crap) :DD

Basically when installing an addon car, you still type it out on DLCLIST.XML but even if it tells you to edit extretitlemetaupdate.meta, from what I've seen that's just what R* use to patch their own updates and hotfix them meaning that when installing an Add-On vehicle you don't need to edit it :DD From my experience this has yet to be proven wrong as I have had over 600 Add-On vehicles and this hasn't caused an issue to this day :100:

If it causes problems for you please tell me so I can test it but yeah :DD
    Hope it works lol

• @Frazzlee I've only got a few addons installed but some do have the extratitle stuff and the rest don't. All of them seem to work fine, so if it's not there I don't worry about it. It certainly doesn't seem to be essential.

• @LeeC2202 said in Important when installing Add-On vehicles:

@Frazzlee I've only got a few addons installed but some do have the extratitle stuff and the rest don't. All of them seem to work fine, so if it's not there I don't worry about it. It certainly doesn't seem to be essential.

@Frazzlee is right , that's useless :)

• you still need the gameconfig though, right?

• @Quakex64 I didn't need one for the first few, then everything went pear shaped until I used one. If I was asked by someone about it, I would definitely recommend one right from the very first addon, just to be sure now.

• @LeeC2202 I will definitely try one then.. I got my own made add on to work before, but after a couple of game updates and same method of adding them, they wont work... I will be using one now..good to know.

• @Quakex64 I use the one here: https://www.gta5-mods.com/misc/gta-5-gameconfig-300-cars

I use that because he actually does a choice of versions that affect traffic density. I like the vanilla traffic levels and he has a version that caters for that.

I don't like things that fix things but also change things as well... and that user was good enough to make sure that his vanilla version was exactly that.

• I have just started modding and have about 7 cars, and some of them have headlights problem after a few days, headlights can't be turned off, so i wonder what is wrong, i haven't found any guides online yet. As you can see in the video the lights in the front and on the sides are on when they should be off, as you can see in the back.

• @Frazzlee Do you know what the importance of the lang folder is with addons? It's sometimes in dlc.rpf > x64 > data > lang but not always. It usually has files called americandlc.rpf and other country files in there and inside each of those is a file called global.gxt2.

In the case of the 98 Caprice, that file contains this:

0x06D42589 = Caprice
    0x5B761C27 = Chevrolet

I don't know where those values come from and they don't seem to be in every addon car, so they don't appear to be critical files. They look like hash values so maybe there is a tool to create them?

I'm just building a folder tree so I can see where everything lives. I'm thinking about writing a tool to automate the process but not being able to create rpf files outside OpenIV is a bit of an issue. I'd like to fully automate the process if possible to minimise errors.

• @LeeC2202 The Lang folder is where weapon names, car names, outfit names etc. GTA V doesn't have modded car/weapon names so the mod author should create one to input custom names into the game. You can create one by using GXT2tools. You can create hash values by using OpenIV's hash generator. See here to learn.

• @Akila_Reigns Ah... is that why, when I get the car name of an addon vehicle it shows the name as NULL?

I'll have a look at that link, thanks for the info.

• @Akila_Reigns Was just about to say that :DD @Martes I can't see the video, not sure if it's a issue on your end or mine...

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.