Odd freezing issue . . .

• Three days ago my game suddenly started freezing anytime I try to enter certain vehicles on the street. They can either be spawned vehicles or just random cars that are driving around in traffic. Most vehicles are unaffected and work just fine but I noticed of those that are affected, the ones that are randomly driving around *don't have a driver! The vehicles affected by this just driving through traffic like normal but with no one at the wheel and those are the only vehicles that freeze when you try and enter them. I can enter vehicles WITH drivers just fine but when I hit 'F' to enter those without a driver the game instantly freezes - no error message - no nothing.

Anybody ever encountered this before or know how to correct it? (without having to rebuild a new mod folder). I use Menyoo as my trainer, have various asi plugin's and have numerous modded vehicles installed and everything works perfectly... that is, until three days ago. Any help is greatly appreciated ... :confused:

• @RanditoCarlito Freezes no, but crashes yes. I once tried to hi-jack a vehicle, and as soon as I approached said vehicle, the game crashed. I solved the problem by modifying vehiclemodelsets.meta to say NO to spawning vehicles with modkits. I did this because, I had multiple vehicle replacements that did NOT include modkits. I had heard that conflicts with modified replacements without modified modkit replacements could cause crashes. I could send you my vehiclemodelsets.meta file, to see if or not your issue continues to persist.

• @eshenk I guess I should have said "crashes" rather than freezes because although it does freeze, it quickly crashes shortly thereafter. At this point I'm willing to try anything so yes, I'd be grateful if you would send me your vehiclemodelsets.meta file for me to try. If that's what it is I don't understand why this has never happened before but when it comes to this game and all it's crazy issues, who knows . . .

Thanks again.

• @eshenk said in Odd freezing issue . . .:

@RanditoCarlito Freezes no, but crashes yes. I once tried to hi-jack a vehicle, and as soon as I approached said vehicle, the game crashed. I solved the problem by modifying vehiclemodelsets.meta to say NO to spawning vehicles with modkits. I did this because, I had multiple vehicle replacements that did NOT include modkits. I had heard that conflicts with modified replacements without modified modkit replacements could cause crashes. I could send you my vehiclemodelsets.meta file, to see if or not your issue continues to persist.

Oh! :o
    Thanks for telling. I didn't know that. Could you please publish your vehiclemodelsets.meta somewhere?
    BTW the smiley menu here sucks.

• @RanditoCarlito and @Cyron43 here -

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1uTaiUD2RfEeURDUlg5NGM5R3c/view?usp=sharing

It goes in update/update.rpf/common/data/ai

If you use RDE, also put in update/update.rpf/common/data/ai/sheriff

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1uTaiUD2RfEbEVYdkRCTzN3WWs/view?usp=sharing

Rename the file to remove the _2 from it.

• @RanditoCarlito @Cyron43 Don't know if this is any help for you guys as well https://www.gta5-mods.com/misc/unmodifiedimicated-traffic#comments_tab

I've been using this and haven't had any crashes with traffic spawning - still get crashing from too many mods installed though lol

@Eshenk I just saw that you were/are using this. Does it work for you?

• @eshenk @krissboo Thanks for sharing. My game only crashes with that effing RagePluginHook, randomly and even w/o any plugin loaded. However, it's always good to gain some knowledge and have something to fix at hand. :slight_smile:
    I am going to copy this whole thread into Evernote.
    When I think of it, this thread is worth to be pinned. @Global-Moderators

• @Cyron43 Well that one I linked, along with your https://www.gta5-mods.com/misc/versatile-traffic seemed to fix a lot of my crashes. I don't use RagePluginHook so can't help with your crashes but yeah it's always good to have different fixes for stuff :)

• @krissboo Thanks for mentioning my mod. It's strange though. You are not the first one reporting that it mysteriously fixes the game (see sticky comment over at the download page). I have no clue why this is but I'm glad anyway. :slight_smile:
    Apparently RPH has some flaws regarding proper memory management. The only people who could help it are the developers of this thing. That's the downside of C++. A developer has to take care of memory management it in almost every aspect. That's why I prefer C#. You are not free to be totally careless but you don't have to worry about memory leaks where you don't expect them at first glance.

• @Cyron43 lemme know how this worked out for you. I don't even know your specs, and those files I gave really pushes things through the roof, but I have no glitches or crashes of any kind. If it is too much, provide your specs, and I can lower the values until everything works.

I also see you say your game crashes randomly - mine used to as well. If you work with me, I can get that to stop. I first need to know your specs, and then tell me ALL the mods you use. You do vehicle replacements? I have a lot of vehicle replacements, maybe 2-3 dozen. When I was randomly crashing, I thought it might be that I was driving into an area where a replacement vehicle was spawning that did not have a modified mod kit, so those vehicles would spawn the vanilla mod kits, and BOOM crash. You will notice my link included vehiclemodelsets - it is because I changed all the values of modkits=1 to -1 to ensure replacements never tried to spawn with vanilla modkits. This might not apply to your situation though, if you do not have a LOT of vehicle replacements.

• @eshenk As I said my game only crashes randomly when I start it via RPH. So I am pretty sure it's a flaw in that hook.
    I have no replacement vehicles at all but some addon vehicles.
    Bubbleship
    drone166
    B2 spirit
    The star trek shuttle set
    AirTrike
    Dick Dastardly ( https://www.gta5-mods.com/vehicles/dick-dastardly )
    motojet
    Tesla S
    Monowheel *
    Dallara FX17 *
    flatbed3 (the flatbed modified by ImNotMental)
    Batman66
    Arrow (Mercedes concept car) *
    ysfbikeA *
    MetalSlug
    Twizy *

The vehicles marked with an * are listed in my modified popgroups.ytm. So they spawn in AI traffic but again, no problem if I run w/o RPH. All vehicles which were published as replacements only, have been converted to addons by myself.

Specs: Intel i5 quad core @3.3GHz, 8GB RAM, graphics card AMD Radeon HD 5700 series with 1GB RAM. I know the card is crap but I have this retexture mod installed and it's great.

• @Cyron43 Ok, your specs are WAY too low to attempt my ped and traffic density increases. I don't use RPH at all, but if the random crashes are occurring from that, I believe we both know what that means, LOL.

• @eshenk Unfortunately the vehiclemodelsets.meta set you provided didn't remedy my problem. I might have to resort to a more intensive fix and just make a new 'mod' folder and reinstall all my mods from scratch. That would obviously take longer but if I mod one vehicle at a time and check each one afterwards then I should be pretty safe in knowing what caused this issue if it should occur again. Thing is, I normally save a backup of my mod folder but I just haven't had the spare hard drive space for it until last week when I finally bought a 4TB hard drive to double my original storage space (I originally had four 1TB hard drives in my system). I hate to have to start a new 'mod' folder all over again but if I can't get this problem worked out sometimes that's your only option. I greatly appreciate everyone's assistance and I'll keep checking back in case anyone has any further suggestions. At least now I have the storage space once again to properly backup each game mod like I was doing before my storage space ran out.

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.