New ScriptHookV?!

• Seems '2.10.1 (current)', on this site, really isn't that current.

Download and install the latest Script Hook V.
    Download Community Script Hook V .NET and copy both the ScriptHookVDotNet.asi and ScriptHookVDotNet2.dll files into your game directory.

Is says scripts must, from now on, refer to the ScriptHookVDotNet2.dll file?! Dafuq is up with that?! Must I recompile all my existing scripts for that? That's crazy, especially since their site says it's just a temporary situation (apparently in preparation of an alleged version 3).

I have a good mind to just keep using my old setup, as I never had an issue with it.

Please, someone, enlighten me. :)

• ScriptHookV's author, Alexander Blade, is not active on this website. The link simply links to the original website. ScriptHookV is a C++ library to use natives and some other neat features. It has nothing to do with .NET. The version there is the most current version.

ScriptHookVDotNet (SHVDN) also links to the official release page. That version is also the most current version. SHVDN enables mods written in .NET languages to work and uses ScriptHookV internally. Yes, SHVDN got updated and filenames were changed to make v3 work later, but you don't need to recompile anything for now, as all v2 assemblies work fine still.

I'd answer about the v2/v3 compatibility but I failed to find how this was resolved in the code (ScriptDomain) (Where are the referenced assemblies checked?!) so I'll leave it for somebody who knows more.

tl;dr
    old scripts referencing ScriptHookVDotNet.dll currently still work fine with the 2.10.0/1 version.

• @ikt Thanks for the reply. :)Yes, I meant Community Script Hook V .NET, of course (as outlined in my post, but I made a boo-boo in the title; my bad).

P.S. Unless you had recompiled against ScriptHookVDotNet.dll statically (which I didn't), I don't see how an old script, under the new paradigm, using ScriptHookVDotNet2.dll, would 'currently still work fine with the 2.10.0/1 version,' though, unless I left the old ScriptHookVDotNet.dll in the main directory (in which case, what would be the point of the upgrade?!

• SHVDN just goes through the scripts folder and compiles .cs/.vb files and loads them, and loads compiled .dll files. Checks if the dll contains a GTA::Script and then does its thing. No idea where it checks for v2/v3 compatibility, but for now you won't need to.

afaik shvdn is added as reference so the symbols(?) are known, and that's all. The name gives it away, dll -> dynamically linked library :p afaik .NET doesn't do statically linked libraries.

tl;dr
    shvdn just scans scripts for compatible files, and they're compatible if the assembly (dll) has at least one type of subclass GTA::Script. That's all I can tell with a quick look at it. People who worked on SHVDN should be able to explain more but I don't think @crosire is active on the website either. Try the Gitter chat room.

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.