[MAP] [WIP] GTA: Universe

• What is GTA: Universe?

GTA: Universe is a Total Conversion mod for GTA V that adds new real world locations from the United States to the existing GTA V Map.
    The focus is to expand the Map with new from scratch made regions.
    Our Team consists only very experienced Peoples that know about 3D and Gamedesign.
    We are trying to represent reallife locations very realistic and GTA V styled.
    Each Region will be released then.

Regions:

Creoul Pass [WIP]:

Screenshots:
    alt text

alt text

Facts about Creoul Pass:

Creoul Pass is a mountain pass in Southern San Andreas in the United States. It was created by the movements of the San Andreas Fault. Located in the Mojao Desert, the pass is an important link from the Blaine County Area to Crainville, and northeast to Las Venturas. Route 68 is crossing Creoul Pass and therefore this location is visited by many Tourists.
    Creoul Pass is based on Cajon Pass in Southern California

San Fierro [WIP][Cancelled]:

Small info why San Fierro was cancelled:

This project firstly started as a Bay Area Project.
    After the action of take two we wanted to start completely new and changed the Project Concept a bit. So, it will take some time before we reach San Fierro since we must firstly make the transition to it. We need to finish Southern San Andreas first before we are going to Nothern San Andreas. So, San Fierro is not totally Cancelled.

Screenshots:
    alt text

More regions coming soon

Team

modelling

Krox
    Venom

Converting

GTARandom

designing

Smezee

Our Discord Server:
    https://discord.gg/Gyye2PQ

• Hey, not bad man. Looking forward to it.

• Wonderful!

So these are just rendering shots taken in 3DS Max, correct? They will have shadows when ported into GTAV, yes?

(it'd be cool if you added the Dark Edition version of Liberty City from a GTA 3 mod called GTA 3: Dark Edition.)

• @krashadam said in [MAP] [WIP] GTA: Universe:

Wonderful!

So these are just rendering shots taken in 3DS Max, correct? They will have shadows when ported into GTAV, yes?

(it'd be cool if you added the Dark Edition version of Liberty City from a GTA 3 mod called GTA 3: Dark Edition.)

Thanks

Yep these are rendering shots, but from the blender render engine.
    Blender has a different render engine, but it will takes more time to render and its a bit useless since there will be ingame screenshots.
    Of course it will have shadows, and better looking textures and all.
    All screenshots are currently w.i.p and a lot of works needs to be done
    We have GTARandom who helps us, that has worked on ViceV so he knows how to import those models good looking to GTA V.
    Normal Maps and Spec maps cant be really seen in these renderings. But soon there will be a ingame Screenshot.

• @Krox Any updates on this?

• @westcoastsosa said in [MAP] [WIP] GTA: Universe:

@Krox Any updates on this?

Our Mod Team has made a Discord Server where we will post some updates and news regarding GTA: Universe.
    Anyone who is interested can join our Discord, there you can follow the developing

The link to it is on the title page.

I will only inform people here, when a region is ready to download.

• @Krox Thanks buddy

• wow this is amazing to see, unlike lazy rockstar pushing out copy/paste dlcs.
    also here is some inspiration: http://i.imgur.com/kkqULlP.jpg

• Another Screen from Interstate 7 in Creoul Pass:

alt text

We are getting close to release the first region "creoul pass".
    Only textures and some models needs to be finished.

This will be the last screen taken from Blender.
    The next time i will do a screen ingame.

@Krox hey man, I hope that all is well on your end.

Any updates?

I know that you were considering removing the main map and making this work a stand alone map, it's own world, with no Los Santos available when your map is loaded... Are you still headed that direction?

I would have rather liked to have seen an addition to the main map perhaps extending off of the South Eastern side of the game map but I am sure that you have your reasons and your passion.

Any new screenshots that you can share?

• @DarthPungz I agree with having it an add on, but why would you put it south east when San Francisco is north of Los Angeles?

@nkjellman well now that I think about it again it belongs directly East, perhaps slightly north bit not much... This would most make sense when you consider all of the other parodied locations of real world places.... Fort Zancudo is the most Southerner parodied location (Point Mugu) but is at the North of the map... The vinery area inland on the East of map represents Napa Valley and so San Francisco should be represented on the coast just south of this area.

• @DarthPungz said in [MAP] [WIP] GTA: Universe:

@Krox hey man, I hope that all is well on your end.

Any updates?

I know that you were considering removing the main map and making this work a stand alone map, it's own world, with no Los Santos available when your map is loaded... Are you still headed that direction?

I would have rather liked to have seen an addition to the main map perhaps extending off of the South Eastern side of the game map but I am sure that you have your reasons and your passion.

Any new screenshots that you can share?

Sry for the late answer

yes, I am still for deleting the original map and creoul pass already been designed for it. It would be more work for me to change it again.
    The reason just is, that the original map was designed to be an Island and its not designed for expanding it in the future, thats the problem. R* never thought about expanding the Original map. We want to represent location as good as we can and place them geographical correct.

And ye, there is an update

I finished Creoul Pass recently.
    But the release is not until we have found someone regarding importing the models to GTA V, since GTARandom can not import the complete region with Slods and working Interiors alone, since it would be very time consuming for him to do everything manually and modding is not the highest priority in his life now.
    Thats why we are currently searching for someone who can help us with it.
    I dont want to show more of the region, since i want that you guys can explore creoul pass yourself

So, if someone can help us with importing, just contact me.

But it doesnt stop me from modelling, the second region is already in development

• Since we still not found someone regarding importing and i was pretty busy this week, here is a screen of the bite Interior Model in Creoul Pass.
    The Textures will be revealed as soon as Creoul Pass gets released.
    Some things should still be unseen before release :p

Sry for the noise btw. I did not finish rendering the picture, otherwise it would cost me several hours.

alt text

@Krox more, want more!!! Even WIP in model editor screen captures :)

• The chairs look very wide

• @itsmeTA

True, I've also noticed that after looking a few times.
    The chairs will of course have the right size ingame then

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.