[Tool] [Release/WIP] Map Editor 2 YMap Converter

• @BladeRJ Yes, if you didn't change flags property when you exported, it will load automatically.

• Finally fixed the menyoo rotations so now menyoo maps work perfectly with the tool! The release is now pending boys so be ready for 1.0.4!!

• With New Maps after DLC update. They wont read file. Gives a Read File Error.
    On these maps.
    https://www.gta5-mods.com/maps/best-military-fortress-1-0
    https://www.gta5-mods.com/maps/forest-station-in-the-woodland

• @BladeRJ u wrong, 4k textures don't necessary a 4k monitor, it s very different (definition not same than resolution)

Definition for pictures (textures) and resolution (number of pixel on a monitor)

• @BladeRJ it literally becomes part of the game map and loads with everything else as if its not even a mod at all and rockstar actually cared about singleplayer and put it in an update or dlc like they promised to and didnt fail to deliver and sell out to microtransactions while they worked on sequel to brokeback mountain the video game

• @sollaholla Just converted my menyoo map but having some issues :( So it looks like just about everything spawned, does this not convert the peds or vehicles? Because i noticed they didn't spawn. Also the main issue is that most of my props for the map are inside of a house, and they don't show.. maybe 1 or 2 appear and disappear but i can see them from outside the house and all the props spawned outside work perfectly. Any tips or suggestions?

• @westcoastsosa Sadly ymaps don't support peds (ped spawning is used in scenario data which is seperate from ymaps), and most ymap vehicle flags are unknown at the moment, but the app does create car generators so they will spawn "randomly" (I guess). The interior props issue stems from Franklin's house interior cmloinstance definition. In any interior, all ymaps not in the cmloinstance definition will be unloaded when you enter the interior. Your best bet is to find the ytyp that defines Franklin's house interior, and add your entities (that are in the interior) into the ytyp. Other than that, you might need to keep the interior props as xml defined. If this is not the case, then the good news is, you may be able to create a _manifest.ymf that has your props and their metadata files defined; that way the props appear in game. Unfortunately ymaps are not easy to make, but if I where you, I'd try using CodeWalker to see if you can mess with flags and extents to get it working. I heard in a future release CodeWalker will allow you to generate _manifest files.

-- Wishing you the best of luck! :D

• @sollaholla Thanks for the help :) i'll have to learn more about what you said and then try to get it working. It will definitely help for my future mods.

• @sollaholla Hey me again xD I'm trying to convert this but it doesn't seem to be working, am i doing something wrong or not all maps work ?

https://www.gta5-mods.com/maps/driver-s-paradise

• For starters, let me say that I think this following tool is the future of GTA V! Maps loaded 'natively', this way, load around 100x times faster than when done with Map Editor, and don't crash your game when too big (Map Editor is really a very inferior way to load maps). So, it's an excellent tool.

Having said that, it's (still?) a bit flaky. Some maps really come out mangled; like Rockyview Mansion Textures which are loaded actually disappear on you when you approch them (Sic!) Or "Modern Art is Mad Confusing" Home This one can't be converted ("Read error") directly, but the map converted to Menyoo format first really messes things up (like instead of opening a gate, it starts deforming a metal grill on the wall). And Mansion Zues (oddly disappeared from this site), has all sorts of objects rotated erroneously/misplaced them altogether. Mind you, these buildings load fine with Map Editor ('fine' meaning 'within 15 minutes of totally hogging your machine, and hopefully not crashing your game, if lucky').

So, to the powers that be, thank you for creating this great tool! But it still needs some work; and if I can supply maps that fail somehow, please let me know: I really like to see this tool promoted!

• @BladeRJ said in [Tool] [Release/WIP] Map Editor 2 YMap Converter:

@Willief23 i honestly dont know why people care for 4k textures, specially for peds !
    and i doubt most players have a 4k monitor do play on pc.

Sometimes I use 4k textures. In Franklin's fancy house, for instance, there's an (uneditable), low-res, vertical hall painting, whose texture can only be replaced with a 4k one; if you don't supply the 4k texture, it will use the embedded low-res one. Naturally one must set one's graphics to use high-res textures too, of course. :)

• @meimeiriver Sure, post them here or send them to me via mediafire / gdrive / whatever and 'll take a look.

• @sollaholla said in [Tool] [Release/WIP] Map Editor 2 YMap Converter:

@meimeiriver Sure, post them here or send them to me via mediafire / gdrive / whatever and 'll take a look.

Thanks! :) Will do. In fact, already did. :P (See PM)

• @sollaholla Are you still working on this?!

Anyone know how those entitiesExtents work? I thought they worked like bbMin/bbMax (aka bounding box parameters), but however small I make my map, seems it always get extents that spawn the entire world.

• Do you need ScriptHookVDotNet to use it?

• @Plastik said in [Tool] [Release/WIP] Map Editor 2 YMap Converter:

Do you need ScriptHookVDotNet to use it?

Strictly spoken, no: it's an external Windows conversion tool. Though it's hard to imagine doing anything (including making maps with Map Editor/Menyoo) without ScriptHookVDotNet.

• @meimeiriver said in [Tool] [Release/WIP] Map Editor 2 YMap Converter:

@Plastik said in [Tool] [Release/WIP] Map Editor 2 YMap Converter:

Strictly spoken, no: it's an external Windows conversion too. Though it's hard to imagine doing anything (including making maps with Map Editor/Menyoo) without ScriptHookVDotNet.

Well i can't use ScriptHookVDotNet cuz not working

• @Plastik said in [Tool] [Release/WIP] Map Editor 2 YMap Converter:

@meimeiriver said in [Tool] [Release/WIP] Map Editor 2 YMap Converter:

@Plastik said in [Tool] [Release/WIP] Map Editor 2 YMap Converter:

Strictly spoken, no: it's an external Windows conversion too. Though it's hard to imagine doing anything (including making maps with Map Editor/Menyoo) without ScriptHookVDotNet.

Well i can't use ScriptHookVDotNet cuz not working

it's working fine

• @sollaholla would fivem be able to use .ymap.xml

• @sollaholla

Great work on the tool man!

Just curious if there's any possibility of converting YMAP/Menyoo/ME back into JSON format?

Basically a reverse conversion.

Thanks

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.