[SCRIPT]Realistic Buoyancy for Planes/Make waterlandings possible

• I hate how planes just straight up sink when they hit water... Real planes can land on water and floats for a while

Is there a way to make the planes float for 10-20 sec before it sink ?

• @k0spwn yes change handling meta and buoyancy factor from 85 to 10 or 5 ish. but you won't be able to move or control the aircraft once it touches water it's kaput. however by changing those lines you make it sink slowly. or even not sink at all. just a floating dead plane.

• @FoxtrotDelta Firstly, thanks for your and answer and sorry for being an absolute noob but I can't find the buoyancy value in the handling.meta file ( GTAV/(mods)/update/update.rpf/common/data/). Do I need to create the value ? And if so, how ?

• @k0spwn any aircraft just open its handling.meta file and look for this line

<fPercentSubmerged value="85.000000" />

change it from 85 to less and it won't sink right away.

• @FoxtrotDelta It worked thank you very much, and just a last question, is there a way to keep the first person view when the plane is in the water/broken ?

• @k0spwn not sure about that.

• @k0spwn @FoxtrotDelta Maybe there's a file you can alter that chooses to put you in third person when in the water.

But you'd have to do some good long data-mining, though...

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.