Vanilla car handling edit problem

• I am trying to fix the brawlers brakes. In the past I have modified add-on car handling.meta file with no problems, but if I edit a vanilla .meta the changes do not show up in game. I am using a copy of the folder for mpluxe2 (As far as I know is the only place where the brawlers handling file is located.) in the mods folder and I have also edited the vanilla records with no luck.

I have noticed as soon as the file is altered in openIV or importing a handling.meta that in the attributes column it loses the encrypted tag, not sure if that has anything to do with it.

• @NorthwindJME Have you looked if the Brawler handling is in more than one place? There is a priority hierarchy.

1. handling.meta in mods\update\update.rpf\common\data has the highest priority.
    2. Below that come dlc patches (mods\update\update.rpf\dlc_patch)
    3. The data in mods\update\x64\dlcpacks have the lowest priority.

• Yes, I have used OpenIV's search to look through all of the handling.meta files. There is only one instance for the brawler. I am going to look through them all Manually I have a hunch that it could be a typo (or even a rename) in the files.... this might take a while :C

EDIT: Not as long as I thought, but I found nothing. I can alter the model from mplux2 to add a spoiler onto a rear bumper and that shows up. It could be that the fBrakeForce value is not enough to fix the problem. I will keep digging.

EDIT 2: -_-' Well changed the fInitialDriveMaxFlatVel to a much higher number and yeah it goes faster. So it is a traction problem not a wrong file being called problem.

• @NorthwindJME Great job. You found the issue yourself. :thumbsup:

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.