new to this few questions

• Last night I downloaded a bunch of mods, started to figure out how it all works, found a lot of mods that don't like each other and so forth, but I've got a few questions.

1.) Was there an update just released, does this mean we have to wait for ScriptHook to be updated everytime Rockstar releases a patch or can I still play? I have already updated the game. Is there a way to downgrade to 1.39 or another version?

2.) How do I launch the game now? It keeps saying ScriptHook failed and the game doesn't launch.

3.) How do I use 2 mods that use the same file?
    Example: I want to use a standard handling mod, but another good mod uses the same file for something else.

4.) There are thousands of really good mods, a lot of them do similar things as one another and it's taking so long to go through them all... Are there any massive download packs or guides where people have compiled a list of compatible mods extensively? As is I just spent the last 15 hours doing so and I've only got roads, names, cops and a few qol mods.

• @Shadow_0x said in new to this few questions:

Last night I downloaded a bunch of mods, started to figure out how it all works, found a lot of mods that don't like each other and so forth, but I've got a few questions.

1.) Was there an update just released, does this mean we have to wait for ScriptHook to be updated everytime Rockstar releases a patch or can I still play? I have already updated the game. Is there a way to downgrade to 1.39 or another version?

It's 1.41 or 1.0.1180.2 now. You can put back your 1.40/1.0.1103.2 files and continue playing with a modded install with a working ScriptHookV, and update whenever Alexander Blade updates ScriptHookV. You should've backed them up before the game got updated though :p

2.) How do I launch the game now? It keeps saying ScriptHook failed and the game doesn't launch.

Remove ScriptHookV mods, update your mods/update/update.rpf with the new update.rpf and re-apply any OpenIV mods concerning update.rpf.

3.) How do I use 2 mods that use the same file?
    Example: I want to use a standard handling mod, but another good mod uses the same file for something else.

Manually go over the files and pick out the differences of one file and apply it to the other.

4.) There are thousands of really good mods, a lot of them do similar things as one another and it's taking so long to go through them all... Are there any massive download packs or guides where people have compiled a list of compatible mods extensively? As is I just spent the last 15 hours doing so and I've only got roads, names, cops and a few qol mods.

There are some vehicle packs, but generally you need to download each mod separately. Aside from Redux (don't use that, please. It's using uncredited(stolen) parts of other mods) there aren't any packs that overhaul most of the game. Some complete-ish sorta-everything overhaul mods are:

World, spawning, traffic, AI:

Cops, AI:

(Vanilla) Car packs:

Handling:

Graphics:

These are the ones that I like and are (sort of) updated.

• @Shadow_0x

1. Which files do You mean? You have to manually edit that specific file, you copy important lines from mod file and paste into game file.
    2. These things don´t work like that for (mostly?) copyright reasons. Some vehicle modders have released big parts of their work as a "single-mod", though.

Yes, you need to wait for an update every time.

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.