Add-on mod creation
I have been having trouble making an add on varient of a replacement mod. I followed a guide online and checked my work but am not finding my mistake. Whenever I try to spawn the car it just says invalid model
This section is for posting tutorials, not asking for them.
@Global-Moderators move pls?
@godbmxes if you link me your dlc via mediafire or something I'll have a look for you...
@V4D3R I apologize did not mean to place this in the wrong section
@ReNNie https://www.mediafire.com/folder/oc4jez6931tb2/Template+folder I have gotten no luck with it so far, Also here are the files that are the replace version that I am trying to make add on of https://www.gta5-mods.com/vehicles/volkswagen-golf-mk3-gti
@godbmxes Oh I have that one in my volkswagen dlcpack
We'll get there.
First, could you please re-upload the seperate files inside a winrar archive?
I'm not upgrading to a bulk mediafire account neither am I going to download 10 seperate files right now
@godbmxes Here goes:
- you don't need extratitleupdatedata.meta nor dlctext.meta, remove them from the dlc and content.xml;
- if you don't want to buy this car ingame via the dealership or online site but just spawn it, you don't need caraddoncontentunlocks.meta;
- your folder structure can be simplified to
- you use the dlc name 'MK3GT' inside the dlc structure yet in dlclist.xml you have
<Item>dlcpacks:\MK3GTI\</Item>so the dlc.rpf has to be in a folder MK3GTI. Tip: you make less mistakes if you keep the dlc name and folder name the same...
- your content.xml is showing an error on line 45
<Item>dlc_MK3GT:/%PLATFORM%/levels/gta5/vehicles/[FOLDER NAME]vehicles.rpf</Item>... where folder name should read MK3GT
Now, download an Add-On from authors like ahmeda1999, Zievs or Lord Neophyte and examine their folder structure inside the dlc.rpf, content.xml and setup2.xml once more.
@ReNNie Thanks a bunch, I will follow along and report back after work!
Alright IU was able to work on this,
- You want me to remover extratittleupdate and dlctext from the content.xml?
- The folder labeled MK3GTI is what I actually placed in the mods folder, I do not think I added that part
- Super confused lol, not sure if those are lines out of a file or if they are the file paths
- Should I change it to MK3GT inside of the dlclist? Also yoiu are saying I should just use one name say MK3GTI for everything?
- I changed line 45 to <Item>dlc_MK3GT:/%PLATFORM%/levels/gta5/vehicles/MK3GTvehicles.rpf</Item> Not sure if there should be a space there or not?
Also for good measure i am downloading a few mods from the creators listed above and also here is the link to the addon guide I used https://www.gta5-mods.com/misc/add-on-base