Abandoned/broken modifications

Report mods here that have been abandoned/broken.

Rules for reporting:

• The mod has to have been broken for at least 30 days.
    • The author has to be completely inactive on the site, or just inactive on the specific mod reported (which means that either the author hasn't said anything about the mod, or the author said he will not fix the mod and hasn't made a notification in his title/description that the mod doesn't work).

If the report follows these rules then the mod page may be edited by moderators so that it indicates that the mod is broken or outdated. The decision to edit the mod page is at the full discretion of moderators/administrators.

This thread can also be used by mod creators that want to find broken mods which they can fix.

Reporting mods that are abandoned but not broken is allowed, but please state in the report that the mod is not broken. If the mod is not broken in any way then a notification on the mod page will not be added by moderators. Reports of mods that are not broken will only be useful to modders who want to edit mods.

Example reports (these aren't actually broken (afaik)):

Mod: Force Field
    Last updated: May 21, 2015.
    Broken since: Cunning Stunts update.
    Author is inactive from the site.
    The mod is not broken, I just wish put feature here was added.

Mod: Spawn Random Bodyguard
    Last updated: April 25, 2015.
    Broken since: September 22, 2017.
    Author said he will not update the mod.

The more information you put in your report the better.

• Mod: Towing Service
    Last uploaded: December 28, 2015
    Broken since: initial upload which I don't know the date of.
    Developer still active with other mods.

Not only once have I asked eddlm to change it to an on-demand service. The automatic activation conflicts with LSPDFR in a way that I as a police officer have a broken vehicle towed before I had the chance for a full investigation.
    As I develop script mods myself I made an attempt to fix this on my own but the code is a hell of a mess and so I refrained. It's simply not worth the effort.

• Mod: GTA Realism
    Last updated: June 01, 2015
    Broken since: one of the game updates (according to comments. I have never used this mod myself)
    Author team inactive since June 27, 2017 (just telling by the comments)

• @Cyron43
    On GTA Realism:
    The mod itself is outdated, but new development is ongoing. I couldn't find you on Discord, but the authors are active there and share bits and pieces of new progress now-and-then :) Start of this month was bad news though:

img

More media:

Outdated, but not abandoned. Development hell maybe?

• Mod: PushIV
    Last updated: December 14, 2015
    Broken since: Game updates after this date.

Quote jedijosh920 : "Like I've said many times before, mods with Euphoria get broken every update and I cannot do ANYTHING about it. It's ScriptHookVDotNet that has to fix the Euphoria scripts."

• ScriptHookVDotNet's Euphoria class has been broken because the memory addresses/offsets related to Euphoria haven't been updated (I didn't know what the addresses represent when it got broken).

So all scripts that use the Euphoria class don't work properly in later GTA versions. Also, in SHVDN v2, GiveNmMassageFunc is somehow set to 0xFFFFFFFF (because of FindPattern) in later GTA version and using the Euphoria class clashes the game because of invalid function call.

However, the problems to update Euphoria class is that I'm not sure this 4208 means, and I don't have any ways to get PedNmAddress (forgot the actual name in GTA5.exe) offsets that works in all versions (As for 5232 (FatalInjuryHealthThreshold), I don't think this is needed to work the Euphoria class because GTA Euphoria also works with dead bodies).

MulleDK19 updates the Euphoria class in RPH properly, but he definitely won't tell us anything about RPH's source code, and I don't have good enough RE skill to find any memory patterns, unlike him (he has amazing RE skill though).
    So I need some support from some RE-experienced script modders to fix SHVDN's Euphoria class, just like @CamxxCore or @Unknown-Modder.

• @kagikn I can probably look into this today. Was not aware of those problems.

• @CamxxCore Thanks so much! This time, I suggest you should find appropriate memory patterns instead of direct address, so we won't have to update the offsets because of GTA updates.

@kagikn Fixing that isn't hard but it takes some time. I would have done it already if I had enough time. I'm too busy with school atm and before that I was working on Grand Theft Space and some other private projects.
    I'm pretty confident that CamxxCore can fix it since he seems to have some time.

@Cyron43 Thanks for the reports. I added a message to the PushIV mod.

This mod currently does not work with GTA V versions 1.0.877.1 and above. This is due to the fact that the euphoria code of Script Hook V .NET needs to be updated. This mod does not need to be updated, Script Hook V .NET does. There is possibly some work ongoing to fix Script Hook V .NET, stay tuned!

Also btw the dates you posted are the initial publication date of the mods, not the last updated date. :slight_smile:

• Mod: AddonPeds
    Last updated: July 21, 2017
    Broken since: Likely game updates after July 21.
    "L" key does not bring up the menu. Forced to use Menyoo and enter names manually.

@Pedge I looked through PedSelector.dll's code and it doesn't seem like it's the type of mod that would be broken after a game update. Do you have any errors in your ScriptHookVDotNet.log file related to PedSelector? Is PedSelector being loaded? (Look for "PedSelector has been loaded" in the log file)

• [17:45:46] [ERROR] Failed to instantiate script 'PedSelector.PedSelector' because constructor threw an exception:
    System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'NativeUI.UIMenu NativeUI.MenuPool.AddSubMenu(NativeUI.UIMenu, System.String, System.String)'.
    at PedSelector.PedSelector.AddonPedsMenu(UIMenu Menu)
    at PedSelector.PedSelector..ctor()

I have NativeUI I just don't get it. Others have said they had the same issue. Maybe something has a kink I can't see.

@Pedge Do you have the latest version of NativeUI installed (1.7)? Maybe you have an older version which does not have that method?

• @Jitnaught said in Abandoned/broken modifications:

NativeUI

Updated, no menu and same error.

• @kagikn Made a PR but still have to sort something out before it can go live.

• @CamxxCore Me or natural motion thingy. :P

• @Pedge Was speaking to @kagikn about natural motion stuff. (:

• @Pedge You need v1.7 or higher of NativeUI. Some mod authors tend to include an outdated NativeUI, so always just use the newest one.

• Read up above dude, I did that. :P Thanks for looking out though.

• Mod: Online Events Redux
    Last updated:April 30, 2017
    Broken since: July 2017
    Author has not responded.

alt text

• Mod:Online Random Events
    Last updated: June 26, 2015
    Broken since: NA

@HvyMetal55
    Online Events Redux is still being developed. The latest commit was made 21 hours ago. I would suggest making an Issue on the mod's GitHub page so the author knows of the problem.

There haven't been any other reports of Online Random Events being broken in any way. What's wrong with it?
    Edit: just realized you put N/A as the broken since date. Since it's not broken, what is the reason you are reporting it? Is there something you wish was changed of the mod?

P.S. Please update your account to enable 3rd party hosting. (photobucket image :P )

@Pedge Sorry I have no idea why you're getting that error, and I would test the mod personally but I don't currently have GTA V installed.

• Mod:Speedometer
    Last updated: July 17, 2017
    Broken since: Smuggler's Run

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.