Does anyone know what this error is and how exactly I can fix it WITHOUT having to do a reinstall. Please I beg you, don't make me Re (X11) install this game...
@Getahinsh you probably have a corrupt file, you can compare MD5 checkscum
@Getahinsh Any mods or scripts you are running?
- Load Steam
- From the Library section, right-click on the game and select Properties from the menu.
- Select the Local files tab and click the Verify integrity of game cache... button.
- Steam will verify the game's files - this process may take several minutes.
- Go into your install directory and create a shortcut for GTAVLauncher.exe
- Right-click on the new shortcut and go to Properties
- On the Shortcut tab, add -verify to the end of the Target text box.
For example, if your shortcut has
"C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto V\GTALauncher.exe"
to start, then it should look like this with the new flag
"C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto V\GTALauncher.exe" -verify
- Hit OK
- Run this shortcut (may have to run as administrator)
You have corrupt files. MD5 checksum and/or restoring backups.
I had that error once. It was due to instability overclock.. Ram was a little to hot .. and GPU core/mem too high..
@lassek1981 After waiting 5 years, they can now install water cooling in their systems and play GTA5 again.