down voting mods, because people have pirated/cracked game....

• why is it people down vote your mods, and expect support when they use a pirated version of gtav, i wont make a mods for pirated versions nor will i support anyone using said version.

What do other guys/girls think on this subject.

• Hmmm, Site-Related Questions & Feedback might be a better forum. I think plenty more people suffer from such ratings, or even people who get mad when your mod doesn't work in GTA:O or an unsupported framework like FiveM.

You can ignore them and report their comments. The moderators will remove such unfair ratings.

• ADMIN

I would actually be interested in knowing whether anyone actually likes or thinks the 1-5 star rating system is a good idea on the internet? The moderators on the site spend most of their time dealing with people giving mods 1 stars because they don't know how to read/don't like the mod author/insert invalid reasons for downrating a mod here so I'd love to talk about how we can reduce that or find another system which isn't so horribly exploited.

• Right now you can "Like" and rate a mod even if you haven't downloaded it before. Something like Nexusmods where you should first have downloaded the mod (+ a small grace period) before being able to rate it, would be a nice thing.

I'm not sure about the star-based ratings, as they are somewhat indicative of the quality of the mod. You can't do much about pirates and you can't force them to post logs. Maybe force a minimum word count for a post that's rating something negatively?

Personally I'd much more appreciate it if I got a 2/5 with "Crashes my game when I run this with ScriptHookVDotNet2 and I'm using yada yada hardware with this, pls fix" than a 3/5 with "u crashed my pc"

• @Dark0ne This is exactly what I experienced so many times. People who are too lazy to read the guide, give the mod a bad rating. The more versatile a mod gets, the bigger the guide but lazy people are either overwhelmed by the many words or they don't even bother to take a closer look into the zip/rar file and miss the guide completely. They don't even care to read the description pane on the web site.
    I got an idea: Most ratings fit but few exceptions distort the overall value pretty much. Maybe change the calculation from an arithmetic mean to a harmonic mean (or geometric mean?). You could even eliminate exceptional values outside 3 or 5 Sigma (that needs some testing) before the calculation. I think the result would better reflect the true value of a mod and low ratings from people who are in a private vendetta with the modder, fall off the cliff.

• i think it does need a proper rating system, and like the comment ikt made, if youve actually tried the mod and given a grace period, and or gotten no response if youve a problem then rate the mod. maybe a system like a certain sell it site has, ie communication, ease of use, installation etc then give the option to rate. then the script would give an overall rating based on said stars.

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.