Certain car mods won't work

• I don't know why I'm bothering posting this. I never seem to get proper help, even if I do tell you all the basic info. but here goes nothing:

I downloaded a few vehicle mods from the site and I'm having problems. I've got them installed properly but for whatever reason they don't seem to want to spawn ingame.
    Game version: current
    problem mods:
    https://www.gta5-mods.com/vehicles/jeep-wrangler-1986-replace-4-extras#description_tab
    https://www.gta5-mods.com/vehicles/us-ground-vehicles-pack-add-on-suport-m1128-mgs-m1142-tfft
    https://www.gta5-mods.com/vehicles/aircrafts-passenger-cargo-pack-add-on

And yes before you ask the gameconfig has been updated to accommodate mods.

if you must see my DLC list:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<SMandatoryPacksData>
    <Paths>
    <Item>platform:\dlcPacks\mpBeach</Item>
    <Item>platform:\dlcPacks\mpBusiness</Item>
    <Item>platform:\dlcPacks\mpChristmas</Item>
    <Item>platform:\dlcPacks\mpValentines</Item>
    <Item>platform:\dlcPacks\mpBusiness2</Item>
    <Item>platform:\dlcPacks\mpHipster</Item>
    <Item>platform:\dlcPacks\mpIndependence</Item>
    <Item>platform:\dlcPacks\mpPilot</Item>
    <Item>platform:\dlcPacks\spUpgrade</Item>
    <Item>platform:\dlcPacks\mpLTS</Item>
    <Item>dlcpacks:\mpheist</Item>
    <Item>dlcpacks:\mppatchesng</Item>
    <Item>dlcpacks:\patchday1ng</Item>
    <Item>dlcpacks:\patchday2ng</Item>
    <Item>dlcpacks:\mpchristmas2</Item>
    <Item>dlcpacks:\patchday2bng</Item>
    <Item>dlcpacks:\patchday3ng</Item>
    <Item>dlcpacks:\patchday4ng</Item>
    <Item>dlcpacks:\mpluxe</Item>
    <Item>dlcpacks:\patchday5ng</Item>
    <Item>dlcpacks:\mpluxe2</Item>
    <Item>dlcpacks:\patchday6ng</Item>
    <Item>dlcpacks:\mpreplay</Item>
    <Item>dlcpacks:\patchday7ng</Item>
    <Item>dlcpacks:\mplowrider</Item>
    <Item>dlcpacks:\mphalloween</Item>
    <Item>dlcpacks:\patchday8ng</Item>
    <Item>dlcpacks:\mpapartment</Item>
    <item>dlcpacks:\mpxmas_604490</item>
    <Item>dlcpacks:\mplowrider2</Item>
    <Item>dlcpacks:\mpjanuary2016</Item>
    <Item>dlcpacks:\mpvalentines2</Item>
    <Item>dlcpacks:\patchday9ng</Item>
    <Item>dlcpacks:\mpexecutive</Item>
    <Item>dlcpacks:\patchday10ng</Item>
    <Item>dlcpacks:\mpstunt</Item>
    <Item>dlcpacks:\patchday11ng</Item>
    <Item>dlcpacks:\mpimportexport</Item>
    <Item>dlcpacks:\mpbiker</Item>
    <Item>dlcpacks:\patchday12ng</Item>
    <Item>dlcpacks:\patchday13ng</Item>
    <Item>dlcpacks:\mpspecialraces</Item>
    <Item>dlcpacks:\mpgunrunning</Item>
    <Item>dlcpacks:\mpairraces</Item>
    <Item>dlcpacks:\mpsmuggler</Item>
    <Item>dlcpacks:\patchday14ng</Item>
    <Item>dlcpacks:\patchday15ng</Item>
    <Item>dlcpacks:\patchday16ng</Item>
    <Item>dlcpacks:\jk</Item>
    <Item>dlcpacks:\nb</Item>
    <Item>dlcpacks:\luis</Item>
    <Item>dlcpacks:\addonpeds</Item>
    <Item>dlcpacks:\rmspaceship</Item>
    <Item>dlcpacks:\cs</Item>
    <Item>dlcpacks:\rom</Item>
    <Item>dlcpacks:\fenyr</Item>
    <Item>dlcpacks:\sparmordillo</Item>
    <Item>dlcpacks:\Sturdy</Item>
    <Item>dlcpacks:\navy</Item>
    <Item>dlcpacks:\usground</Item>
    <Item>dlcpacks:\rdd</Item>
    <Item>dlcpacks:\civil</Item>
    <Item>dlcpacks:\wrangler86</Item>
    </Paths>
    </SMandatoryPacksData>

and yes, the \ at the end of each entry in the brackets is actually there. Forum formatting doesn't show it though.

• I think I figured it out. I think I hit the DLC limit. Blasted Rockstar making modders' lives miserable.

If anyone knows a way around it, that would be good. Thanks.

• @Glisp consolidate your dlc packs. And/or downgrade to v1.39 or earlier.

• I looked up a guide on consolidation but I'm a little confused. Do I need setup2.xml and content.xml or not? and for the vehicles.rpf can I have different named ones in the same DLC.rpf or do I need to merge them into one as well?

• @Glisp
    Content.xml refers to all content
    So, if you want multiple rpf files inside the dlc.rpf, then yes (it can be done, I have multiple rpf inside my add-on peds dlcpack to separate starwars, marvel, etc), refer to all those vehicles.rpf files separate. But don't would be my advice for this particular action.
    Just create one rpf inside to hold the yft / ytd from the different vehicles and their modkits.
    The modkits themselves will go into separate vehiclename_mods rpf files. Which are referred too for each modkit in content.xml.

The setup2.xml holds the name of the dlc itself
    So the name you'll want to input in the dlclist.xml. And starting all those content lines with in content.xml.
    You know, the ones on vehicles.meta, carcols.meta etc...

You also have to consolidate all the information in the vehicles.meta, carcols.meta, carvariations.meta and handling.meta.
    That way, the game can still find the necessary information on the vehicle

Good luck. And if you fail, ask

• I kinda have a new problem. The game keeps crashing at random. I'm not sure if it's because a lot of the vehicles I added are fucking huge airliners, or the fact it's on the DLC limit, but it's annoying. And no, I don't get an error, the game just crashes. Would merging the DLC packs solve this issue as well?

• @Glisp nah, as long as you don't spawn a lot the game doesn't barf on you. But, spawn a dozen of these 'airliners' then yes, texture loss, memory errors etc are your gift from V

• But memory errors > dilapidated's gameconfig.xml can help. As we stated before.

• That didn't answer my question though... I wasn't spawning any of these vehicles and the game keeps randomly crashing when I switch to franklin. I haven't modified franklin's files in any way either. So I'm not sure what's going on. I'm thinking I have too many things installed. all the new scripts I've added have been removed, so that's not the issue.... As for it happening when I switch to michael, I haven't tested it yet but I'm going to go out on a limb and say that it will happen there too. I still think it might be the plane mod causing the crashes. Why a simple add-on would is beyond me though.

edit: figured it out. I quicksaved on a custom map and apparently the game didn't like it. so I teleported to sandy shores and quicksaved, then closed the game. Now it seems to be running fine again.

On another note, we could really use a DLC merging tool. That would help A LOT. Sadly, I don't think a lot of GTA players are very tech savvy and making such a program would require at least basic knowledge of programming languages. If I could do it, I would for sure.

• well I merged the files but now the game crashes on load.... Not sure what I did wrong but I'm going to upload the folder with the created RPF so you guys can check. Making vehicle addon files out of loose ones has never worked for me..... I don't know what I'm doing wrong and all the guides are confusing as fuck.

I'm about ready to consider the downgrade option. I don't play GTA Online anyway. the only downside to that is that it means having to get older scripthook and other files as well.

• sorry for the bump but https://www.mediafire.com/file/1xt9v5x9575p3ve/civil.7z
    here's my merged file. If you guys can figure out what I did wrong, that would be great.

• @Glisp
    Not gonna download 1GB just to check your booboo

Maybe you want try again with just the armordillo, sturdy and wrangler86
    If those fail too and break the loading, I'll take a look at it for you
    Prrrrrromise

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.