MapBuilderCE object oddness

• @Dekurwinator said in MapBuilderCE object oddness:

@meimeiriver about custom props are diffrent story - this was made year ago and many objects was made in zmod3 so all objects are skinned modifier and with it all objects are invisible spawned by ymap, i have fixed all of mine objects (3dsmax +GIMS) few months ago and this will be included in next update from my files

A wee confusion on my end. I thought 'custom props' was your baby too (I saw your name as co-author too, I think). Anyway, thx for all your hard work!

• @OmegaKingMods Hmm, are you by any chance using a prop(-name) from Eclipse Tower, Suite 1?! Because I just noticed that Apartment is glitching all over the place (SPA). Like it's trying to show all Apartment Styles on top of each other. A prop name conflict could cause that.

After a bit of troubleshooting, I realized it was the MapBuilder mod. Without it, the Apartment loads fine again.

EDIT: Just to be clear, it's just Eclipse Tower, Suite 1 that became glitchy: the rest is just fine. Which leads me to believe there's gotta be a prop conflict somehow.

• @OmegaKingMods @meimeiriver said in MapBuilderCE object oddness:

@OmegaKingMods Hmm, are you by any chance using a prop(-name) from Eclipse Tower, Suite 1?! Because I just noticed that Apartment is glitching all over the place (SPA). Like it's trying to show all Apartment Styles on top of each other. A prop name conflict could cause that.

After a bit of troubleshooting, I realized it was the MapBuilder mod. Without it, the Apartment loads fine again.

EDIT: Just to be clear, it's just Eclipse Tower, Suite 1 that became glitchy: the rest is just fine. Which leads me to believe there's gotta be a prop conflict somehow.

Turns out I was 100% right about this! You're re-using several names of ingame props in your Map Builder CE:

apa_mp_h_01_living_fire.ydr
    apa_mp_h_01_living_water.ydr
    apa_int_mp_h_01.ycd
    apa_mp_h_01_int_txd.ytd
    apa_mp_h_01_int_txd+hi.ytd

These props and/or names are already defined (for Eclipse Tower, Suite 1, like I said), and the general apa_mp_h_01_int_txd.ytd dictionary. DON'T DO THAT! Seriously: doing so severely spasses out Eclipse Tower, Suite 1, as you're confusing the game (probably for the exact same reason I suspected: you're instantiating game assets on a permanent basis, that are not supposed to always be there, as those fancy Eclipse Tower interiors are based on choice).

So, tl;dr, rename those apa_mp* objects (like I did for my own version), and references to their dependencies (like apa_mp_h_01_int_txd.ytd). After that, Eclipse Tower, Suite 1 is working properly again.

• @meimeiriver said in MapBuilderCE object oddness:

@OmegaKingMods @meimeiriver said in MapBuilderCE object oddness:

@OmegaKingMods Hmm, are you by any chance using a prop(-name) from Eclipse Tower, Suite 1?! Because I just noticed that Apartment is glitching all over the place (SPA). Like it's trying to show all Apartment Styles on top of each other. A prop name conflict could cause that.

Turns out I was 100% right about this! You're re-using several names of ingame props in your Map Builder CE:

apa_mp_h_01_living_fire.ydr
    apa_mp_h_01_living_water.ydr
    apa_int_mp_h_01.ycd
    apa_mp_h_01_int_txd.ytd
    apa_mp_h_01_int_txd+hi.ytd

These props and/or names are already defined (for Eclipse Tower, Suite 1, like I said), and the general apa_mp_h_01_int_txd.ytd dictionary. DON'T DO THAT! Seriously: doing so severely spasses out Eclipse Tower, Suite 1, as you're confusing the game (probably for the exact same reason I suspected: you're instantiating game assets on a permanent basis, that are not supposed to always be there, as those fancy Eclipse Tower interiors are based on choice).

So, tl;dr, rename those apa_mp* objects (like I did for my own version), and references to their dependencies (like apa_mp_h_01_int_txd.ytd). After that, Eclipse Tower, Suite 1 is working properly again.

@OmegaKingMods I know you're working on Advanced Bump Mapping now, and no doubt it will be great, but please don't ignore this duplicate name issue: it absolute wreaks havoc on the game (even when in areas that are not immediately obvious; see above). Besides, way I see it, the apa_mp_h_01_living_* props, for instance, are likely remnants of the 'old' game props you copied first to begin with.

• @OmegaKingMods said in MapBuilderCE object oddness:

@meimeiriver Yeah @emme10 put the values in for that prop. I'll check it out :laughing:

I had a similar issue today with an object of my own. Then I realized your modern_stone prop is easily fixed too: just copy a same-size prop to a temp location, say, hardwood_floor.ydr, reimport the modern_stone floor texture to it, rename, and you're done. :) Even I was able to do as much, using openFormats.

• @meimeiriver I apologize about this issue. The props were not added by myself. I let someone else add props to Map Builder. I will remove these as soon as possible!

• @OmegaKingMods said in MapBuilderCE object oddness:

@meimeiriver I apologize about this issue. The props were not added by myself. I let someone else add props to Map Builder. I will remove these as soon as possible!

Thank you. :)

• @Dekurwinator said in MapBuilderCE object oddness:

bigger then coords of all objects in that ymap - coords of every object must fit between min/max values (min<object coords<max) if coords of object will be bigger then max or smaller then min object will be invisible in game.

What are the max bbMin/bbMax values, actually? I tried to convert a (Menyoo) huge tower to ymap yesterday, but height seemed to be an issue, even when I set the height to like 100,000m: objects started disappearing based on height nonetheless.

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.