My edited sounds don't work...

• Hi all, I recently wanted to replace melee sounds to put my owns in the game.
    I can't understand why, but I don't even hear those sounds, like if they never have been in the folder, but they are.
    So, to edit my files i used this video:

But unlike in this video, I didn't replace ALL the files, because it's reeeeeeaaally long and also i don't think that i need to replace all of them.

I don't know what i can add, it's just... it don't work and i'm really disappointed + i can't really do anything so if someone could help me.. you'll have a candy.
    Thanks~

• @KrakyLo Can you provide a better description?

• Ok but about what ?
    The files I replaced ?
    The length of the new sounds ?
    The Hz of the new sounds ?
    Tell me xD

• Plz tell me :'(

• PLEEEEAAAASE

• Banned

double face palm

• Please bring an answer instead of saying crap stuff.
    Thanks.

• Your editing was not good that's why it is not coming. And please bring more details!

• I already said it: details about WHAT ? I can't bring details if i don't know what to talk about...
    And wdym by "your editing was not good" ?

• @KrakyLo I'm just gonna presume you have mp3 files you are using to replace sounds in game. But this is what to do.
    You need to convert your audio files in audacity or ez-cd converter or similar audio editing software using the following settings: WAV PCM mono 16bit.
    Then it all depends what you are trying to replace and where the original files live. If you can let me know I can try and help you out :)

• @krissboo said in My edited sounds don't work...:

@KrakyLo I'm just gonna presume you have mp3 files you are using to replace sounds in game. But this is what to do.
    You need to convert your audio files in audacity or ez-cd converter or similar audio editing software using the following settings: WAV PCM mono 16bit.
    Then it all depends what you are trying to replace and where the original files live. If you can let me know I can try and help you out :)

FINALLY ! Thanks for bringing a real answer.
    So ! The files i try to replace are located in: mods/x64/audio/sfx/RESIDENT.rpf/melee.awc
    :D
    (i'm trying to replace the KNIFE_SLASH files, and the WOODEN_BAT - WODDEN_BAT_PED Files :p )

• @KrakyLo It's cool, I'm trying to redeem myself for getting angry at someone on here last night lol.....anyways.
    In openiv, right click on melee.awc and export to open formats (oac)

• @KrakyLo Then open the folder you extracted to and you should have a folder called melee and a file called melee.oac.

Now you need to convert your audio file to WAV PCM mono 16bit 44100hz.
    At this point I'm kinda guessing as I've only ever replaced loading music and it's a bit different but try this anyway.
    Rename your converted file to KNIFE_SLASH_1.wav (i'd only change one for now to check it works then do the rest if it does) and replace the file in melee folder. Backup the original first tho ;)
    Then in openiv right click in a blank area and select import open formats
    Select the melee folder and the melee.oac and hit open.

try that and let me know what happens. you might have to edit more files but i'm not sure.

• Thanks, i’ll try this as soon as i can :p

• @KrakyLo Did you get anywhere with this? Be nice to know if you got it fixed ;)

• Banned

@krissboo "It's cool, I'm trying to redeem myself for getting angry at someone on here last night "

Heh heh, looks like you have someone new to get angry with, LOL...

• @eshenk Well I'm just gonna assume I helped this guy out as he didn't reply with "it didn't work" so all good. And I've decided it's just dumb to get angry at people who make stupid statements on the internet because it's a waste of my time and energy ;)
    I'm just gonna lol at you guys when you reply to these kinds of threads and jump in and help anyone out - tho I might regret that decision at some point!!

• Banned

@krissboo Just for entertainment value, I went all the way to the first page in the "installation help and troubleshooting" section of the forums here, and browsed through the topics and comments. Man, if you want a good laugh, there are plenty of LYAO moments to be had for sure!

• @eshenk I know, and tbf a lot of those threads are from non-english speakers so I kinda get why they are written the way they are, but there's also no excuse for just being dumb. As I said, i'm gonna help out where I can and laugh at all other times, but you won't find me commenting "WTF" or anything - I'll leave that job up to you guys ;)

• Banned

@krissboo I help out plenty, WITH those who are reasonable, and what's that, maybe 1 out of 50 queries, LOL.

• Banned

@krissboo Also, just an FYI - found this the other day ago -

http://fastman92.com/

• @eshenk I know, I'm only messing with ya bro. ;)

As for that page you linked - is that similar to the dump thingy that was released a few weeks back. (can't remember what it was called)

• Banned

@krissboo I think you are confusing this with the heap adjuster. More heap makes it possible to push values in the gameconfig beyond the default limit, which was 500 Mb - it provides an additional 150 Mb for increased values which is insane. It is meant for those with large amounts of system RAM - anything less than 16 Gb, and it is prolly useless. The link provided appears to be talking about limits within the game engine itself. I tried it out yesterday. The thing is, I don't know how to really test this out - but other's who have faced limits with say modkit IDs, I believe would know better how to test it's usefulness.

• @eshenk hahah yeah that's the one...I have no clue about what any of that shit does ;)

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.