My edited sounds don't work...

• Hi all, I recently wanted to replace melee sounds to put my owns in the game.
    I can't understand why, but I don't even hear those sounds, like if they never have been in the folder, but they are.
    So, to edit my files i used this video:

But unlike in this video, I didn't replace ALL the files, because it's reeeeeeaaally long and also i don't think that i need to replace all of them.

I don't know what i can add, it's just... it don't work and i'm really disappointed + i can't really do anything so if someone could help me.. you'll have a candy.
    Thanks~

• @KrakyLo Can you provide a better description?

• Ok but about what ?
    The files I replaced ?
    The length of the new sounds ?
    The Hz of the new sounds ?
    Tell me xD

• Plz tell me :'(

• PLEEEEAAAASE

• double face palm

• Please bring an answer instead of saying crap stuff.
    Thanks.

• Your editing was not good that's why it is not coming. And please bring more details!

• I already said it: details about WHAT ? I can't bring details if i don't know what to talk about...
    And wdym by "your editing was not good" ?

• @KrakyLo I'm just gonna presume you have mp3 files you are using to replace sounds in game. But this is what to do.
    You need to convert your audio files in audacity or ez-cd converter or similar audio editing software using the following settings: WAV PCM mono 16bit.
    Then it all depends what you are trying to replace and where the original files live. If you can let me know I can try and help you out :)

• @krissboo said in My edited sounds don't work...:

@KrakyLo I'm just gonna presume you have mp3 files you are using to replace sounds in game. But this is what to do.
    You need to convert your audio files in audacity or ez-cd converter or similar audio editing software using the following settings: WAV PCM mono 16bit.
    Then it all depends what you are trying to replace and where the original files live. If you can let me know I can try and help you out :)

FINALLY ! Thanks for bringing a real answer.
    So ! The files i try to replace are located in: mods/x64/audio/sfx/RESIDENT.rpf/melee.awc
    :D
    (i'm trying to replace the KNIFE_SLASH files, and the WOODEN_BAT - WODDEN_BAT_PED Files :p )

• @KrakyLo It's cool, I'm trying to redeem myself for getting angry at someone on here last night lol.....anyways.
    In openiv, right click on melee.awc and export to open formats (oac)

• @KrakyLo Then open the folder you extracted to and you should have a folder called melee and a file called melee.oac.

Now you need to convert your audio file to WAV PCM mono 16bit 44100hz.
    At this point I'm kinda guessing as I've only ever replaced loading music and it's a bit different but try this anyway.
    Rename your converted file to KNIFE_SLASH_1.wav (i'd only change one for now to check it works then do the rest if it does) and replace the file in melee folder. Backup the original first tho ;)
    Then in openiv right click in a blank area and select import open formats
    Select the melee folder and the melee.oac and hit open.

try that and let me know what happens. you might have to edit more files but i'm not sure.

• Thanks, i’ll try this as soon as i can :p

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.