I have come to the conclusion that I am screwing this up and I may not know what I'm doing. I need all the help I can get now. I know for sure the ScriptHookV basic mods work for me. After that I am clueless. Does the pinned post on how to install mods, addons, scripts, etc. really work? It seemed confusing to me and that is why I couldn't follow it. Please help me by posting links to videos, posts and more so i can understand and install mods. Thanks
@Superman33 You seriously need to provide a better description on what your problems are. Mostly these 2:
I have come to the conclusion that I am screwing this up and I may not know what I'm doing. I need all the help I can get now.
Screwing what up, creating a mod? Installing a mod? Script not running like it should? Texture glitches?
Does the pinned post on how to install mods, addons, scripts, etc. really work?
Which thread in particular? I usually see multiple pinned threads that provide similar info. (There's "A quick guide to modding Grand Theft Auto V" by @ikt and then there's a thread by @V4D3R called " [README] Frequently Asked Questions: Installation Help & Troubleshooting", is it any of these?)
Yes the "A quick guide to modding Grand Theft Auto V" by @ikt. I will paste the steps I am using now. Is this correct? The problem I have with this is that I can't change into the skin mod or use the powers. For example when I click "L" and select "default player" I am supposed to get a shield but all I get is a knife through the back. The "Winter soldier" option for pressing "L' works but I can't get the skin:
- Download OpenVI: http://openiv.com of OpenIV, once OpenVI is downloaded install it. if you don't know how to install OpenVI then do this: click on ovi inside OpenVI archive, choose your language, click on continue, accept the terms of the agreement, then click on continue, choose installation path, then again click on continue, hit yes, and OpenVI should be installing. Once OpenVI is installed run OpenVI from desktop, choose GTA V and click on browse and navigate to your GTA V folder and press on it one time, then click on select folder, then click on continue, and again continue, once you are in OpenVI, click on tools, then ASI Manager, then select ASI Loader, OpenVI from the list. Make sure you have a "mods" folder in your GTA V main directory, done close OpenVI.
- Download Script hookV: http://www.dev-c.com/gtav/scripthookv/, once Script hookV is downloaded, install it. It is easy to install Script hookV, just put Script hookV.dll, Native.asi and dinput8.dll from the “bin” folder into your GTA V main directory.
3.Download Script hookV.net: https://github.com/crosire/scripthookvdotnet/releases once Script hookV is downloaded install it. It is easy to install Script hookV.net, just put Script hookV.net.dll, Script hookV.net.xml Script hookV.net.asi to your GTA V main game directory.
- Download LUA Plugin: https://www.gta5-mods.com/tools/lua-plugin-for-script-hook-v, once LUA Plugin is downloaded install it. It is easy to install LUA Plugin just put all the files in GTA V game directory.
- Download Native UI: https://github.com/Guad/NativeUI/releases/, once Native UI is downloaded install it. It is very easy to install Native UI just put Native UI.dll to scripts folder in your GTA V game directory.
- Download Captain America Script Mod: https://www.gta5-mods.com/scripts/captain-america-shield-throwing-mod, once Captain America Script Mod is downloaded install it. It is easy to install Captain America Script Mod just put Captain America files, CapShieldThrow.dll to your scripts folder. Don't ask why you need Captain America Script Mod.
- Download AddonPeds: https://www.gta5-mods.com/scripts/addonpeds-asi-pedselector, once AddonPeds is downloaded install it. if you don't know how to install AddonPeds then do this: Open scripts folder, copy PedSelector.dll and paste into your GTA V scripts folder. Run OpenVI and enable edit mod, and navigate to GTA V/mods\update\x64\data\dlcpacks, minimize OpenVI, and go to AddonPeds folder which you have downloaded, and go to dlcpacks, create a new folder called AddonPeds inside the folder dlcpacks, copy AddonPeds folder and paste it into the navigated AddonPeds folder from dlcpacks folder in OpenVI.
In OpenVI go to GTA V\mods\update\update.rpf\common\data, and you will see a xml file called dlclist.xml, extract dlclist.xml to your desktop, Open dlclist.xml and add the following line before </Paths>.
Enter new line <Item>dlcpacks:\addonpeds</Item> save and copy the dlclist.xml and paste it into GTA V\mods\update\update.rpf\common\data.
- Superman BvS Injustice 2 [Add-On Ped] 2.1 installation: Go to OpenIV edit mode, GTA V/mods\update\x64\dlcpacks\addonpeds\dlc.rpf\peds.rpf, put the following files SupermanBvS.ydd, SupermanBvS.yft, SupermanBvS.ytd, SupermanBvS.ymt, don't put the confirmation settings file. Done close OpenVI. Put the super_suit_Superman BvS Injustice 2 to Scripts\Superman files\Suits. Run AddonPeds Editor, click on Peds, New Peds, Type SupermanBvS in the Model Name text box, click on Ped Type, choose Male, click on In Stream, choose true, click on Add Ped, and then click on REBUILD Done.
- Wonder Woman BvS [Addon-On Ped] Installation: Go to GTA V/mods\update\x64\dlcpacks\addonpeds\dlc.rpf\peds.rpf, put the following files WonderWomen.ytd, WonderWomen.ytm, WonderWomen.yft, WonderWomen.ydd. Go to update/x64/dlcpacks/patchday3ng/dlc.rpf/x64/models/cdimages/weapons.rpf, put the following files w_me_capshield.ydr, w_me_capshield.ydd, w_me_nightstick.ydd, w_me_nightstick.ydr. Done close OpenVI. Run AddonPeds Editor, click on Peds, New Peds, Type WonderWomen in the Model Name text box, click on Ped Type, choose female, click on In Stream, choose true, click on Add Ped, and then, click on REBUILD Done close the application. Go to GTAV\scripts\Captain America files, and click on Default Player, and scroll down, you will a text called ASSIGNED PED MODEL = Player_One Rename that text to ASSIGNED PED MODEL = Wonder Woman done save and close the ini file, open the Winter Soldier ini file and you will see a text called
NAME OF WEAPON TO THROW = Bat rename that name to NAME OF WEAPON TO THROW = nightstick again scroll down and you will see
ASSIGNED PED MODEL = Player_One so you have to rename it again to ASSIGNED PED MODEL = Wonder Women save and close the ini file and start the game.
To be Superman: In game press "L" to open Ped Selector Menu and you will see SupermanBvS in the Ped Selector, Select SupermanBvS. Done now you should be able to play as Superman.
To be Wonder Women: In game press "Ctrl + I", and the menu will pop up, then go to Default Player, and then click on Enable Player Powers And Change Ped model, and then the player should change to Wonder Woman, and again press Ctrl + I to open the menu and go to Winter Soldier and click on Enable Player Powers And Change Ped model. Done now you should be able to play as Wonder Women
Now AddonPeds editor isn't working. It's from Addon 3.0.1
This post is deleted!
This post is deleted!
Nevermind. I didn't put the addonpeds vars folder with the addonpeds editor. Stupid me. If I still can't get my mods to install and work I'll let you know
Ok so I got the Superman mod to work from julionib. How do I get the Wonder Woman mod to work from @Barak101 ? I put the folders in mods\update\x64\dlcpacks\addonpeds\dlc.rpf\peds.rpf but when I select the skin in game by pressing "Ctrl+l" it doesn't work and the shield doesn't show up when I click "Default player" and then click "Enable player powers and change ped model". All I get is a knife sticking out the back