WHAT FILES YOU SHOULD BACKUP TO KEEP PLAYING BEFORE THE NEXT UPDATE??

• HELLO EVERYBODY, I WANT TO KNOW WHAT FILES SHOULD I BACKUP TO KEEP PLAYING WHILE THE NEW SCRIPTHOOK AND ALL THAT STUFF UPDATES AFTER THE NEW DLC COMING IN 2 DAYS, JUST IN CASE MY GAME UPDATES ITSELF ( STEAM VERSION) THANK YOU

• @ReNNie (big smoke OOOH (since there wasn't a proper one on YouTube))

• Hold on there, no need to shout.

• Consider reading existing topics about this.

Updating game

Rockstar releases new DLC from time to time. Some mods keep working, other break. Here's a basic guide of steps to take to prevent this, or to get back up and running quickly!

Disabling all mods

Moving or renaming dinput8.dll will stop ScriptHookV, ScriptHookVDotNet and OpenIV from loading. If you properly >used OpenIV's mod folder, this disables all mods and you should be able to play the unmodded game and even join a GTA:O session.

Reverting the update (downgrade game)

BEFORE a new DLC update drops, Rockstar hypes it up. Once a new DLC is announced, ensure you have a backup of the following files

• GTAV_root/update/update.rpf
    • GTAV_root/GTA5.exe
    • GTAV_root/GTAVLauncher.exe
    • steam_api64.dll

It's smart to label these. I put them in a folder with the executable version. For Smuggler's Run, this is v1.0.1180.2. When the next update drops and you want to revert, back up the new files and replace them with your old backups.

• @ReNNie lol 😂

• @ikt thank you bro, i ve looked for some info here in the forums but i found so much confusing information id rather to ask. Have a nice day

• You can also have an "automagic" way to do this using RPH to make a backup (before a new DLC release) and then use it to revert the game to the 'old' version until the new stuff is ready.
    (not a shill for RPH, just lazy and it does it all for me)

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.