Game will not start up since update

• Right so ever since the update my game won't boot up for some reason, The social club thing comes up as it always does then i get a little spinning icon on my cursor eventually the social club bit comes back up saying 'Grand Theft Auto exited unexpectedly'

I Did have quite a lot of mods before the update so i think it could be something to do with that maybe? Or would i have to copy the updated Update.RPF into my mods folder again?

Still fairly new to this so yeah

• Updates break mods. ScriptHookV is not updated yet so you can't use ScriptHookV and ScriptHookVDotNet scripts yet, but OpenIV should stilll work. You do need to update update.rpf

• Right, that's fine but i've deleted my mods folder out of the game directory and still wont load, reinstalled the game and it still wont boot up, I Have no idea what's wrong with my game

• I made a simple guide about all this that's pinned: https://forums.gta5-mods.com/topic/14693/quick-start-guide-to-modding-grand-theft-auto-v/

Specifically, just disabling dinput8.dll will stop all mods from working (well, aside from enbseries but that's not a problem) so the game should launch fine. You can also disable openiv.asi so archive mods are not loaded (if you used the mods folder method). Disabling ScriptHookV.dll just disables all SHV-based scripts.

• Yeah but i've uninstalled the game and reinstalled the game in a new location on my other hard drive and it's still not booting, no mods no nothing, basically a fresh copy of the game and it's not booting

• @GavinsBeard
    If there are no mod remnants and it still doesn't want to launch, try removing your settings (Documents\Rockstar Games\GTA V\settings.xml). Otherwise ask R*.

• @GavinsBeard I seem to remember we can start GTA V with a verify parameter (which repairs the game in case it's messed up) but I forgot how exactly.
    Could be this ->

but I don't feel like watching the 6 minutes as I am not personally affected.

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.