I need help with a Map Editor function

• Hello. I just recently started using Map Editor and there is one thing I can't get to work. I need someone to help me cause I've been losing my mind.

I'm trying to set up an add-on car meet at a parking lot. However, I can't get the Map Editor to spawn the cars for me. Thing is, add-on vehicles aren't in the Map Editor vehicleslist.ini, so I found that I have to use the Hash Generator in OpenIV to find out the hash number for the add-on vehicle based on its spawn name. I can't get that shit to work and I want to know what I'm doing wrong.

I have like 10 add-on cars. So what I did was go to OpenIV, open hash generator and just type the spawn name of my first add-on car - fc3s and clicked generate. It generated me the (dec) number and I copied it and pasted it into the vehicleslist.ini of the map editor. That worked. The car was showing in the Map Editor and I could spawn it fine. Then comes the problem. I do the exact same thing with the second car - 180sx. It generates the number, I put it into the ini file and when I went back into the game, Map Editor doesn't want to open.

I tried removing the first add-on car, I tried removing one other regular car from the list, I tried removing half the list of vehicles, nothing works. It seems like Map Editor reads only the fc3s. Why? I saw many people upload car meet maps. I can't put more than one add-on car into the vehicles ini file? When the hash generator generates me the (dec) number, do I have to click ''save to file'' option? I didn't do that. Do I have to copy the generated number to the objects ini instead of vehicles? I'm out of ideas. I really want to know what I'm doing wrong and why my Map Editor won't read more than one add-on vehicle?

• @BrianThompson said in I need help with a Map Editor function:

I'm trying to set up an add-on car meet at a parking lot. However, I can't get the Map Editor to spawn the cars for me. Thing is, add-on vehicles aren't in the Map Editor vehicleslist.ini, so I found that I have to use the Hash Generator in OpenIV to find out the hash number for the add-on vehicle based on its spawn name. I can't get that shit to work and I want to know what I'm doing wrong.

Having the hashes and/or car model names of your addon cars is pointless when you don't have a program that can spawn them in their fully tuned state. Only Menyoo can do that (properly). You could try and use I'm Not MentaL's Persistence Mod, but it's known to have issues. Caveat emptor.

In Menyoo, you can simply exit your car (tuned or not), and then select the car, add it to the dbase, and save it as a spawnable map. And you can do that for many cars in the same map, of course.

The wisdom of creating a (fully tuned) parking lot consisting of high-poly addon cars is another matter, of course.

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.