Game won't launch using batch files

• 0_1515455186741_1.PNG
    So I did all the steps above and set up correctly but when I click on the batch file to launch the game, a pop-up window said "Error code:115 the game was not launched via steam client." Is there a way to fix it? or this batch is for non-steam

• @ERIFLLEH said in Game won't launch using batch files:

So I did all the steps above and set up correctly but when I click on the batch file to launch the game, a pop-up window said "Error code:115 the game was not launched via steam client." Is there a way to fix it? or this batch is for non-steam

You answered your own question: the game was not launched via steam client.

The fix is easy: just adapt the batch file to not actually start the launcher; then start the game via STEAM (or a STEAM shortcut you may have on your desktop). And regard the batch file merely as a pre-selector tool.

• @ERIFLLEH @meimeiriver Sorry if I sound stupid but why two installations with 75+ GB each if you can simply just move out dinput8.dll and scripthookv.dll when you want to play online? Or if you like batch files so much then let a batch file rename those dlls with .off at the end for online mode and vice versa?

• @Cyron43 said in Game won't launch using batch files:

@ERIFLLEH @meimeiriver Sorry if I sound stupid but why two installations with 75+ GB each if you can simply just move out dinput8.dll and scripthookv.dll when you want to play online? Or if you like batch files so much then let a batch file rename those dlls with .off at the end for online mode and vice versa?

Personally, I don't play Online at all. :) But I can see why one would want two entirely separate environments. Keep in mind that disabling those things you mentioned still leaves the OpenIV implementation of mods in place. I've heard even having made modifications to an apartment interior can get you banned. So, I can readily see the charm of having a plain vanilla version of the game around, to be absolutely safe.

Also, personally, I have made many modifications to the game: removed bushes and entire LOD groups (because I wanted to build a home there); and edited 'start' and 'end' ytyp files (all in mods folder, of course), to the degree I doubt I could replay the game anymore in Storyline mode even, without it breaking somehow.

• @Cyron43 Well I just saw this on the forum and wanted to try it out, but your idea is pretty good too.

• @meimeiriver The OpenIV modifications are hooked via openiv.asi and this one doesn't load if scripthookv.dll is renamed to scripthookv.dll.off (if you use a mods folder which I am sure you do).

• @Cyron43 said in Game won't launch using batch files:

@meimeiriver The OpenIV modifications are hooked via openiv.asi and this one doesn't load if scripthookv.dll is renamed to scripthookv.dll.off (if you use a mods folder which I am sure you do).

OpenIV.ASI does not rely on scripthookv.dll in anyway. So, it does not matter how it named.

• @GooD-NTS And what if I rename openiv.asi to openiv.asi.off?

• @Cyron43 if you want to disable all mods, rename (or remove, for example in OpenIV's ASI Manager) ASI Loader (dinput8.dll). Without ASI Loader all ASI mods will not work including OpenIV.ASI and game will load original files and not use "mods" folder.

• @GooD-NTS Okay so it's just dinput8.dll.off and scripthoolv.dll.off then? That's cool and saves us 75+ GB of drive space but I could swear I said exactly that in my first comment. :slight_smile:

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.