NEED HELP all my dlc.rpf foles turned into winrar

• I need some help I have windows 10 and my cousin accidently changed all my dlc.rpf files into WinRAR looking files how do I fix this to restore the RPFs back to normal please thanks

I'm guessing your cousin tried to open the RPF file with WinRAR and therefore created a file assosiation. Try the fix from here.

• @Jitnaught well I looked what you sent me but I really don't know what to do if I get team viewer do you think you can help me restore all my rpf files?

@TR71777 Can you still view them in OpenIV?

• @Jitnaught yes but I still wont be able to use the mods that use the rpfs cause as soon as I download one it changes to the WinRAR :(

@TR71777 It sounds like it's not actually changing to a WinRAR archive, but only has the icon of WinRAR because of the file association. That would mean that you shouldn't have any problems installing mods.

• well I tried to uninstall WinRAR and when I did that it went back to normal but as soon as I renstall WinRAR the rpf files went back to WinRAR I am not that computer smart I tried the methods that was given to me but I still don't know where to look for and where to go :(

@TR71777 Try following the link I sent earlier, which will remove the file association with WinRAR. Here's instructions specific for you:

• Open the start menu, type "regedit" (without quotes), and press enter.
    • Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts (in the tree-view on the left)
    • Once you're in FileExts (you've clicked on it in the tree-view) look for the sub-key named ".rpf" (without quotes), right-click it, and delete it.
    • Now navigate to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\
    • Then again look for ".rpf" and remove it.
    • After that close regedit. If you're on Windows 10 everything should be fixed, otherwise you'll need to restart explorer.exe (restart your PC).

• @Jitnaught I did what you told me to do and its not working I guess I have uninstall WinRAR and the mods are read in openiv but the game or the mods folder don't read it due to the .rpfs stuck in WinRAR :( if I install team viewer would you look at it for me?

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.