Could GTA V be running out of ymap memory?!

• Could GTA V be running out of ymap memory?!

I've been experiencing weird issues of late: Character Swap mod hanging upon hash-change, Menyoo having apparently no memory left to spawn any object in the vicinity of my home. My build consists of 2972 objects (547 unique). Is that a lot?! I figure the game itself must have areas with much more.

Okay, so Menyoo can spawn objects again when I'm not near my home. THAT I can follow. But the Character Swap mods hangs, even when I try it at Franklin's house (my home is at Cassidy Trail, way, way across the pond). THAT I don't understand. (If I remove my 3 ymaps, it works again, btw)

The truly weird part is, is that this has happened once before too; and then, after a few weeks, the map gradually 'healed' itself, LOL. I know that sounds dumb, but I can assure you the map had only gotten bigger since.

Which also leaves archive corruption (OpenIV?) as an option; but all objects are visibly accounted for: nothing appears to be missing.

Any pointers someone could give me would be highly appreciated.

• P.S. There are no graphical glitches in the map, btw; no disappearing/half-loaded textures or anything. The map itself behaves completely normally.

• Could you make video demonstrating this? Very curious. I believe I can help with this

• @zeroxzerotwo said in Could GTA V be running out of ymap memory?!:

Could you make video demonstrating this? Very curious. I believe I can help with this

I really hope you can help me with this. :) And please excuse the crudity of the vid: I'm not proficient at video editing, but I believe the vid illustrates the issue quite well, nonetheless.

For starters, I am spawning a few of the huge garage hanging lamps at Franklin's house. They spawn there just fine. Then I go to my remodeled home (at Cassidy Trail) I've been working on for the last few months. As you can see from the quick tour (actually, you can't, LOL, but trust me on this one), every object is accounted for, and there are no discernable anomalies.

Then I go try spawning those hanging lamps again, from inside my fancy home. Nada. Not only does Menyoo not spawn them, it doesn't even show them any more! Then I try and copy an object; Menyoo seemingly has it recorded; but, when you check the database, turns out the object is marked as 'Invalid.'

Seems the game is running out of Entity space or something (but not to the point where the objects/map isn't fully loading any more). I tried upping some gameconfig values, like MapDataStore, but to no avail.

Here's the vid:

• The address in memory of the entity pool is out of memory is the only explanation I can come up with. You might need to do research on that.

But to clarify why this may not be solvable is because if you notice... GTA 5 never has more than 10 builds you can enter if almost none of them have windows inside them. Maybe at least 4. Every other building in GTA 5 you can not simply just enter.

Reason being is to save memory and performance. You can't have a massive world with so much detail and then adding another layer (the houses and building and transparent windows ) because it takes a lot memory and cpu to draw all that.

in simpler terms. Your getting this error because your house is not optimize and everything being called in memory to make that house is being called as a SOLID object taking up more ram and memory. I'm not a house or map editor but they're may or may not be a solution for this. It's just the way RAGE engine was made.

If you really want this house to work out for you. You can make a plugin/script using SCRIPT HOOK V or RAGE Plugin Hook and make it so that when you enter this house or coordinates of that area. The cars and trees outside the house despawn making more memory for the house.

The dev of menyoo made this statement on GTAFROUMS.com (more technical site)
    alt text

• @zeroxzerotwo said in Could GTA V be running out of ymap memory?!:

You can't have a massive world with so much detail and then adding another layer (the houses and building and transparent windows ) because it takes a lot memory and cpu to draw all that.

Well, the Cassidy Trail area is pretty deserted as it is: it's just hills and a waterfall. Unload anything more, and you're sitting on bare LODs. :)

What do you know about loading a ymap 'on-demand'?! I could make a Milo-loader for it, and only load the ymap when I'm near it (and, subsequently, unload it when I'm gone). Are there C# natives for that?

Also, yes, I get the thing about car attachments; but a home is not a car, of course (unless you're trailer trash, LOL). Seriously, though, way I understand things, either you load the entire ymap, or not at all. And it's not spawned in Menyoo, so it cannot despawn parts of it either. But if I could load in on-demand, that would be good. :)

Thanks for your detailed reply, btw. I'm going to fiddle around with Entity memory settings a bit more, and see whether maybe that will help.

• There is this mod called LSPDFR+ where it's an extension to LSPDFR. They have this script that plays out a heist and it despawns cars that enter the area of a street the heist is taking place on. So I believe you can yes.

To see what natives you need when coding refer to the GTAFORUMS.com (more techy people over on that site)
    and here is a native DB
    http://www.dev-c.com/nativedb/

• Hmm, it just occured to me I have other (big) builds too: not nearby, but their streamingExtents nonetheless encompass the entire world! (The default from the CustomMaps mod). Maybe I need to play with those first.

• I generally know shit when it comes to tweaking gameconfigs (apart from the most used car and ped options), but, by golly, I solved it! :) I did so by changing the following gameconfig entries to these values:

<Item>
    		<PoolName>IplStore</PoolName>
    		<PoolSize value="4000"/>
    	</Item>
    	<Item>
    		<PoolName>MapDataStore</PoolName>
    		<PoolSize value="60000"/>
    	</Item>
    	<Item>
    	<PoolName>Object</PoolName>
    		<PoolSize value="3300"/>
    	</Item>

If 'Object' is what I think it is, which was set at 3200, then, at 2972 objects in my ymap, looks like I was dangerously close to the edge. I can probably lower 'IplStore' store, btw, but I figured I might as well increase for my MILO idea.

• Good on you @meimeiriver and thnx for reporting back

I wish editing values like these would circumvent the ERR_FIL_PACK_1 too. Sadly it won't.

I'm gonna check if editing these helps me with the LOD0 texture bug from game start when I've got too many dlc maps (RDR, Ambush, Spa, Nurburgring, etc) all enabled

• @ReNNie said in Could GTA V be running out of ymap memory?!:

editing values like these would circumvent the ERR_FIL_PACK_1 too. Sadly it won't

It probably does, but you need to get the right variables and values, and often a combination thereof, making this kind of tuning near impossible without proper documentation. And set even 1 value too high or something, like I did yesterday, and literally half the world suddenly only exists of low LODS (for example, do NOT set MapDataStore to 70000).

@meimeiriver It will not. I explained why in our Discord server:

• And that packfile limit is what's holding us back imho

But this is sidetracking this thread. Sorry mei.

• @ReNNie said in Could GTA V be running out of ymap memory?!:

And that packfile limit is what's holding us back imho

But this is sidetracking this thread. Sorry mei.

No, sorry for giving you false hope re the ERR_FIL_PACK_1. I remember having those a few times, when I just started on GTA V. I kinda forgot it can't be solved with a config.

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.