[WIP] SwitchV

• A few words

While I was developping WarV I got tired of the respawning process after dying in gunfight. Even waiting for a medic to revive me was taking too long (thanks R* for the amazing NPC pathfinding xd) and I always liked the vanilla character switch system. Therefore I tried writing my own character switch for the player's ped group - a.k.a bodyguards - and I came up with this. Real credits goes to SWAT4 devs who inspired me to do this in a totally different game and engine.
    Now that I regaigned some interest in GTA5, I'm trying to polish and finish this mod as intended.

Description

Written in C++,

This mod allows the player to :

• Switch between his ped group members
    • Keep the current ped task while switching
    • Squad lead from any member

Version

• Current : 0.3

Issues

• Because lot of people use Menyoo and NativeTrainer, the script is not able to work properly when the player model gets reverted. I guess I will have to hook the SET_PLAYER_MODEL native to prevent this behaviour.

Media

Old footage :

@winject Cool!! Really like it! :ok_hand_tone1:
    I don't know why but I have the feeling of that I was able to do such switching on another game (without mods), but I don't remember witch :/

• @Reyser said in [WIP] SwitchV:

@winject Cool!! Really like it! :ok_hand_tone1:
    I don't know why but I have the feeling of that I was able to do such switching on another game (without mods), but I don't remember witch :/

Driver San Francisco :red_car:

Skip to 1:10

@winject You should add ped vehicle swapping too.

• @winject Pretty damn awesome dude!
    One suggestion: Add a proper camera panning from the old ped to the new one. I recently learned how to do it and it will give the mod a free and really cool vanilla-looking effect.

SET_CAM_ACTIVE_WITH_INTERP is your friend and you can reach me if you need help.

• That's very cool man. It's kind of like the Respawn Faster mod. I kind of prefer this though because the whole downtime between deaths is a waste of time.

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.