How to increase the ped limit from 256?

• I am attempting to spawn in many peds but at 256 peds they stop spawning. Is there a way to increase this number or somehow freeze peds so that they persist while allowing more to spawn in? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

• It's hardcoded as far as I know. The game engine doesn't like being pushed beyond what it was designed for when it comes to ped memory management.

• @jctwood said in How to increase the ped limit from 256?:

I am attempting to spawn in many peds but at 256 peds they stop spawning. Is there a way to increase this number or somehow freeze peds so that they persist while allowing more to spawn in? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

And the next thing that will happen is you come complaining your game crashes all the time. There' a reason for the limit.

• That makes sense, I recently discovered the peds pool size in gameconfig.xml and have tried editing that with no luck. I am trying to go through old gameconfigs which do it but can't figure out how to increase the memory allocation to allow more peds to exist.

@Cyron43 said in How to increase the ped limit from 256?:

There' a reason for the limit

Yup.
    Short-sighted gamedevelopers at R* or their puppeteers at T2 not wanting to support to a thriving modding communtiy is one for starters.

@jctwood you have not only edited the peds pool size but also the values more down that included limits on the amount of ambient peds?
    All in all there's 3 or 4 numbers involving the ped population

• @ReNNie Thank you for mentioning the ambient ped values, I had not seen those. I will try tweaking them all now.

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.