[SCRIPT][RELEASED]Traction Control System
Here's a little mod I did for myself, and some of you may enjoy: Traction Control System.
It does basically what it says in the tin; here you can find a short video showing what it can do:
I started this because I wanted to drive high-torque low-traction muscle cars 'normally' (as in your daily commute) with my keyboard without them sliding all over the place, but it evolved into a full-on mod.
This mod does NOT cheat (in other words, it does not modify any handling and/or grip characteristics, nor does it modify physics). It almost works like its real-life counterpart: it analyzes forward wheel slip and makes millisecond adjustments to the user's input to compensate. Not to be confused with a full-fledged EPS; steering input will still make the vehicle slide.
Compatible with everything and anything. Configurable activation key and image.
It does not engage when in reverse... not sure if it does in real vehicles.
- Brake lights are occasionally lit a millisecond at a time when the system engages.
- The TCS on/off image flickers in menus (e.g., when bringing up the radio selection menu).
Simple, elegant and useful
So I finally got around to working on upgrading this to a new version, including features requested by users as well as bug fixes.
Here's the changelog:
- FEATURE: The TCS image is now hidden when the phone, radio wheel or character wheel is brought up.
- FEATURE: New INI option ONLYSHOWIMAGEWHENACTIVE; if active, the TCS image is ONLY shown when TCS is engaged.
- FEATURE FOR DEVS: Publicly exposed the TCSactive variable so other mods can activate/deactivate TCS if they wish.
- FIX: Fixed the bug where brake lights would flicker on and off - All credit goes to Eddlm
- FIX: Fixed the TCS image flickering under certain circumstances.
- FIX: TCS now limited to wheeled vehicles, as it should.
- Changed the default key to "K" since some people complained.