How can i make the Deluxo into a police car?

• Since i play a lot of LSPDFR, I was wondering if it is possible to change the Deluxo into a police car? I looked up some modelling tutorials and it seems pretty easy to just attach some sirens to a car, but i doubt that It's enough to just do that? I mean is there any kind of "flag" i need to change for the vehicle to behave like a police car and also work in LSPDFR?

And yes, i think it would be quite funny to have a flying police car haha.

Thanks!

• @Xane

1. Create a police deluxo as addon car and install it.

2. Start OpenIV and go to mods\update\update.rpf\common\data\ai\

3. Copy vehiclemodelsets.meta to the desktop and add your new vehicle into the CAmbientModelSet section named police.

4. Switch OpenIV to edit mode and copy the modified vehiclemodelsets.meta back to it's place.

5. Get a decrypted verstion of the popgroups.ymt here -> https://pastebin.com/29RWp0DJ or in case you installed my versatile traffic mod you should use this of course. The same goes for any other mod which implements a modified popgroups.ymt (like world of variety for example).

6. Add your new vehicle into the VEH_COPCAR section of the popgroups.ymt

7. Go to mods\update\update.rpf\x64\levels\gta5\ in OpenIV.

8. Place that modified popgroups.ymt to it's place.

Please note: There is no way to see NPCs flying with the deluxo because (to my knowledge) R* did not implement any code for this.

• @Cyron43 said in How can i make the Deluxo into a police car?:

@Xane

1. Create a police deluxo as addon car and install it.

2. Start OpenIV and go to mods\update\update.rpf\common\data\ai\

3. Copy vehiclemodelsets.meta to the desktop and add your new vehicle into the CAmbientModelSet section named police.

4. Switch OpenIV to edit mode and copy the modified vehiclemodelsets.meta back to it's place.

5. Get a decrypted verstion of the popgroups.ymt here -> https://pastebin.com/29RWp0DJ or in case you installed my versatile traffic mod you should use this of course. The same goes for any other mod which implements a modified popgroups.ymt (like world of variety for example).

6. Add your new vehicle into the VEH_COPCAR section of the popgroups.ymt

7. Go to mods\update\update.rpf\x64\levels\gta5\ in OpenIV.

8. Place that modified popgroups.ymt to it's place.

Please note: There is no way to see NPCs flying with the deluxo because (to my knowledge) R* did not implement any code for this.

Thank you very much! Will try this soon. And i don't really care about the AI.s driving the deluxo. I wanna be the "unique" cop hehe :D

• @Xane I guess you need the parts regarding vehiclemodelsets.meta anyway for LSPDFR to recognize it as a cop car but I'm not sure about this. Better ask in the LSPDFR forum.

• @Cyron43 said in How can i make the Deluxo into a police car?:

@Xane I guess you need the parts regarding vehiclemodelsets.meta anyway for LSPDFR to recognize it as a cop car but I'm not sure about this. Better ask in the LSPDFR forum.

I will ask there also then to be safe. I will report back my progress. Cheers :)

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.