Gonna share something, and move on...

• Banned

Yesterday I reached my final point with this game. To troubleshoot the frequent crashes I have been dealing with for the past few weeks now, I installed CAM software - I wanted to see how my GTAV was performing under duress. I want to tell you that at no time did I ever eat up more than 4.3 Gb of vRam, and never seen it rise above say 2.5 Gb of system memory - all very good, BUT.....CPU usage is absolutely frightening. Even on the in-game pause menu, CPU was operating at 50% capacity with temps around 76 degrees Celsius - ingame, temps consistently hovered between high 80s up to 95 degrees Celsius! So totally unacceptable, and was the final nail in the coffin for me. Those temps are just WAY too high.

Just letting people know my findings....my CPU is an 1-7 4790k, and this is the performance I am getting? Anyhow, I decided it's high time I start playing and modding Fallout4 - a game I have never even fired up, LOL.

• @eshenk that what happen when you wanna increase traffic and ped and remplace texture by higher res one xD

• @eshenk Just to make your report complete: all fans, vents and cooling fins are dust free, right?

• @eshenk For starters, I have an i7 6700K. Those CPU's should not run at 80C-90C. Top temperature, at 100% persistent load, should still remain in the low 70C. Consider a better cooling solution.

CPU-usage for this game is, indeed, high. Can't say it really bothers me all that much, though -- even though I'm a bit surprised by it (high GPU usage, otoh, is to be expected). In fact, I'm almost glad there's a game which is finally using all my CPU. :)

Seriously, though, of the troubles with this game, it using my CPU -- even heftily -- is the least of my issues with it.

• Banned

@meimeiriver Funny thing - with FO4 - the exact opposite is true - GPU was always operating at near 100%, while CPU was minimally involved, LOL. The issue with GTAV is that generating so much vehicles is very CPU intensive, and am too spoiled to significantly shave away traffic densities so as to have more reasonable CPU temps! It's been really fun to rejoin my old stomping grounds over at Nexus again, and the F04 modding community is so much MORE vibrant and interesting! I am not saying I will never play the game again, but I have a new interest that is more exciting to me at the moment, LOL

• @eshenk A lot of ppl mention Fallout 4. I don't see the attraction. Seems like a post-apocalyptic world, where everything is broken. Are there cars in it?! :P Can you make maps? Build your own homes?

It's pretty cheap now on STEAM, though, so if any of the above holds true, I may look into it, after all.

• @meimeiriver Yes, if you install mods. Yes. Yes.

• @Vicoliver said in Gonna share something, and move on...:

@meimeiriver Yes, if you install mods. Yes. Yes.

Wonderful! :) Thx.

• @eshenk said in Gonna share something, and move on...:

The issue with GTAV is that generating so much vehicles is very CPU intensive, and am too spoiled to significantly shave away traffic densities so as to have more reasonable CPU temps!

Why, not only are you unwilling 'to significantly shave away traffic densities,' from what I understood, you're generally going out of your way to increase them tenfold. :P

But yeah, I suppose traffic takes CPU; and all those peds behind the wheel, bobbing to the tunes of their radios, or saying something; and walking peds. I'm still surprised it takes that much CPU, though (even on my install, with default traffic densities). But as long as the CPU doesn't become the bottleneck, it's all good.

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.