Interior Editing

• (Sorry if this post is incoherent and all over the place) I'd like to know if anybody knows when you are inside an interior, what controls when the outside world or the interior is culled? By my reference picture 3, I'm going to assume there must be some sort of culling determiner. If i'm adding a modified interior that is outside the culling determiner and the player steps into where the modified interior is, then the interior stops being visible and things outside the house become visible. By reference picture 4, I want to be able to modify the culling determiner so that when the player steps into the modified interior, it stays visible. 1 (https://imgur.com/Neb0IqO) 2 (https://imgur.com/oxN4CT1) 3 (https://imgur.com/FuZdWHC) 4 (https://imgur.com/L4Wo4X0)

• @GTAmer4567 said in Interior Editing:

post is incoherent and all over the place

You're right: your post is incoherent and all over the place. :P So, not sure what you mean exactly, but I assume you are talking about streaming entities, that govern each ymap (like bbMin/bbMax of an object, but then the streaming bounding box of the entire map). You can change these entities yourself (do this is mods only). The max you can set (= the entire world) is:

<streamingExtentsMin x="-10554.50000000" y="-5555.68100000" z="-969.69690000"/>
      <streamingExtentsMax x="9445.50300000" y="14444.32000000" z="5030.30300000"/>
      <entitiesExtentsMin x="-10554.50000000" y="-5555.68100000" z="-969.69690000"/>
      <entitiesExtentsMax x="9445.50300000" y="14444.32000000" z="5030.30300000"/>

That will encompass the entire in-game world. :) A better way is to create, say, 4 dummy, outer corner markers, around the entire build you need to have stay visible, in Menyoo, and then run this map thru ME2YMAP, so you'll get a clean set of streaming entities, to be used for the map you're editing.

• Thanks but that wasn't exactly what i meant, but that may help me down the road. Maybe this video (

) can show you what I mean.

• @GTAmer4567 Hmm, that is actually a lot trickier. You need to define a section in '<rooms>' in v_int_24.ytyp (relative coordinates from the MILO base, at hei_ch2_05c_interior_v_franklinshouse_milo_). Any object therein must be 'attached' to said room. Attached objects are a 'dumb', linearly numbered array, so any object you add must be appened at the end of the defined ytyp objects, and not somewhere inbetween, or things will start to go extremely wrong! :)

Then there are the portals. For the bad news, I don't understand how these work. :( I have asked several times, here, but no one replied, sadly (I was studying them for mirrors). Those define visible 'scopes', but I don't get how these vectors are supposed to work:

<corners content="vector3_array">
            1.85660400	-6.90950500	0.01232946
            1.85660400	-6.90950500	3.25333300
            -4.54931600	-6.90950500	3.25333300
            -4.54931600	-6.90950500	0.01232946
          </corners>

I suck at math, so that's probably got something to do with it. They're not regular coordinates, though (not even relative one).

So, long story short, I hope someone will step in/up and finally explain these!

EDIT: I also haven't figured out how the portals 'from-to' relationships work.

• Hey thanks! and maybe when the portals equal 0 its the outside? From-to might mean when you enter one room from another and each room has a specified number assigned to it? idk

Hey thanks! and maybe when the portals equal 0 its the outside? From-to might mean when you enter one room from another and each room has a specified number assigned to it? idk

I'm working on MILO stuff now; but if you do figure it out, be sure to share, won't ya!? :)

• Mkay!

Hey thanks! and maybe when the portals equal 0 its the outside? From-to might mean when you enter one room from another and each room has a specified number assigned to it? idk

I'm not that smart, LOL. No, seriously, I tried to examine these portal numbers, hard as I might, but couldn't figure out a sensible relationship between them. I you do find it out, you'll be my new hero! :)

• Haha okay! I'll try to tell you if I discover anything

• @meimeiriver like @GTAmer4567 said every room got own id, 0 is for outside.
    Now for example v_int_36 got two rooms - one main (room1) and one on back. (room 2). Portals are evry doors and windows, <corners content="vector3_array"> determines coords (x,y,z) for every corner of 4 for every portal (corners for door or window). So room 2 will have <portalCount value="1"/> - cuz there only one door to main room but room 2 will have <portalCount value="4"/> cuz have doors to room 2, doors to outside and two windows to outside.

its just how i think how it is, cuz theres no tutorials for it or didnt find any other info about it but when i will know more will post it and btw editing of interiors will be supported in CW in future

• @Dekurwinator said in Interior Editing:

@meimeiriver like @GTAmer4567 said every room got own id, 0 is for outside.
    Now for example v_int_36 got two rooms - one main (room1) and one on back. (room 2). Portals are evry doors and windows, <corners content="vector3_array"> determines coords (x,y,z) for every corner of 4 for every portal (corners for door or window). So room 2 will have <portalCount value="1"/> - cuz there only one door to main room but room 2 will have <portalCount value="4"/> cuz have doors to room 2, doors to outside and two windows to outside.

its just how i think how it is, cuz theres no tutorials for it or didnt find any other info about it but when i will know more will post it and btw editing of interiors will be supported in CW in future

You're a brilliant man! I think you just gave me the solution to the mirror issue I was having (mirrors stay black); but the way you explained those portals, I now think mirrors work to create a visible 3D scope from roomFrom to roomTo. I'm going to experiment with this rightaway!! Thanks again!

• @Dekurwinator said in Interior Editing:

and btw editing of interiors will be supported in CW in future

I completely missed this part! That is great news! :) I was just poking @skylumz a bit today, to have him add conversion to relative coordinates (MILO-style) to his YTools. I've been messing around a bit with a Perl script myself, to try and do some crude conversion, but the Quaternations keep tripping me up.

So, if editing MILO interiors to CodeWalker became a reality, that would be totally awesome! (For now, it just 'snaps back' an object you try and move therein). I'm not 100% sure, but I think objects inside a MILO need to be attached to the room they're in, too.

You guys are the best!

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.