Which Modders Produce the Better Quality Mods?

• Some modders do mods for free and ask nothing in return. they share their mods here, after weeks or months of work. Happy with it ? cool. Not happy ? leave and stop complaining because the mod dont meet absolutely all your standars.

Like meta said, you have no knwoledge of how mods tools work and how a simple mod can end in many many hours of troubleshot for a single thing that only one person cry about (let say an interior thats missing some poly near the door)

Just like i said, you can complain, but there is a time when it start to drive crazy people.

I mean, how can one keep complaining about something they actualy never bothered doing a

T
    E
    S
    T

"TEST!!! Do I need to make a video tutorial on "How to test your GTA V mods before you upload for dummies" guide?"

Guy think he'll be taken seriously. Enought is enought, you're a little jerk.
    There is planty of videos on how to make a vehicle mod for gta on youtube.

Proove you're a decent person, taste your medicine and stop crying. That the very end for me, i'm just sick of people like you.

• @baba0rum Oh another one of those people who jump to conclusions without even reading. If you are okay with mods that crash your game or don't work at all then fine but you need to understand that even free mods which took months of development should meet a minimum standard and that is

1. don't crash the game
    2. works as advertised

Speaking of advertisements. If some modder claims his work is the ultimate expansion to GTA V I am expecting exactly this. Otherwise he is nothing but a big mouthed liar! If someone doesn't give a damn about quality and testing he should just say "my mod is crap because I don't give a sh!t" and I wouldn't complain but of course they don't. Why is that, i ask you.

• @GTA-Modding-Noob I have no idea what your goal is here, but the way you act do not support you alleged goal to find quality mods. Im out of here, I have no interest spending any more time on this meaningless babble . I wish you good luck since I think you need it, have fun :)

• @xxx78 err bye :)

• Speaking of fairness. I just found this on page 1 of this very thread:
    alt text
    So someone dislikes that my VAutodrive mod doesn't send fleeing NPC drivers to some waypoint. Why should they? That's not fleeing but bulk delivery of vehicles and totally out of scope! I have always said they flee from you! It's in the guide and in the description, yet someone doesn't see his idea fulfilled and gives me a dislike just because. That's what I call unfair! :exclamation:
    @TheMurderousCricket or whoever did that.

EDIT: Things have been cleared now. @TheMurderousCricket was not the one who gave this dislike.

• @Cyron43 What if the mod wasnt crashing for the uploader ? Never thought of this ?

Kinda mind closed

• @baba0rum I am a professional software developer and I know sh*t when I see it. No cigar for you either.

• @Cyron43 So the screenshots are from another universe where the mod work ?

There are millions ways to make the game crash, a mod would work on a machine with a lot of others mods without problems and on the other hand crash on a fresh install. You're a dev, you should know anything can happen on an other machine

• @baba0rum said in Which Modders Produce the Better Quality Mods?:

So the screenshots are from another universe where the mod work ?

What screenshots and what mod specifically are you talking about?

@baba0rum said in Which Modders Produce the Better Quality Mods?:

You're a dev, you should know anything can happen on an other machine

Yes in case of compatibility issues or concurrent access. However, I was talking about mods which crash the game (by themselves) or don't deliver the advertised functionality. Why the eff do I have to repeat myself over and over? As I said to xxx78 already, read a comment before you reply!

• @Cyron43 said in Which Modders Produce the Better Quality Mods?:

So the screenshots are from another universe where the mod work ?

What screenshots and what mod specifically are you talking about?

in general, like op said, a "trash" mod that does not work

You're a dev, you should know anything can happen on an other machine

Yes in case of compatibility issues or concurrent access. However, I was talking about mods which crash the game (by themselves) or don't deliver the advertised functionality. Why the eff do I have to repeat myself over and over? As I said to xxx78 already, read a comment before you reply!

i didnt said i don't agree on the functionalities tho. I also don't understand why * you * would lie about a mod functionalities or features.

• @baba0rum Dude I told you about compatibility issues and concurrent access. If a mod runs in general but not for some then it's an issue on the side of the people where it doesn't run. I also told you about mods which crash purely by themselves. Am I talking in a different language or what's your problem? This is suspicious and I get the feeling you argue with me just for the sake of disagreement (aka trolling).

I also don't understand why * you * would lie about a mod functionalities or features

Where did I lie??? Continue with such false assumptions and it gets you reported! Enough is enough!

• @Cyron43

there is:

you and * you *

* You * was meant for people in general, why * you * would lie about a functionality or a feature. Get it ?

• @Cyron43 The person you are arguing with used to ship out high-poly mods with no LODs, he used to ship 19 vehicle's worth of meta data with a single car addon (download his corvette c1) and uses 2K textures without any thought (see his Clio cuirblack & cuirlight textures, 2048x2048, dxt5 with 10 mipmaps for an interior? texture). Someone once complained about his excessive meta data and the response was "It's my mod, I will decide how it gets instaled.". Take that for a user-friendly attitude :rolling_eyes:

Poor quality modders get their ego boosted by the 5-star brigade who want their request vehicle converted. The result of that is 5 stars being a false norm and a bunch of average modders who think everything they touch is gold, even when it's tin. And then of course you get their avid apologist groupies who defend them to the hilt. :rofl: And of course they all get angry when you call them out on things.

There is no magic solution unfortunately guy, auto-aproval lets anything through and there will always be someone who likes a mod, even when 90% hate it. I once considered uploading mods here, I thought with 100+ commercial games behind me, I might be able to do something decent. But I wouldn't upload a mod here now, it would be like a drop of clear water in a muddy pool. So I just download stuff and if it's poor quality, it goes in the trash instead of the game. :laughing:

5 minutes of fame trumps pride and quality. Sad but true. You know what a good mod looks like and you know what a bad mod smells like, trust your own judgement, it's the only thing you can rely on. Peace dude and happy modding. :thumbsup_tone3:

• @MrJanus Thanks for the insight. This tells a lot. The arguments you provided are the reason why I retired from modding for the public.

• @xxx78 for starters Ill assume English is a second language for you as I'm a little confused with what you're trying to say there. I asked for who makes quality mods as I'm sick of downloading broken crap modders claim are perfect yet are totally broken. You on the other hand, come here triggered, or with some other motives in mind just to type your angry defensive responses. I came here thinking you gave me some info, but I came here wasting my time reading your key board hulk smash crap. Don't even bother trying to have the last say as that's all you're trying to do. You said your out, so? Stay out.

@baba0rum same to you pal. Your post is really messy with bad grammar which I assume reflects on your modding capabilities. I mention lazy modders and ask a question. I remind people to test, NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT. And you come to have a hissy-fit and say I'm pissing people off. Ok. If you have a problem why'd you come here and post? Go help out some other... Oh wait you cannot even help in a simple forum post question...Unless you have something helpful to contribute, stop wasting my time.

Ok guys Ill go make you all a sick 5/5 completely broken car mod that will brick your games so I expect 5/5 stars and will harass you if you dare point out my bugs. I will export it from ZMod and will upload it straight here. Doubt I'd need to check anything. If it doesn't work, figure it out or fix it yourself. Oh and I wont provide half the files so I guess you can make your own too. Lets see how you like it. Oh and IF you fix it, don't you dare share it, you and everyone else can only have MY broken crap only. -some GTA V modders

I cannot comprehend why mentioning 'lazy modders' has prompted so much abuse and key board smashing... What is wrong with some people here? If the truth hurts then just read it and buzz off. No contribution whatsoever. I just read one relevant post mentioning a good modder and the rest of the posts are just oozing with butt-hurt enraged trolls defending laziness to their deaths, for no reason I assume? Seriously guys... Bunch of clowns...

Just a quick mention since I cannot be bothered reading some of those abusive irrelevant posts. How come, a car with busted windows in ZMod3 comes with the excuse, "my ZMod3 doesn't let me make breakable glass". Yet, almost every tutorial and myself USE ZMOD3 and MAKE breakable windows? Don't give me that rubbish...

UPDATE: I removed the 3 bugged lines from that car spawner script... I see its been a few weeks and its still not updated here... Hmmm... Some of those unbreakble window cop cars are still broken here I see... Should I upload my own fixes...? Oh wait I'm not allowed... Wonder why...

• @MrJanus When I'm happy of how my mod is, i upload it. I test it on 2 PC before upload on a brand dlc each time (the older dlc pack was used as stock + the new one to be uploaded and a full dlc of the others mods that used it). I don't get any crash at all and try to help when i can. You can complain about how the install work (not like there is a video on how to install it on the original page). And yes like you said, i decide how it will install. When a program come in a rar, will you complain about it if there is no installer ? You want to be taken hand in hand to install a mod ? For the textures size there is a reason. When i need to use tiled textures, some time the UV are too big and this cause in game problems. Do you want an object yellow with some others strange thing ? Because that what it does when i do it.

Also talking about fame, you really believe i do it for the "fame" ? If you think modder become famous for mods... lol. If i wanted to be famous, i would only make super cars, because they are downloaded the most here.

@GTA-Modding-Noob I come here because it's a FORUM. Where any one can get in and talk about things. here we talk about mods. My posts are not out of topic.

Also like i said in some mods pages, the mods i release are free to use any one can edit and upload it if they don't forget the credits.

• This thread is a shit show. Even though I agree that some of the mods being uploaded lately are trash, it doesn't fill me with so much anger and hate that I need to go bitch about it all day in the forums. You guys are literally just here attacking each other now instead of talking about the issue. If 12-year-old "Billy" wants to upload shit mods all day then he's allowed to and there's nothing you can do about it. As a modder myself, it's frustrating that my mod gets pushed to the second page while one person uploads 7 different buggy mods that they don't bother to fix but there's nothing I can do about it.

• @IAmJFry said in Which Modders Produce the Better Quality Mods?:

... but there's nothing I can do about it.

Well maybe there is but nothing will change if we just suck it up, that's for sure. If all good modders leave this site because of such frustration (it happened already for some) there will only be crap mods left here and I don't need to tell you what happens to a site which reputation goes down the drain. I don't think this is what the administration of gta5-mods.com wants.

• @GTA-Modding-Noob said in Which Modders Produce the Better Quality Mods?:

TEST!!! Do I need to make a video tutorial on "How to test your GTA V mods before you upload for dummies" guide?

That's it - you believed in your own divinity. "Everyone is stupid but me".

If you can live on GTA only and do not accept that there is a real world outside it and things happen, that's your choice. I congratulate you on having so much time on your hands. I'd love to be like you.

• @TheMurderousCricket That's odd. I didn't know there is a deadline for publishing a mod.

• @Cyron43 said in Which Modders Produce the Better Quality Mods?:

"I don't think this is what the administration of gta5-mods.com wants."

It may not be what they want but unless they take action nothing can be done. What I was mainly getting at is 2 people complaining about it and then basically bashing everyone who disagrees is not going to get you anywhere.

• @Cyron43
    And what I'm thinking @TheMurderousCricket is talking about is if I release a mod and I somehow managed to miss a big bug (which happens) that just really messes up the mod for people and at the same time I'm married, have 2 kids and a full-time job, it may take me awhile to return to it. Then I return from my struggles in life and come back to being bashed because I had to take a break from modding and left a buggy mod uploaded by mistake.

• Yes @IAmJFry, @Cyron43 this is my point right from the start of this discussion. I didn't mention any "deadlines", did I? :question:

Unfortunately many people are very demanding and critical, not giving a single thought about others' problems or priorities.

I just can't help the feeling that GTA Modding Noob assumes everyone who ceased updating their mods is a useless, lazy bastard. Plus it doesn't matter to him, how big their contributions are / were up to a point. I don't think it's right...

• @TheMurderousCricket said in Which Modders Produce the Better Quality Mods?:

I didn't mention any "deadlines", did I?

No of course not. I mean there is no time frame for developing a mod. So a lack of time is no good excuse for not testing a mod before publishing.
    Updating is a whole different case. Of course we all have our real life duties but I know there are certain modders who push one mod after the other without caring to fix what's already published. I could even tell names but I skip that for the sake of peace. Anyway, such a behavior is either not right. They got the time to develop more mods but reasonable testing and fixing bugs is out of reach? Come on!
    @HKH191 is one of a kind. He publishes script mods which are full of bugs. I reported those issues not one but three times but instead of fixing them he just piles up more code onto crap code which can only result in more crap.
    BTW was that you who disliked my comment regarding my VAutodrive mod (fleeing peds don't drive to a waypoint)?

• @Cyron43
    Not saying you weren't clear on what you’ve said in previous posts but being explained like that sounds much more understanding and reasonable. @GTA-Modding-Noob is honestly coming off like a douchebag and is just sounding very hostile to anyone who disagrees. But I do agree with you and understand where you’re coming from.

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.